• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5, Waratahs vs Rebels - Sunday 18 March @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
WARATAHS (15-1): Bryce Hegarty, Curtis Rona, Lalakai Foketi, Kurtley Beale, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Mitch Short, Jed Holloway, Michael Hooper (c), Michael Wells, Rob Simmons, Ned Hanigan, Sekope Kepu, Damien Fitzpatrick, Tom Robertson

Reserves: Hugh Roach, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Paddy Ryan, Tom Staniforth, Will Miller, Mick Snowden, Alex Newsome, Taqele Naiyaravoro
Happy to see Mick Snowden get a game. I hope he gets a run.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Can we clarify something? Braveheart has Staniforth and Palmer on the bench, Fatprop has Staniforth and Miller. Who's right?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Foley is going to kick it to him when he's within a sniff of the line and faced with little Jack Maddocks' head to jump on

No, Foley is going to try it about the 40m line when his forwards have moved backwards 5m after 10 phases.

Reactions: Tex

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sure looks like the plan. I would have had RHP and Colby starting, with Timani and Hardwick to finish.

By gee, Parling is getting a nice all expenses paid holiday in Australia. Can't even make the bench.

He was also signed 48-72 hrs before the infamous 48-72 hrs last season.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
thought Wessels concern for the tired Tahs after their round the world trip was genius - how to get into players psyche 101

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Palmer has been playing well and gets dropped or is he injured?

Folau on the wing? Leave him at 15.

Cheika is probably shaking his head at the Tahs trying to work out what the hell happened since he left.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Palmer has been playing well and gets dropped or is he injured?

Folau on the wing? Leave him at 15.

Cheika is probably shaking his head at the Tahs trying to work out what the hell happened since he left.
The number one lock is returning from injury.

Hegarty has looked better off the bench than either Kellaway or Newsome starting on the wing so I don't mind him coming into the starting XV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Wessels force spanked tahs last time our. Wessels improves rebel force to destroy them. Rebels by 50.
Reactivated betting account partly for this game, so hope I’m right

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If the Folau/Hegarty combination works and Folau remains on the wing for future games is he then considered on the wing for the Wallabies or do we assume Cheika will just stick to combinations he likes?

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
If the Folau/Hegarty combination works and Folau remains on the wing for future games is he then considered on the wing for the Wallabies or do we assume Cheika will just stick to combinations he likes?

Cheika will leave him at fullback. Same thing happened when Gibson tried Folau at 13.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
The number one lock is returning from injury.

Hegarty has looked better off the bench than either Kellaway or Newsome starting on the wing so I don't mind him coming into the starting XV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still should leave the best attacking player at 15. Wasn't Hegarty being looked at as a winger to drop back last year? I would have kept Palmer for impact. Don't need 2 wingers on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.