• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysthewinner

Peter Burge (5)
Yep spot on very good front row - they a very good Great Team which is why I was expecting that result on the weekend- I was just making special note of the work-rate at the breakdown that ran BBC off the field on the weekend

I also think that top prop would be the first to admit he is currently short on match fitness and has missed a lot game time this season.

The three players from the U14 City (1, 7, 12) team are all at the pinnacle of their positions no doubt, however it is the way the TEAM has gelled this season that has made the difference - the coach needs a lot of credit.

Having spoken to that Prop over the weekend, he is no doubt about his lack of match fitness. He is still nursing a knee injury and is gearing up for a massive last 2 games as well as a club grand final.

And yes BAG, the team have gelled on field and that can be put down to almost 100% from the coaching they have had this year.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don
Hang on there, what about our front row in 14's surely you must be aware that GT have one of the top props in Qld..and is a key part of the success.
I'm keen to hear who comes close to this front row in 14's ?
Certainly a good team Sunny, GT have recruited well. The Sunnybank boy was a great pick up for them, it really is a treasure trove out there.
On Sunnybank, there's a team with great front row, as do the Gold Coast team, how about that for starters.
But really there are heaps of top kids across GPS and club with very little between them, so I think the future looks pretty bright indeed.

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Benchwarmer why are the IGS 13's so strong A B C each win 6 games ie.18/18 which is to be commended but u14 only have two teams with 3 wins between them??
I am told that Ippy have had a tough year in 14's with some injuries and the loss of a forward to NZ.
Think they might need to find a player or two for next years 15's, not overly sure what is happening in that department, that more of a recruiting/ scholarship thread topic.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yep spot on very good front row - they a very good Great Team which is why I was expecting that result on the weekend- I was just making special note of the work-rate at the breakdown that ran BBC off the field on the weekend

I also think that top prop would be the first to admit he is currently short on match fitness and has missed a lot game time this season.

The three players from the U14 City (1, 7, 12) team are all at the pinnacle of their positions no doubt, however it is the way the TEAM has gelled this season that has made the difference - the coach needs a lot of credit.

So BBC had 2 ( their best player)and 12 out and GT had number 8 out and you are all still raving about the match. I better look at the date for GTV BBC 15 A match next year.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. You can't be serious surely? On the day I saw at least some NC and ACGS players having a handshake and an embrace just before the Churchie boys ran on.

2. "A recipe for disaster" - are you CEO for NC's insurance company? What kind of disaster could befall these boys on a flat, dry surface prey tell?

3. It's balderdash that the Churchie boys were 'rubbing your face it it". They were pure and simple just celebrating a good victory by their team, end of. I saw not one incident within coo-ee of Churchie boys belittling NC players or boys. Even so, surely NC are tough enough for a bit of a ribbing should such an appalling, shocking event as you allege occur.

4. I very vividly recall NC boys running immediately onto Main Oval at Churchie in years gone by when NC beat Churchie there - the 'new' NC home rule reeks of hypocrisy as and when it does not apply to NC boys when away. Btw: no one had any problem at Churchie with them doing that, it was all in a good spirit. NC deserved to celebrate.

5. 'Boys need to learn how to win and lose with dignity'. I saw no 'undignified' conduct by either NC or Churchie players or boys that day. For goodness sakes, this is a schoolboy sport with war cries, chanting, cheering, strong spirit, let's enjoy it for what it is and not elevate it to some kind of solemn, serious place where fun and celebration are somehow 'undignified'. Sounds more like the dining halls of Eton in 1956.

6. Do I detect just a scintilla of '..NC simply doesn't like to lose, and lose big, on R.O. and even worse is losing with reminders from the how-dare-you victors.'? sentiment in all this?

7. You need to please read the blog a touch more carefully - the point re dogs and grounds etc was made by lion above, not me. And I NEVER bring my handbag to GPS games.

In reply to your essay:

1. Players ran straight to fans- not blaming the players- fans shouldn;t have been on the field though.
2. Just glad Nudgee didn't get sued for your princes falling over and getting trampled. The opportunity for excited fans to get up and close to opoosition players has the potential for a disaster, yes. 2004 GT V NC .. need I say more.
3. the warcry on the field in front of the NC grandstand...
4. "The new NC home rule"- it's not a NC rule mate - it's a GPS rule which was meant to be enforced at the beginning of the season (most schools have)- NC don't make them up... at TSS two weeks ago, important win to NC, there was no storming the field. The Churchie boys got a roasting at school the following week for it.. why I wonder?
5. yes lets enjoy the schoolboy sport!
6. of course no one likes to lose on their home ground...
7. that wasn;t directed at you..

