• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Australia v Fiji - 23 September 16:45, Millenium Stadium(24 September 1:45 AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
The mail I have received has Genia starting at halfback and the rest of the 23 pretty much what has been floated around here in relation to the "bib theory"

Red-L

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well at least Genia gets to start... would of liked Cooper & To'omua to start aswell but can't complain. Its a good looking team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No surprises at all.

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
14. Horne
15. Folau

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Holmes
19. Skelton
20. Mumm
21. Phipps
22. To'omua
23. Beale

So for Uruguay, with no injuries for this match we should be looking at..

1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. Holmes
4. Mumm
5. Skelton
6. McCalman
7. McMahon
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. To'omua
13. Speight
14. Tomane
15. Beale

16. Moore
17. Sio
18. Smith
19. Douglas/Simmons
20. Hooper
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm going to support the wallabies no matter what, and i really hope he plays well, but i don't understand Foleys selection. Foley has now played over 20 tests, and not 1 of them have been great, at his best he is a Solid distributor with a good running and support game, at his worst he is borderline useless and fails to have any control over the backline, which is his job, and often very error ridden. Quade has been equally average this year but with alot less game time, most of it out of position, and with a much bigger upside.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nah, it's a quality backline. The wingers are a bit slow but they're both excellent finishers. Great bench to come on and up the ante.

not doubting the quality or the ability to make and use space or defend, but there are no outright speedsters are there ?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Pool results so far mean that not only do we have to win against Fiji but we have to score four tries. Otherwise we fall behind in a pool where we cannot afford to do so.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Pool results so far mean that not only do we have to win against Fiji but we have to score four tries. Otherwise we fall behind in a pool where we cannot afford to do so.

You won't have any troubles there. I'd say it's more about how many you concede. Points difference is what it may come down to.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
You won't have any troubles there. I'd say it's more about how many you concede. Points difference is what it may come down to.

Meh. This is a very strong team defensively. Fiji will have a much harder task getting past us than they did against England.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
There's no surprises but I like it!

I was surprised by Larkham and Cheika mixing up the halfback combinations. Genia was way out of form this year, but by all accounts he's made a return to form on the training field, which is excellent news. He's by far our best halfback when at his best. It's a shame that Quade hasn't broken through as well.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm glad there are 4 pool games, 'cause this just doesn't totally grab me as our best side.
At least with 4 games we can get an appreciation of what is our best side for the finals (assuming....). And even then, being a tournament, changes will be needed to maintain the fitness.
All 31 players will get opportunities to display their goods, and I hope the coaching staff are good for changing players around.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I was surprised by Larkham and Cheika mixing up the halfback combinations. Genia was way out of form this year, but by all accounts he's made a return to form on the training field, which is excellent news. He's by far our best halfback when at his best. It's a shame that Quade hasn't broken through as well.

OK yes that was probably a small surprise but if not for his injury I'm sure he would have started in Bled 2. The 9/10/12 were no doubt the most mystifying final selections but all could have gone any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.