• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We looked to be exposed in lacking a second playmaker. It is not going to get any easier for Cooper with every backrower in the comp that will be gunning for him. I don't know about dropping Chambers after one bad game but it is an option. Digby to ouside centre, Hynes onto that wing and Lucas to full back. The other option is to play Quade a bit wider occaisionally at second reciever to give him a bit more time and space.

Waugh is going to be licking his lips after yesterday if we don't reinvent the wheel a bit this week.

The Reds need to use the pick and drive more and when they did they looked better.

The Brumbies had Valentine at first receiver a couple of time on the weekend, Genia could do the same

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the Force picked the perfect team to upset the Reds. 4 Wallaby backrowers 2 of the 4 are the best fetchers in the nation & in hot humid conditions where it's fair to say that having the ball was fools gold.

This was a very good win for the Reds & as much as it was a terrible game for so many reasons they still come out on top.

Will chambers just had one of those days you wouldn't go writing him off to the scrapheap on 1 game.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Will chambers just had one of those days you wouldn't go writing him off to the scrapheap on 1 game.

Agree with that. He seemed a little indifferent to the errors he made so maybe a reaming from Link during the week might be what he needs to fire this weekend?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Does anyone else think sheps try should have been given. It was very touch and go but there was a chance he got the ball on the line. in the lions bulls game the tv bloke couldn't see anything and they awarded it.

Go the force!!!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Does anyone else think sheps try should have been given. It was very touch and go but there was a chance he got the ball on the line. in the lions bulls game the tv bloke couldn't see anything and they awarded it.

Go the force!!!!

It looked to me that Shep was short when he grounded the ball. I think the TMO's message was basically "I couldn't see it grounded, your call". Then the ref decided that he was probably held up.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Hard to say anything positive about Qld. Scrums were shit, lineout shit, defence par, attack disjointed, ponderous pigs in the loose and the tight. We lost all the dynanism we had at the ruck from last year. Where we had pigs screaming for the pill, running at the line at speed, we had lazy bastards standing still and falling over at the first hint of a tackle.

Burgled the win. Chambers had a complete Barry. I'm convinced of his quality perhaps sticking Digby @ 13 and A.N. Other in his wing spot may be the encouragement he needs.

Hynes looked slow and out of touch.

Ref was woeful.

Where's Steve Walsh - is he on the ref list this year?

As for the farce, they showed endeavour, eagerness, but nothing else apart from slowing the pill and playing the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.