• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
My Dear TG - from all of your posts, you are obviously "on the inside " at BBC, but it seems you keep getting given the wrong oil !
Not sure what it has to do with the game anyway, but the are no heart surgeons in the 14As, or Bs, or cs for that matter at BBC .
It was a good game - focus on that. If you are close to the news at BBC, you would realise the enormous disruption that those boys had to their preparation during the week, as well as the 4 boys out for the season, and another 6 coming into the game after being away from school with the flu all week.
Having said that, even without all of that, it very well may not have made a difference to the result - BBC would've had to be on their A game, and then some, to beat the very committed, passionate, tenacious and well-coached GT 14A XV.

I spoke to some parents at the match and yes must have been a rough week for some of the BBC players. Still, if I wasn't lied to GT also had two boys playing with knee injuries, a forward roped into playing wing, missing their massive number 8, and three boys playing sick. All is fair in love and war I suppose.

Still I've rarely seen a 14s team as well drilled as that, and as keen either.

I'm desperate for the video, I want to see that try from GT 13 again.

Whatsthefuss

Bob McCowan (2)
Fair call DS - yup - really keen, and extraordinarily well drilled for a 14s team - do you know who their coach is - he did a great job getting them up for that game ?

Whatsthefuss

Bob McCowan (2)
My Dear TG - from all of your posts, you are obviously "on the inside " at BBC, but it seems you keep getting given the wrong oil !
Not sure what it has to do with the game anyway, but the are no heart surgeons in the 14As, or Bs, or cs for that matter at BBC .
It was a good game - focus on that. If you are close to the news at BBC, you would realise the enormous disruption that those boys had to their preparation during the week, as well as the 4 boys out for the season, and another 6 coming into the game after being away from school with the flu all week.
Having said that, even without all of that, it very well may not have made a difference to the result - BBC would've had to be on their A game, and then some, to beat the very committed, passionate, tenacious and well-coached GT 14A XV.

Headgear

Bob McCowan (2)
Benchwarmer why are the IGS 13's so strong A B C each win 6 games ie.18/18 which is to be commended but u14 only have two teams with 3 wins between them??

The mail I have from ippy parents is coaches in IGS 13s have created a strong culture within the teams. Two coaches have coached the boys since grade 5. Only 2 big boys added to A side this year. BSHS side is much bigger than IGS, I put it down to coaching and culture.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Fair call DS - yup - really keen, and extraordinarily well drilled for a 14s team - do you know who their coach is - he did a great job getting them up for that game ?

They have a teacher and another guy as coach. I don't know them personally, but the other guy is a former premier grade referee.

Funny story, he once gave me a yellow card over a decade ago now but I still remember it.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)

my dear sir
That was actually a joke.
but there is a heart surgeon with a boy in the open grades.And as you know plenty of orthp surgeons.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I spoke to some parents at the match and yes must have been a rough week for some of the BBC players. Still, if I wasn't lied to GT also had two boys playing with knee injuries, a forward roped into playing wing, missing their massive number 8, and three boys playing sick. All is fair in love and war I suppose.

Yes i would like to know how many players he actually went round to score that try.
what school was he at last year? Wonderful player -

Justmum

Frank Row (1)
Yes i would like to know how many players he actually went round to score that try.

The 13 was at Mary MacKillop at Mt Gravatt. I would say he stepped at least 5, including the 15 from BBC. He is a wonderful player and a wonderful kid. His brother plays in the 12A's.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

He is in grade 8 and came from Primary School last year along with is brother.

As flashy and talented as he is the heart of the 14a's at GT is the workrate, unselfishness and commitment of the forwards especially the back 5 with the 7, 9 and 12 the core week in week out.

BAG

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Don
He is in grade 8 and came from Primary School last year along with is brother.

As flashy and talented as he is the heart of the 14a's at GT is the workrate, unselfishness and commitment of the forwards especially the back 5 with the 7, 9 and 12 the core week in week out.

BAG
Hang on there, what about our front row in 14's surely you must be aware that GT have one of the top props in Qld..and is a key part of the success.
I'm keen to hear who comes close to this front row in 14's ?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
THIS IS AN UNASHAMEDLY AGGRESSIVE COMPLAINTS POST, BEWARE THOSE OF FAINT HEART

Can I ask: WTF is going on with this seeming new GPS rule that boys in the support of their rugby 1sts are not allowed to run onto the field after the game???!!!