Peace.

Whatsthefuss

Bob McCowan (2)
Gungenia - add another 2 out - Brisbane Prop broke his arm at club training during the week - and 6 boys crawled out of bed with the flu Saturday morning, and some other disruptions mid-week that don't warrant mention here - but that is sport - you need to play what is in front of you.
Having said that, even without disruption, I don't think the BBC boys would have beaten that committed GT team - their speed at the breakdown, and intensity all game were extraordinary for 13 yr olds - well done coach !
Seems the BBC boys haven't quite been on their game all year - bit lacking in direction.
Season's not over yet for GT - Nudgee will be up for them at home on Saturday, then a very slick High team is looking forward to crashing the Tennyson party on the last weekend of the season !

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)

So that's the full match, found it on the same account as the highlights video.

I was there at the game, but watching it again on video is a different experience.

The game was scrappier than I remember, a lot of loose ball especially from GT, but from BBC just some silly decisions, like all the aimless kicking.

Looking at the game now it really looks like GT destroyed the BBC game plan early and then BBC had nothing. It wasn't until the final minutes of the match when GT were very clearly tired that BBC's fast men found space and got rewards.

I actually think BBC's best player was their #15, not their #13.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Awesome talent from GT and BBC coming through in 13's and 14's - great to see!
Couple that with IGS and State High 13s and it could be a changing of the guard in GPS rugby in the next 2 to 3 years.
Now that would be nice to see.
Until TSS bring the U20's Titans team in to do year 12 for the third time!!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
In reply to your essay:

1. Players ran straight to fans- not blaming the players- fans shouldn;t have been on the field though.
2. Just glad Nudgee didn't get sued for your princes falling over and getting trampled. The opportunity for excited fans to get up and close to opoosition players has the potential for a disaster, yes. 2004 GT V NC .. need I say more.
3. the warcry on the field in front of the NC grandstand.
4. "The new NC home rule"- it's not a NC rule mate - it's a GPS rule which was meant to be enforced at the beginning of the season (most schools have)- NC don't make them up. at TSS two weeks ago, important win to NC, there was no storming the field. The Churchie boys got a roasting at school the following week for it.. why I wonder?
5. yes lets enjoy the schoolboy sport!
6. of course no one likes to lose on their home ground.
7. that wasn;t directed at you..

Peace.

Well, re this so-called GPS rule, whatever, it's the silliest thing since a pavlova without passionfruit.

Obviously GPS directors of rugby have far too much time on their hands these days and are too often seen to be studying that infamous Victorian tome of 1894: 'The Essential Requirement to Contain the Pleasures and Exuberances of Schoolboys in the Interests of Improved Social Conduct and General Restraint and Decorum'.

I will henceforth in all applicable communications refer to this rule as 'The Nudgee College Wounded Pride Rule (With Details for Selective Implementation Depending Upon Who Wins and Loses Where)'.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
So BBC had 2 ( their best player)and 12 out and GT had number 8 out and you are all still raving about the match. I better look at the date for GTV BBC 15 A match next year.

Was the blonde 10 at BBC last year - I am sure he didnt play against GT in 2014

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Was the blonde 10 at BBC last year - I am sure he didnt play against GT in 2014

last year's BBC 13A which is basically 2015 BBC 14A (bar injuries).

1. N Murchinson
2.M Robinson
3.M Campbell
4.C Doe
5.J Gallagher
6. J Brimblecombe
7.T Raoren
8.L Plazibat
9.H Walker

10.Dougal Hulme

11.J Bowyer
12.M Sterling
13.E Coulston
14.D Purdy
15.S Ma'afu

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
last year's BBC 13A which is basically 2015 BBC 14A (bar injuries).

1. N Murchinson
2.M Robinson
3.M Campbell
4.C Doe
5.J Gallagher
6. J Brimblecombe
7.T Raoren
8.L Plazibat
9.H Walker

10.Dougal Hulme

11.J Bowyer
12.M Sterling
13.E Coulston
14.D Purdy
15.S Ma'afu

That is not the line up from Saturday - the way I saw it, 12 was playing wing, 10 was at 12 and 10 was a new boy - last years U13 Country 10 and this years City 10 if my eyes don't deceive me.

There was also 2 out apparently - my guess is 11 and one other.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
That is not the line up from Saturday - the way I saw it, 12 was playing wing, 10 was at 12 and 10 was a new boy - last years U13 Country 10 and this years City 10 if my eyes don't deceive me.

There was also 2 out apparently - my guess is 11 and one other.

