• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ Agree with Kepu HJ.......just excellent composure, angle and 'capturing the moment' perfectly.

I especially liked the sequence that resulted in Papa's (Churchie 11) try, every micro-step captured from great angles.

The ancient joy for any rugby player of getting the pill over the chalk.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow.just heard from my NC mates.They were very impressed with the state high program ..Bshs won the 13a 14a lost 15a 10-5 (40 point turnaround) lost 16a 10-7 .won the first 25_23::: nudgee program has gone backwards in the last year.or has the state high program .developed.???
Pretty sure the 13A's won by 80 points and choose not to kick any conversions. I think the 14a's won by a fair amount also.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
I think it was back on July 15 I said I was surprised no one was tipping Churchie as premiers this year. I called it then but said it would be a tie with BBC and NC. well done to coach Michael Lucas, a quietly effective communicator who did a lot of the work for last years win but got no credit.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
having seen all the top 4 sides play each and visiting the Nationals it is my view Croft and Sua are the 2 best players in the comp.
why did they not try out for Aussie Schools?
Bowen, Morea, etc were all going to NRL but still played Aussie Schoolboys

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Btw, huge crowd at Churchie today, stakes so high for two great rugby schools. Terrific atmosphere all round in a very hard fought, close game. Large number of Churchie old boys in a big group initiated war cries along with the boys. Nice.

Churchie showed their generally excellent 2H composure to maintain focus and work their way back up the field to score the final, decisive try near right on FT.

This all despite the fact that from late in 1H TSS started to dominate and showed really excellent rugby skills, especially at the breakdown, in defence, and in fast, close, accurate passing through the hands to their accomplished outside backs.

I've said here before that last year Gilmore brought an excellent culture to the 2014 Churchie 1sts. It was 'one for all and all of one' in a genuine and real way and this playing for each other combined with superb grit and never say die determination has been Churchie's 2015 hallmark, particularly as the 2015 team has had way less 'star' players than 2014's.

RH, mates of mine at Churchie closely involved with the team would tell you the seeds of the winning culture in this team were sewed by 2013 15A coaches Shaun McLean and David Bell who totally turned around an unsuccessful 14A side and gave them belief. Bell's move to TGS as Director of Sport for 2016 is a huge loss for the Churchie program.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bit of a scare for BBC at half time yesterday, but despite comments made earlier about their fitness at the back end of games, they got the job done. Credit to GT for a good game. Shocked as we all are with Nudgees lost and not surprised at churchies result. B&W, I agree. I ask the same question? No doubt boys picked will do their country proud, but it's ludicrous we don't have those two IMO.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not a reply to you murphy, but back to one of my earlier posts about how good the QLD GPS comp is. I just wish the Sanix youth competition was held at the end of our season.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I think I first picked Churchie to win it all back in round two.. I'll go digging soon to show off.

Speaking of long distance predictions, I said "Jack Rogers is a star, and should have played for Queensland" last year, for which I was laughed out of the theatre.

He just scored three tries on debut for the Cronulla Sharks U20s http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...unning-nyc-debut/story-e6frf3uc-1227503963989

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
After watching Churchie yesterday I'm going to jump on the bandwagon.
I think BBC are done, Nudgee will have an uphill battle (at what point does Calvin Pritchard step in to save the First XV?) and Toowoomba just haven't got the pieces in play this year (not that they won't next year)

Which leaves TSS and Churchie to duke it out for the Premiership.

TSS may still be the favourites purely because Churchie have got a nightmare four-weeks to come, but I back Churchie to get it done this year.

I can't see a situation where NC + TSS + ACGS all drop a game or more.

My ladder prediction as of Round 3

1. ACGS
= TSS
3. NC
BBC
TGS
GT
IGS
BGS
BSHS

Churchie have the round 8 bye, BBC the round 9.

The ladder stands today as:

1. ACGS (12 points)
2. TSS (8 points)
= NC (8 points)
= BBC (8 points)
5. BSHS (6 points)
= GT (points
= TGS (6 points)
8. BGS (2 points)
9. IGS (0 points)

I predict the final season ladder to read:

1. ACGS (14 points) Beat BGS in R9
2. TSS (12 points) Beat BSHS and TGS
= NC (12 points) Beat GT and IGS
4. BBC (10 points) Beat BGS in R8
5. TGS (8 points) Beat IGS, lose to TSS
6. GT (8 points) Lose to NC, beat BSHS
7. BSHS (6 points) Lose to TSS and GT
8. BGS (2 points) Lose to BBC and ACGS
9. IGS (0 points) Lose to TGS and NC

Big games left are TSS v TGS up the range in R9, and GT v BSHS in R9

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Has the rather extraordinary loss of NC to BSHS created a kind of commentary black hole, where the intense and solemn gravity of the situation for the blue and white has sucked all human energy into a dark vortex of pain and isolation such that no human verbiage can or will ever emerge from it?

Somebody please say something or we will fear that NC rugby has vaporised without trace.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Has the rather extraordinary loss of NC to BSHS created a kind of commentary black hole, where the intense and solemn gravity of the situation for the blue and white has sucked all human energy into a dark vortex of pain and isolation such that no human verbiage can or will ever emerge from it?

Somebody please say something or we will fear that NC rugby has vaporised without trace.

One loss does not a disaster make.

Why does it have to be a dark day for NC? Why can't we just celebrate how well BSHS played?

I think it's been great seeing such close competition. Anyone could honestly best anyone and that's a good thing.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The King, if Churchie does beat BGS, with your exceptional knowledge of these things, has Churchie ever before won two unshared GPS Premierships in a row?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
One loss does not a disaster make.

Why does it have to be a dark day for NC? Why can't we just celebrate how well BSHS played?

I think it's been great seeing such close competition. Anyone could honestly best anyone and that's a good thing.

tooms, should I have added a ;-) ?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
The King.
Very keen to see video of BSHS v NC game.

This has been a strange season of upsets and surprises.
My tip for TSS to win this year's title was based on
preseason form guide.
Throw out form guide next year....LOL. :D

Have never seen TSS Firsts loose 2 consecutive matches.

Did the flu hit Nudgee again or State High play their grand final?
Well done BSHS.

Congrats to Churchie First XV and their coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.