I was speechless to be told by Churchie boys that NC teachers approached them angrily when they ran onto the R.O. field just to congratulate with all due and normal glee their team for beating the NC 1sts. They were instructed to immediately leave the field as they were not permitted to be there.

What on earth could be the intelligent, sensibly-minded justification of this PC killjoy nonsense in the face of something fun and positive that damages nor risks nothing? Fine if we'd had massive rains and the field was at risk of becoming impossibly chopped up, but this was in no way a factor. So what was?

Worse was to come when in Churchie's own next home match, apparently, in part due to a NC compliant, 'a new GPS rule' had to be enforced by Churchie teachers and prefects that (a) the cheer-on tunnel was not to encroach upon the field (and thus had to be < 50% of its usual, historical size) and further (b) the boys were not to run onto the field after the game but rather our team was to approach the boys' stand and celebrations were solely to be held there, off the field (needless to say this did not work and the the celebrations soon leaked back on field).

I mean really, what kind of Australian world is this when happy boys who love their team and the sport they enjoy cannot be permitted the extraordinary, censurable indulgence of running onto the rugby field (that btw their parents spend a fortune to maintain to standards almost beating Suncorp's) and ringing their players in camaraderie and innocent, totally harmless exuberance?

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)

NC 14a (2014) dominated last years 14's in the same fashion. Players were very good, but I put it down to the coaching that made them excel. Same kids now in 15a's different coach, different results. Individually the boys are excellent players, but the coach hasn't been able to gel them as well as the coach did last year.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)

Can I ask: WTF is going on with this seeming new GPS rule that boys in the support of their rugby 1sts are not allowed to run onto the field after the game???!!!

I was speechless to be told by Churchie boys that NC teachers approached them angrily when they ran onto the R.O. field just to congratulate with all due and normal glee their team for beating the NC 1sts. They were instructed to immediately leave the field as they were not permitted to be there.

What on earth could be the intelligent, sensibly-minded justification of this PC killjoy nonsense in the face of something fun and positive that damages nor risks nothing? Fine if we'd had massive rains and the field was at risk of becoming impossibly chopped up, but this was in no way a factor. So what was?

Worse was to come when in Churchie's own next home match, apparently, in part due to a NC compliant, 'a new GPS rule' had to be enforced by Churchie teachers and prefects that (a) the cheer-on tunnel was not to encroach upon the field (and thus had to be < 50% of its usual, historical size) and further (b) the boys were not to run onto the field after the game but rather our team was to approach the boys' stand and celebrations were solely to be held there, off the field (needless to say this did not work and the the celebrations soon leaked back on field).

I mean really, what kind of Australian world is this when happy boys who love their team and the sport they enjoy cannot be permitted the extraordinary, censurable indulgence of running onto the rugby field (that btw their parents spend a fortune to maintain to standards almost beating Suncorp's) and ringing their players in camaraderie and innocent, totally harmless exuberance?

Might have something to do with celebrating a win over Nudgee - they don't like it. Next thing you know we will be getting charged $15 for a coke and have an overweight person in a High Vis Vest telling us we can't stand near a bar.

You rant yourself into stupor RH - I'm right there with you!!

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
NC 14a (2014) dominated last years 14's in the same fashion. Players were very good, but I put it down to the coaching that made them excel. Same kids now in 15a's different coach, different results. Individually the boys are excellent players, but the coach hasn't been able to gel them as well as the coach did last year.

Yup, a good coach can make the difference, this is very true.

I notice this years 14s from NC aren't performing too great, although when they win they seem to win big. Same coach? If so, it's fair to say you need the catttle and the coach to come out on top.

I never saw the NC 14s from last year, but I saw them in a trial against GT this year. Being honest, I came away asking myself why they were so highly rated. That doesn't necesserily mean they were poorly coached this year, I mean it's every bit as reasonable to say GT just got better, or more physical as is usually the case jumping from 14 - 15.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Don
Hang on there, what about our front row in 14's surely you must be aware that GT have one of the top props in Qld..and is a key part of the success.
I'm keen to hear who comes close to this front row in 14's ?

