• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Why would he "seek a release": it is highly likely that they have breached his contract by telling him not to bother showing up any more. He certainly has the whip hand negotiating the terms on which the contract is terminated and I hope he doesn't waste it.

They only would have breached the contract if they didn't pay him

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Why would he "seek a release": it is highly likely that they have breached his contract by telling him not to bother showing up any more. He certainly has the whip hand negotiating the terms on which the contract is terminated and I hope he doesn't waste it.

Yeah, the exact wording of the discussion would be interesting, although we'll probably never know. Was he told "others are above you in the pecking order", or "go away". Does a squad position ensure any minimum selection? Of course, we're talking about a 70 Test player, not a newbie. On face value, it sounds like this will cost the QRU and by extension, RA, some coin.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah, the exact wording of the discussion would be interesting, although we'll probably never know. Was he told "others are above you in the pecking order", or "go away". Does a squad position ensure any minimum selection? Of course, we're talking about a 70 Test player, not a newbie. On face value, it sounds like this will cost the QRU and by extension, RA, some coin.

Hopefully QC (Quade Cooper) is not attending reds sessions because they told him not to - if it is because he has the sh1ts my advice is to get himself down there ASAP.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hopefully QC (Quade Cooper) is not attending reds sessions because they told him not to - if it is because he has the sh1ts my advice is to get himself down there ASAP.

Exactly. You'd think Thorn had some at least cursory legal advice before the discussion. I mean, you'd hope. I mean, it is the QRU who have some recent experience with contract termination and payouts.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have they got the phones on at Moore Park yet? I mean, it took me ages to get a line connected in my rooms last year. ;)

I can tell you the electricity is on: the lights go all night - they could probably fund a 3rd tier comp with the savings if they had movement sensors

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I’ve been told that Nick Jooste (fly half from brumbies, force and Australia 20s) has moved to Brisbane and has linked with Norths. I wonder if he will come into the fold with the reds now that Quade isn’t required or if this is why he has moved to Queensland
Pretty sure you mean from Spirit and Vikings. Never capped by Brumbies or signed by the Force and on bench behind Stewart in the 20s. I'd rather have player with QCs experience. Besides, I keep hearing there's no money to sign anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty sure you mean from Spirit and Vikings. Never capped by Brumbies or signed by the Force and on bench behind Stewart in the 20s. I'd rather have player with QCs experience. Besides, I keep hearing there's no money to sign anyone else

It doesn't matter if they capped him or not....... he was still a squad member for the Brumbies, so that part was originally correct.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
The more I think about this (apart from the irritation level rising) the more it seems to be a piss poor attempt to push out a loyal servant of the Reds and a big fan favourite... I hope he just hangs in there to prove them wrong, and that the few people that will go to the games all bring #bringbackquade signs.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Quade to league? Storm haven't replaced Cooper Cronk, Titans just lost Jarryd Hayne, I think Broncos, Manly and Cronulla all have room under the cap for a marquee signing

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If by "Frisby is understandable" you are talking about his performances, maybe. If it means he has been treated satisfactorily, then no.

Pickle had a twofold problem that probably led to his chop 1. On field performances in 2017: and 2. Attitude (encompasses lots of things including cultural ones) Still it is a terrible way to go, being told DCM and frankly deserved better.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

You never know, there might be a few bucks out there to "lure" an inside back to Ballymore

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
You never know, there might be a few bucks out there to "lure" an inside back to Ballymore
I don’t think there is enough value there to put money on you don’t have. The Reds spent three years developing the likes of Ngamanu and Riley and cut them loose, wasted, IMO, money on Maranta’s two year deal and were not interested in Kuridrani. Why would they take on Jooste?

Status
Not open for further replies.