Yes 7 was out also and a prop. 30 point turn around by GT from last year -congrats.
7 was awarded best player in under 13 last year and has not played a GPS game this year.(broken arm).
His middle brother was to play 9 in 1st xv but has also not played a game (broken ankle).
The eldest brother made Qld 2 & plays his last 1st xv match at 10 on weekend (He was the boy on Fox rugby who scored the spin try against TGS).
Wonderful family.

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
This Saturday, September 5, sees the annual mick-on-mick round of the GPS comp aka Terrace v Nudgee. It is a day of grand theatre which is attended by so many layers and levels of Brisbane's and Qld's rugby pedigree (not to forget a few Australian reps). Grandparents, aunts, uncles, mums, dads, brothers, sisters (thank goodness no children or grandchildren! This year.) also enjoy watching their loved ones do their thing. They sit on the Grandstand side or the Chapel side or somewhere in between if time and family and marriage interlopers have created a quandary for heart or home.

This year is unique for the two nurseries - 125 years for Nudgee and 140 years for Terrace. Every weekend at every venue, a similar grand theatre is played out but it is the turn of these two schools this weekend and for whatever reason, it attracts goodly numbered patrons ( I vividly remember the centenary match in 1991:10-15 deep right around the paddock).

To mark the occasion, a pic will be taken between the end of the 2nds and the start of the 1st XV ie 2.00pm of ALL 1st XV Old Boy players from both schools. If the cap fits and you feel so inclined or you know somebody who fits the bill, please let him know. I know that the Terrace Captain from 1948 is planning to be there as is a member of the Nudgee 1956 team. It would be wonderful if they could be joined by others.

Terrace players will be on the Wilkes Oval end of Ross Oval and Nudgee Old Boys will be on the Chapel end of the paddock. Remember: 2.00pm gathering please.

These fellows have written the story that this annual day is built upon and that this day celebrates. I have clear memories, too, of my own lad having a run on this day some years ago and one of the fellows he 'welcomed' to Ross is now one of his best mates down at Brothers. Such is the stuff and story of schoolboy rugby.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
1. You can't be serious surely? On the day I saw at least some NC and ACGS players having a handshake and an embrace just before the Churchie boys ran on.

2. "A recipe for disaster" - are you CEO for NC's insurance company? What kind of disaster could befall these boys on a flat, dry surface prey tell?

3. It's balderdash that the Churchie boys were 'rubbing your face it it". They were pure and simple just celebrating a good victory by their team, end of. I saw not one incident within coo-ee of Churchie boys belittling NC players or boys. Even so, surely NC are tough enough for a bit of a ribbing should such an appalling, shocking event as you allege occur.

4. I very vividly recall NC boys running immediately onto Main Oval at Churchie in years gone by when NC beat Churchie there - the 'new' NC home rule reeks of hypocrisy as and when it does not apply to NC boys when away. Btw: no one had any problem at Churchie with them doing that, it was all in a good spirit. NC deserved to celebrate.

5. 'Boys need to learn how to win and lose with dignity'. I saw no 'undignified' conduct by either NC or Churchie players or boys that day. For goodness sakes, this is a schoolboy sport with war cries, chanting, cheering, strong spirit, let's enjoy it for what it is and not elevate it to some kind of solemn, serious place where fun and celebration are somehow 'undignified'. Sounds more like the dining halls of Eton in 1956.

6. Do I detect just a scintilla of '..NC simply doesn't like to lose, and lose big, on R.O. and even worse is losing with reminders from the how-dare-you victors.'? sentiment in all this?

7. You need to please read the blog a touch more carefully - the point re dogs and grounds etc was made by lion above, not me. And I NEVER bring my handbag to GPS games.

BGS were not allowed to run onto Northgate No.1 on the weekend after their win over IGS. It is new GPS legislation which prohibits students running onto the field. This is just plain ignorance and egotism from the Churchie supporters - disrespecting the efforts of the opposition and the nature in which GPS sport should be played.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
BGS were not allowed to run onto Northgate No.1 on the weekend after their win over IGS. It is new GPS legislation which prohibits students running onto the field. This is just plain ignorance and egotism from the Churchie supporters - disrespecting the efforts of the opposition and the nature in which GPS sport should be played.

Was it a case that they were not allowed to run on the field or that it has been so long between wins that the students couldn't find it? Do we need a hug SamoanNo8? Tongue in cheek of course!!

B

Bazarov

Does anyone know if a copy of the game, or some match highlights have been posted anywhere, particularly for ACGS v NC or TSS?

I have had little success with livestream, I don't know whether you can watch any of those games 1. on replay 2. without a pay subscription.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.