• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Same question for Mitch Inman, as he's played for both Clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
"There were mixed feelings given the season we have had but this is a great opportunity to take on more leadership and ownership at the club and facilitate some change."
Central to that change will be a review of the whole rugby program including the coaching, players, performance and the team's abysmal record of injuries the past two seasons.
Stephenson said the Rebels have signed about 80 per cent of their playing list for 2018 although some key positions were still to be filled.
After going 1-1-11 [win-draw-loss] this season with two games to go, there will be changes but Stephenson isn't ready to confirm where that change will occur.
​"We will be putting the microscope on all areas of the rugby program," Stephenson said. "Our performance this year can be described as unsatisfactory.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-unio...sh-on-super-rugby-future-20170607-gwmcmu.html

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i'm hoping its the top 80% not the 25 injured non players on the roster, and only 4/5 of the coahes

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)

So with due respect to our Force friends I wonder wether this 80% number includes the at least six Force players including DHP who I have had confirmed from inside the Rebels have signed letters of intent to play for the Rebs should the Force be cut
My understanding is they are all key position starting players . Given the mediation date now set between the Force and ARU is still some time off the Rebs are either very confident of that result or are taking a pretty big risk of putting their recruitment for next year further behind the eight ball

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
After reading the feedback in the so called Force vs ARU arbitration and the softer stance by Sindeberry over the last few days, I'm feeling that sadly the Force is done. I also think that Cox and co have been cherry picking their list...given the Coleman rumours. I would if I was him. My prediction for 2018 in terms of Rebels. Many Force players joining the Rebels in a deal done by the ARU that allows Cox to have bigger squad numbers if he takes on at no cost quite a few Force boys (mediation will endure this)Look for Meeks, Rouna, Penne, Louhrens, Ruru, DHP in the backs and in the forwards Cowan, TTPN, Coleman, RHP, Hardwick, Faulkner and potentially even Matt H. I'd suggest that JD moving to Japan may open the door for Lance but he may want to go home to the Reds. Finally good by TT and welcome to new head coach Wessels ably supported by Laurie Fisher.

Please tell me I'm not dreaming...

L

Leo86

After reading the feedback in the so called Force vs ARU arbitration and the softer stance by Sindeberry over the last few days, I'm feeling that sadly the Force is done. I also think that Cox and co have been cherry picking their list.given the Coleman rumours. I would if I was him. My prediction for 2018 in terms of Rebels. Many Force players joining the Rebels in a deal done by the ARU that allows Cox to have bigger squad numbers if he takes on at no cost quite a few Force boys (mediation will endure this)Look for Meeks, Rouna, Penne, Louhrens, Ruru, DHP in the backs and in the forwards Cowan, TTPN, Coleman, RHP, Hardwick, Faulkner and potentially even Matt H. I'd suggest that JD moving to Japan may open the door for Lance but he may want to go home to the Reds. Finally good by TT and welcome to new head coach Wessels ably supported by Laurie Fisher.

Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

May as well be called the force in that dream

B

BLR

After reading the feedback in the so called Force vs ARU arbitration and the softer stance by Sindeberry over the last few days, I'm feeling that sadly the Force is done.

Sinderberry never had a stance to soften so you are wrong.

As it stands the ARU now have until July 31 to get together an offer to buy out Cox.

RugbyWA's legal position hasn't changed, your owners can.

B

BLR

Are they going to have a sausage sizzle to raise more money?

Well Cox can either take a buy out now for some money or face no Super Rugby at all after 2020 and have a worthless license.

Take your pick. Super Rugby is becoming a worse investment by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.