Yep spot on very good front row - they are a very good Team which is why I was expecting that result on the weekend- I was just making special note of the work-rate at the breakdown that ran BBC off the field on the weekend

I also think that top prop would be the first to admit he is currently short on match fitness and has missed a lot game time this season.

The three players from the U14 City (1, 7, 12) team are all at the pinnacle of their positions no doubt, however it is the way the TEAM has gelled this season that has made the difference - the coach needs a lot of credit.

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)

I thought it was pretty obvious - hundreds of kids storming a field on fultime before both teams even have a chance to shake hands = a recipe for disaster. As a losing player, the last thing you want is the opposition's fans in your face rubbing it in, which is exactly what hapenned on Ross. This is not a new rule, Churchie just chose to ignore it when they won. Boys need to learn how to win and lose with dignity. The first thing you do when the fultime whistle has blown is shake your opponent's hand, not turn your back on them and celebrate in their face.

And complaining that you can't bring your Dog to a rugby game?? Seriously... is that the kind you keep in your handbag?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
behindthescenes: I thought it was pretty obvious - hundreds of kids storming a field on fultime before both teams even have a chance to shake hands = a recipe for disaster. As a losing player, the last thing you want is the opposition's fans in your face rubbing it in, which is exactly what hapenned on Ross. This is not a new rule, Churchie just chose to ignore it when they won. Boys need to learn how to win and lose with dignity. The first thing you do when the fultime whistle has blown is shake your opponent's hand, not turn your back on them and celebrate in their face.

And complaining that you can't bring your Dog to a rugby game?? Seriously. is that the kind you keep in your handbag?

1. You can't be serious surely? On the day I saw at least some NC and ACGS players having a handshake and an embrace just before the Churchie boys ran on.

2. "A recipe for disaster" - are you CEO for NC's insurance company? What kind of disaster could befall these boys on a flat, dry surface prey tell?

3. It's balderdash that the Churchie boys were 'rubbing your face it it". They were pure and simple just celebrating a good victory by their team, end of. I saw not one incident within coo-ee of Churchie boys belittling NC players or boys. Even so, surely NC are tough enough for a bit of a ribbing should such an appalling, shocking event as you allege occur.

4. I very vividly recall NC boys running immediately onto Main Oval at Churchie in years gone by when NC beat Churchie there - the 'new' NC home rule reeks of hypocrisy as and when it does not apply to NC boys when away. Btw: no one had any problem at Churchie with them doing that, it was all in a good spirit. NC deserved to celebrate.

5. 'Boys need to learn how to win and lose with dignity'. I saw no 'undignified' conduct by either NC or Churchie players or boys that day. For goodness sakes, this is a schoolboy sport with war cries, chanting, cheering, strong spirit, let's enjoy it for what it is and not elevate it to some kind of solemn, serious place where fun and celebration are somehow 'undignified'. Sounds more like the dining halls of Eton in 1956.

6. Do I detect just a scintilla of '....NC simply doesn't like to lose, and lose big, on R.O. and even worse is losing with reminders from the how-dare-you victors...'? sentiment in all this?

7. You need to please read the blog a touch more carefully - the point re dogs and grounds etc was made by lion above, not me. And I NEVER bring my handbag to GPS games.

ACT

Stan Wickham (3)
Yup, a good coach can make the difference, this is very true.

I notice this years 14s from NC aren't performing too great, although when they win they seem to win big. Same coach? If so, it's fair to say you need the catttle and the coach to come out on top.

I never saw the NC 14s from last year, but I saw them in a trial against GT this year. Being honest, I came away asking myself why they were so highly rated. That doesn't necesserily mean they were poorly coached this year, I mean it's every bit as reasonable to say GT just got better, or more physical as is usually the case jumping from 14 - 15.

Agree - the class of the cattle counts, but if you can't whip them into shape you end up with a bunch of individuals.

NC 15a's have also had a crazy year with injuries this, with most of which being caused off the field! During their pre-season match against BSHS they were throwing them around like rag dolls, weekend gone, the tables had turned (BSHS hardest game this year!)......cant really put my finger on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.