• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
This is the best site to play around with hypotheticals:

https://rawling.github.io/WR (World Rugby)-calc/

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He, he. A 1 point win would be hysterical, if only to see how much it would piss Eddie off. Sooner or later, England will actually need to test themselves against the All Blacks. It seems ludicrous to me that they haven't.

Reactions: dru

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It is amazing. And from a marketing perspective you would think right now is the time. Ranked 1 & 2 in the World. Extended periods of success. England at home.

If Australia were to win than it won’t really change things too much, but if England lose another couple before they play NZ then I think it’ll be an opportunity lost.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
He, he. A 1 point win would be hysterical, if only to see how much it would piss Eddie off. Sooner or later, England will actually need to test themselves against the All Blacks. It seems ludicrous to me that they haven't.
The Allblacks have been deliberately boycotting them. They want more money for playing them in London.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TSR

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Allblacks have been deliberately boycotting them. They want more money for playing them in London.

Ah. Still, it's bizarre that 1 and 2 in the world have not played for such a period of time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Is that actually true? If it is I love it. But I sense a stretched point. Others have said that Engalnd is carefully managing their opposition - think Oom or Paarl said it as a reason that the Saffers miss them.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Is that actually true? If it is I love it. But I sense a stretched point. Others have said that Engalnd is carefully managing their opposition - think Oom or Paarl said it as a reason that the Saffers miss them.
"NZ Rugby boss Steve Tew is involved in a particularly high stakes game of financial poker with Ritchie.

Tew wants Ritchie to pay when the All Blacks play at Twickenham inside the World Rugby test window. Ritchie is refusing, with an implication that the RFU's financial might is such that they don't to bargain with anyone.

I suspect Tew will record a win, or at least a win Ritchie can live with too.

APPETITE

The central point is this: despite Ritchie's bluster, the appetite among the rugby-loving public in England for a schedule that does not involve the All Blacks is zero. It does not exist."
http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/87983989/england-will-pay-the-all-blacks-to-play

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
To be fair to them the RFU are basically the root of all rugby evil.

Nah NZRU and Tew can also play their own self interest very well....so in many ways NZRU not use to having bigger rugby power (Financially and status like RFU) stand up to their bully boy tactics Tew is a first rate....(word deleted).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Australia have been around the world a coupla times the last eight weeks while the Poms have had their feet up in Blighty. The Wallabies win over Wales looked slightly more competent than the Poms over Argentina but, it was the Soap Dodgers first hitout since, what, the 6 Nations? Anyways, Cheika and the brains trust have a bit of fine-tuning to do with this team, especially in the back row and centres. My team:

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Simmons (last chance to pull your finger out, Rob, and I don't mean on the penalty score sheet!)
5. Coleman
6. McMahon
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Hunt
13. Kuridrani
14. Hodge
15. Beale
16. Mooore
17. Ala'alatoa
18. Robertson
19. Philip
20. Hanigan
21. Phipps
22. Kerevi
23. Meakes

The scrums are one area we absolutely must get right during training this week. And, if we give away penalties like we did against Wales we'll get slaughtered. Something else to fix up on the training paddock.

Absolutely no way would have Meakes and Kerevi on the bench together - try again with at least one player who can play wing.....

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Doubt Meakes has any real prospects of game time, unless he gets on the bench v Scotland.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Nah NZRU and Tew can also play their own self interest very well..so in many ways NZRU not use to having bigger rugby power (Financially and status like RFU) stand up to their bully boy tactics Tew is a first rate..(word deleted).

I agree with that, although on this one I'm backing NZR.

Overall, I'd still like to see Tew put back in his little box. Some things would have to change to make it happen, but it's possible.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hunt has to play 12 as Koroibete hasn't been in the game since Kerevi went to 12.

Hunt has to start. If he starts at 12, that's okay with me, ditto if he has 15 on his back, and Beale has 12 on his, that's okay too, as long as their defensive formations work. Hunt has to be at 12 in defense.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
pretty pumped for this one.

I get a horrible feeling there is some squad members that are about to get seriously exposed.

I actually thought Hanigan played pretty well last week, but ffs the guy is no world beater. Still can't work out why Fardy is so far out of favour. I'd actually pick McCalman ahead of him, but Cheika will go with Hanigan.

How Simmons is still in the starting line-up is mind-blowing. He doesn't even run the line-outs anymore from what I can gather. I realise he's the best of a bad bunch but fuck. If Tui played last week I'd start him. We need the arnolds back in the frame. And somebody tell Kane Douglas to get his shit together.

I don't want Kerevi starting. I'd actually like to see Hodge at inside centre and spieght coming on to the wing with Hunt on the bench, but I'd be ok with Hunt at inside too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Nah NZRU and Tew can also play their own self interest very well..so in many ways NZRU not use to having bigger rugby power (Financially and status like RFU) stand up to their bully boy tactics Tew is a first rate..(word deleted).

Yep, I wonder if we talking about self interest, has anyone seen any sign that England are interested in going to NZ to play? No?? Perhaps there no pay off for England? Wonder if everyone might just being pretty selective about who is and who isn't boycotting any contests or who is being a .....?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep, I wonder if we talking about self interest, has anyone seen any sign that England are interested in going to NZ to play? No?? Perhaps there no pay off for England? Wonder if everyone might just being pretty selective about who is and who isn't boycotting any contests or who is being a ...?

They went in 2014. Australia 2016, South Africa 2018. I'd assume they'll be back for a three test series in 2020.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They went in 2014. Australia 2016, South Africa 2018. I'd assume they'll be back for a three test series in 2020.

Yep and ABs were in England in 2014 just after Poms were in NZ and are due there next year, I not really suggesting they are boycotting ABs BH, just pointing out that ABs are no more boycotting England than they are boycotting NZ, just because Ritchie thought it would be a good money spinner to have the ABs play an extra test at Twickenham doesn't seem to me the ABs are boycotting by saying no thanks. If it was really a battle between the 2 teams that Ritchie wanted why would he only want it at Twickenham??

Status
Not open for further replies.