• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bazarov

Thanks FR....back in the mists of time!
On my work experience in grade 12 I was taken to meet a bloke who was part of that '63 side.

Wow, that is a long time ago.

Great Southport comeback yesterday after going down 12 nil. Their pilferers in the second half were excellent and keep them right in the hunt 'til the final last minutes. Many turnovers from rucks although Churchie dominated their own throws to the lineout.

19 all would have been an interesting result, especially if Nudgee had not lost to BSHS.

J. Sua sure can tackle.

ACGS 10 stood out as those annoyingly talented flyhalfs can.

Great game. Great atmosphere at Oaklands Parade.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Congrats To ACGS - you repelled every challenge and had a great run with injuries- I think all of your rep player and your 2 superstars played every match.
IMO Croft is the best player in the comp. TSS had a good run with injuries too unlike NC and BBC .
I watched the tape of BBC v GT and the 2 nd half surely was BBC s best for the year- every try was scored by a forward with 2 off back of a dominant scrum that had an under 16 hooker and under 16 prop.
I will not comment on NC injury ward other than to say they are down to their 3 rd choice 10.But yesterdays loss was poor.
I know BBC were expecting more but they lost to TSS by 2 and had a fair try to win match disallowed, lost to ACGS by 4 and really should have won after leading well at halftime and spending last 5 mins camped on ACGS line.
They will not like my saying this ,but they did this without( maybe 5 front line players- who I saw at Nationals)
-2 Qld players - hooker & 14 that did not play a single game(Simpson outplayed the Newington boy that made Aussie Schools in match I saw);
-an Aussie schoolboy 13 ( their 2 nd best attacking weapon)that played only 2 matches( surely he will not be ready for NZ);
- an Aussie schoolboy 11 that has only played 4 matches( and carrying injury);
- last 4 matches without first and 2nd choice 12 .

ACGS deserved winners but you need a little luck with injuries. Unlike NSW the Qld comp is getting more even every year and that is great news.
Bring on the biggest rivalry of all NC vGT

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)

Big games left are TSS v TGS up the range in R9, and GT v BSHS in R9

It may not necessarily be "Big" King, but in context, with the Premiership all but dcided, the Nudge's final home game against their GT cousins could be memorable for TGWW ('The Great WarrenWobble's') possible "outing" at half-time.

William Wallace seems to be all over it, and I would need to check exactly where the Pope usually stores his 'hat', but I'd have thought the organisers at Ross Oval are well and truly "on notice", so beware all viewers come Saturday!

Go with greatness, Wobble! All speed to yers, man! ;)

phil samson

Frank Row (1)
After a great weekend of GPS rugby I come to the conclusion that this competition is second to none in school boy rugby. I had the pleasure of watching the TSS V Churchie game, and what a game. Firstly the atmosphere was full of excitement with both schools supporters screaming there lungs out for their team. TSS was out done by the Churchie supporters as you would expect being a home game for Churchie. I thought the referee had an outstanding game and I walked away thinking that was one of the best games of rugby I have seen in a number of years. I thought the score at 19 a piece would have been a fair result however it was great to get a winner. Both teams schools should be very proud of their performance. I thought outstanding for TSS was there #9, 7 and the 8 in patches. For Churchie everyone continually talks about #10 and 12, and how dominant they are but without the pack going forward it would be a different story. The Churchie #7 and 3 we're outstanding. They keep Churchie going forward and continued to get the body's through the defensive line. This is when the backline fired. The #9 gave clean and quick service to the backs. I do agree #10 and 12 are outstanding but I would include the 13 as well. He scored 2 tries with one being the winning try. The one thing I will say about the #12 when he hits you in a tackle you know you have been hit. Well done Churchie on a great season, you have 1 decision to make. To share or not to share!!

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Firstly congrats to the Churchie team - that's a great win! I'd counted you out but you've dialed yourself into a premiership. Your 2 big guns fired when you needed them.
Grammar - hold them up high...great to see some passion and spirit provided you with a win. The mums had a good day in the tuckshop too I hear!
Now about my lube - I'm all out - so Nudgee don't let me down next week.
You are currently tie second, beat the Red & Black Catho's next week and I'll back you in against Ippy.
Bring on the close of the season...it's been a ball tearer....well done lads!

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Congrats To ACGS - you repelled every challenge and had a great run with injuries- I think all of your rep player and your 2 superstars played every match.
IMO Croft is the best player in the comp. TSS had a good run with injuries too unlike NC and BBC .
I watched the tape of BBC v GT and the 2 nd half surely was BBC s best for the year- every try was scored by a forward with 2 off back of a dominant scrum that had an under 16 hooker and under 16 prop.
I will not comment on NC injury ward other than to say they are down to their 3 rd choice 10.But yesterdays loss was poor.
I know BBC were expecting more but they lost to TSS by 2 and had a fair try to win match disallowed, lost to ACGS by 4 and really should have won after leading well at halftime and spending last 5 mins camped on ACGS line.
They will not like my saying this ,but they did this without( maybe 5 front line players- who I saw at Nationals)
-2 Qld players - hooker & 14 that did not play a single game(Simpson outplayed the Newington boy that made Aussie Schools in match I saw);
-an Aussie schoolboy 13 ( their 2 nd best attacking weapon)that played only 2 matches( surely he will not be ready for NZ);
- an Aussie schoolboy 11 that has only played 4 matches( and carrying injury);
- last 4 matches without first and 2nd choice 12 .

