• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep, I wonder if we talking about self interest, has anyone seen any sign that England are interested in going to NZ to play? No?? Perhaps there no pay off for England? Wonder if everyone might just being pretty selective about who is and who isn't boycotting any contests or who is being a ...?

Very fair point - RFU pretty big and financial juggernaut - You could well be right....

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
They toured in 2014. World cup 2015. Aus tour 2016. Lions tour 2017. Sa tour 2018. World cup 2019.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
They toured in 2014. World cup 2015. Aus tour 2016. Lions tour 2017. Sa tour 2018. World cup 2019.

Yeah, the schedule coming south is a bit tighter than going north, given there are several chances each year for a one-off Test at Twickenham, as opposed to a full tour. It seems to be mainly a sticking point over cash. Hopefully both parties can agree soon. Pity, as we really should have seen a 1/2 clash between these teams by now.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, the schedule coming south is a bit tighter than going north, given there are several chances each year for a one-off Test at Twickenham, as opposed to a full tour. It seems to be mainly a sticking point over cash. Hopefully both parties can agree soon. Pity, as we really should have seen a 1/2 clash between these teams by now.
Hopefully, after this weekend, that 1 v 2 clash will be Bled game 1 next year

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As we rub our hands in glee in anticipation of ranking points, if the unthinkable happens and the Wallabies lose, it puts the POMs another step closer to challenging for #1 spot.

Jones is not going to take that lightly. He has always done well in understanding what games are big games in his forward planning.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As we rub our hands in glee in anticipation of ranking points, if the unthinkable happens and the Wallabies lose, it puts the POMs another step closer to challenging for #1 spot.

Jones is not going to take that lightly. He has always done well in understanding what games are big games in his forward planning.

It's not unthinkable, it's likely, that England will win. But we live in hope. If they do, they move a little bit closer but until they play the ABs, they are not gonna get the #1 ranking, unless the ABs suddenly start losing a bunch of tests.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It's not unthinkable, it's likely, that England will win. But we live in hope. If they do, they move a little bit closer but until they play the ABs, they are not gonna get the #1 ranking, unless the ABs suddenly start losing a bunch of tests.

It's neither unthinkable and nor likely that the Soap Dodgers will give us a bath.

I reckon it is about even stevens.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
i sincerely hope Matt Phillips gets a guernsey for this test, and for many tests after this one. I look forward to years of reading his name being buggered up by lazy posters and journalists. Why only this week I read about a Matt "Phillip" in the SMH (the first time I read of a Matt Philips I'm going to christen him Light Globe!).

Young Matt's got some company in the mangled nomenclature club even in this team: there's Ned Hanigan, Nick Phibbs and Tevita Kurindrani. Past Wallabies who were in this crowd include Greg Cornelson, Owen Finnegan, Matt Rogers, Nick White, Chris Whittaker, Ben Robinson and Nick Styles. Throw in a few fringe players such as Cam Clarke, Laurie Weekes and Dan Parkes and we've almost got a team. A coach? It's gotta be either Steve Hanson, Brad Thorn or Rod McQueen. A manager? None other than John O'Neil. Surely this team'd have to train at TG Milner Field. Maybe Kieran Reed and Adam Thompson could provide some opposition. I'll get on to Peter Fitzsimmons to do an article.

The Moore Park clubs often play games against each other, but not in their respective codes. I'd suggest my MNC lot have a crack at cricket; Michael Clark, Stuart Clarke, Nathan Lyons and Kerry O'Keefe would be the obvious choices to help them with batting and bowling.

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
My starting XV for this weekend.

1. Harry
2. Kearns
3. Blades
4. Giffin
5. Eales ( c )
6. Finegan
7. Smith
8. Kefu
9. Gregan
10. Larkham
11. Roff
12. Horan
13. Herbert
14. Tune
15. Burke - Goal kicker

Game, set, match.

Ok. Realistically

1. Sio
2. Taf
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Tui
6. McMahon
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Hodge
12. Beale
13. Tevita
14. Koribete
15. Hunt.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
@TGFan

Switch 12 and 15 and start Simmons and I reckon that will be it. Its doubtful that Cheika will start Tui, as much as I would also like him to.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think everyone needs to get over what jersey Beale and Hunt wear. It won't make one iota of difference on where they stand or how they play.

Good luck with that Sully, I've been trying to make a similar point about all the backs for about 2 years. The only stable numbers in the current team are 9 & 13 and this is of course subject to change in the future. But prepare for incoming screams about people playing their numbered positions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sort of applies to the backrow too. The best 6 we've had is Dempsey and from his two stand out performances he seemed to basically play the same as Hooper and McMahon. Lots of cleaning out in attack and ball carrying.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think everyone needs to get over what jersey Beale and Hunt wear. It won't make one iota of difference on where they stand or how they play.

In terms of the game, yes. In terms of potential future jersey slots, particularly when Folau returns, Cheika is always saying something.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Status
Not open for further replies.