• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Australia v Fiji - 23 September 16:45, Millenium Stadium(24 September 1:45 AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
doesn't matter HOW, surely being the first to win RWC three times would qualify as the greatest
Yes, but doing it with Panache is worth a triple word score with "p" on the triple letter.

More Blanco, less Amigo.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Yes, but doing it with Panache is worth a triple word score with "p" on the triple letter.

More Blanco, less Amigo.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

fair enough..as long as it does not end up as oops on the triple word

Reactions: Tex

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Palu is out for this game. Not expected to be for any longer. Hamstring.

Not a big issue, would've thought we'd be using Pooper for Fiji to give it a workout before England.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Having a look at the photos from the Wallabies ND training camp and the comments by Bernie Larkham, I'm expecting our 'Best XV' for the Fiji game to look like:
  1. Sio
  2. Moore
  3. Kepu
  4. Simmons
  5. Douglas
  6. Fardy
  7. Hooper
  8. Pocock
  9. Phipps
  10. Foley
  11. Mitchell
  12. Giteau
  13. Kuridrani
  14. Ashley-Cooper
  15. Folau
Slipper, TPN, Genia, Holmes all bench locks. Then it comes down to To'omua, Beale, Cooper for the 1 of 1 or 2 backs on the bench and skelton/mumm for the second row and mccalman or palu for the loose cover.

Yeah the Orange shirts look to be the 1sts team. The footage and pictures I saw had Horne in orange and Mitchell in yellow unfortunately.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Assume the roof is closed at Millennium for this game? In London at the moment it's freezing and pissing down - Cardiff forecast is 17C and rain on the day.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah the Orange shirts look to be the 1sts team. The footage and pictures I saw had Horne in orange and Mitchell in yellow unfortunately.
I thought that also. I'm reluctant to call it 'unfortunate' though!

I also just saw a shot from the England camp that has Toby smith training with the 1sts. So I reckon Slipper will be rested completely, and at some point smith will come on and sio will go to hooker, to give both some contingency plan game time. TPN will be on the bench but might not be used unless necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I thought that also. I'm reluctant to call it 'unfortunate' though!

I also just saw a shot from the England camp that has Toby smith training with the 1sts. So I reckon Slipper will be rested completely, and at some point smith will come on and sio will go to hooker, to give both some contingency plan game time. TPN will be on the bench but might not be used unless necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, if Horne plays to his Supe form then that's no loss at all.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I also saw some shots with Cooper in the orange PM vest, others with Foley there. There is a lot of pro QC (Quade Cooper) stuff happening on social media, a fair bit generated by the ARU, I think Quade might be starting..

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Fiji by 6.

/troll

Australia by 66.

I think Fiji's recent results makes them a bit better than that.

06 Sep 2015 Canada 18 - 47 Fiji
21 Nov 2014 Fiji 20 - 14 United States
15 Nov 2014 Wales 17 - 13 Fiji
08 Nov 2014 France 40 - 15 Fiji
28 Jun 2014 Fiji 108 - 6 Cook Islands
07 Jun 2014 Fiji 25 - 14 Italy

Wales will be bricking it.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Fiji's recent results makes them a bit better than that.

06 Sep 2015 Canada 18 - 47 Fiji
21 Nov 2014 Fiji 20 - 14 United States
15 Nov 2014 Wales 17 - 13 Fiji
08 Nov 2014 France 40 - 15 Fiji
28 Jun 2014 Fiji 108 - 6 Cook Islands
07 Jun 2014 Fiji 25 - 14 Italy

Wales will be bricking it.

That's not too bad actually. Australia by 30 then.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fiji's Pacific Nations Cup results:

Beat Tonga 30-22
Drew with Samoa 30-30
Beat Japan 27-22
Beat Samoa 39-29 (GF)

Great attack, leaky defence. Aus by 30+ because you're better both in attack & defence than anyone on that or @Groucho's list with the possible exception of Welsh D.

Agree with @Groucho, tho, in that if Fiji's gonna cause an upset it'll be v Wales.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Fiji's Pacific Nations Cup results:

Beat Tonga 30-22
Drew with Samoa 30-30
Beat Japan 27-22
Beat Samoa 39-29 (GF)

Great attack, leaky defence. Aus by 30+ because you're better both in attack & defence than anyone on that or @Groucho's list with the possible exception of Welsh D.

Agree with @Groucho, tho, in that if Fiji's gonna cause an upset it'll be v Wales.

Like 1999, IIRC. Back then it wasn't as much of an upset as it would be today, though, but Wales had Neil Jenkins.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the Wallabies can play at the TRC 2015's level, they have a BIG opportunity in this WC. The only real threat are the ABs, and if the Wobs win all their matches only in a grand final could face them.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Mainstream websites are running with 'The Pooper'!

Wallabies wrestle with Pocock-Hooper combo
Joe Barton: September 19, 2015, 5:03 pm​
The Wallabies have a Pooper problem, but fortunately it's not a return of Suzie the lunch lady.​
Suzie was the infamous and almost certainly imaginary figure who supposedly scuppered the All Blacks' title chances by poisoning their food and giving Kiwi players the runs on the eve of the 1995 World Cup final loss to South Africa.​
But "Pooper" could be the key to the Wallabies' chances at a record third title.​
It is the moniker given to the combination of world-class No.7s David Pocock and Michael Hooper - who coach Michael Cheika is expected to call on as two-thirds of his back-row when Australia open their tournament against Fiji on Wednesday (Thursday AEST).​
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.