ACGS deserved winners but you need a little luck with injuries. Unlike NSW the Qld comp is getting more even every year and that is great news.
Bring on the biggest rivalry of all NC vGT

Good wrap up Blue & White...Agree with all of it....for a change :)

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
13As - Match of the round was the 3rd place play-off between BBC & GT with BBC getting up 31-5.

Very good win by BBC who were too good all over the park. a top performance all round from a good side.

The GT team looked tired after some very brave performances over the past few weekends and couldn't continue to overcome the loss of all its first choice inside backs and key forwards.

The Red and Black heads certainly dropped a bit with that first minute half field intercept try. I know it allowed me to focus on the 14's :).

BAG

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Very good win by BBC who were too good all over the park. a top performance all round from a good side.

The GT team looked tired after some very brave performances over the past few weekends and couldn't continue to overcome the loss of all its first choice inside backs and key forwards.

The Red and Black heads certainly dropped a bit with that first minute half field intercept try. I know it allowed me to focus on the 14's :).

BAG
How did it workout that ippy grammar and state high under 13's get so far ahead of everyone else. If you look at the score lines that those two teams have put on everyone else it is crazy. It must be on average getting close to 80 or 90 points. Putting it out there. How can those two teams be so far ahead of everyone else?

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
How did it workout that ippy grammar and state high under 13's get so far ahead of everyone else. If you look at the score lines that those two teams have put on everyone else it is crazy. It must be on average getting close to 80 or 90 points. Putting it out there. How can those two teams be so far ahead of everyone else?

Size and speed of boys who have developed early.

It always evens out as the other boys develop in the later years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done, Churchie.

News that David Bell is heading to TGS is both pleasing and disappointing for numerous reasons. Wish him all the best and no doubt Toowoomba's gain is Churchie's loss.

From those of us who don't have the chance to see much GPS rugby these days, many thanks to the posters who keep this forum churning along - it's fantastic to read your insights.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Size and speed of boys who have developed early.

It always evens out as the other boys develop in the later years.

Narrow minded comment ... A comment that I will keep and repost numerous times for the sake of the Ippy and BSHS players involved in these teams and Im not even part of those communities ...move on

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
After a great weekend of GPS rugby I come to the conclusion that this competition is second to none in school boy rugby. I had the pleasure of watching the TSS V Churchie game, and what a game. Firstly the atmosphere was full of excitement with both schools supporters screaming there lungs out for their team. TSS was out done by the Churchie supporters as you would expect being a home game for Churchie. I thought the referee had an outstanding game and I walked away thinking that was one of the best games of rugby I have seen in a number of years. I thought the score at 19 a piece would have been a fair result however it was great to get a winner. Both teams schools should be very proud of their performance. I thought outstanding for TSS was there #9, 7 and the 8 in patches. For Churchie everyone continually talks about #10 and 12, and how dominant they are but without the pack going forward it would be a different story. The Churchie #7 and 3 we're outstanding. They keep Churchie going forward and continued to get the body's through the defensive line. This is when the backline fired. The #9 gave clean and quick service to the backs. I do agree #10 and 12 are outstanding but I would include the 13 as well. He scored 2 tries with one being the winning try. The one thing I will say about the #12 when he hits you in a tackle you know you have been hit. Well done Churchie on a great season, you have 1 decision to make. To share or not to share!!
Congratulations to Churchie 1st XV on an outstanding game of rugby, they played together as a team and deservedly won the hard fought battle. To TSS, you will need to lift your heads after the last 2 weeks disappointments as there are still 2 difficult opponents ahead. Focus on what lies ahead. Good Luck and play hard.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Narrow minded comment . A comment that I will keep and repost numerous times for the sake of the Ippy and BSHS players involved in these teams and Im not even part of those communities .move on

Narrow minded? Ok ...

I saw that Ippy 13 side myself and if anyone try's to argue that their size and speed did not play a big part then frankly I'm just walking away because that's plain ridiculous.

This comes up every year, and every year we see teams that tore it up in the 13s or 14s or whatever get pulled back into the pack. Boys go through a massive change between grade 8, 9, 10, and then on after that. Hell I've seen bean poles who would snap in a breeze play 2nds and the show up as monsters three years later in premier sides.

There is no doubting there is some serious skill in the Ippy and State High 13s teams ... But I'm more than happy to keep this post and come back every year right up to firsts and I'm sure I'll still be very comfortable with what I've said now.

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Maybe check through the results of the U13 IGS Team (U12 Last year)....not sure if its a case of kids developing early etc.....the core team is the same as last year with a handful of new players this year - keeping in mind 50 point victories were the norm last year. Note the B's & C's are probably undefeated in 2015 also? A good close team - good coaching & support and good depth in players.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe check through the results of the U13 IGS Team (U12 Last year)..not sure if its a case of kids developing early etc...the core team is the same as last year with a handful of new players this year - keeping in mind 50 point victories were the norm last year. Note the B's & C's are probably undefeated in 2015 also? A good close team - good coaching & support and good depth in players.

Benchwarmer why are the IGS 13's so strong A B C each win 6 games ie.18/18 which is to be commended but u14 only have two teams with 3 wins between them??

Status
Not open for further replies.