• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 S15 Semi Stormers vs Saders @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
i can't see the point of the Crusaders going back to NZ. They will camp in Australia somewhere.

M

Moono75

Saders would have to go straight to Brisbane wouldn't they. No point heading back to NZ unless the team is collecting frequent flyer points. Should have enough by now for Air New Zealand to gift them a 747.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only Ellis injured right? If I was a Reds fan I would be shivering, I wrote them off but this Crusaders team is on a mission.

M

Moono75

Look forward to the final next week. 5.30pm Perth time....love it. Cold beers and lets see if the Reds can get up for the win.

C

chriscullen

Crusaders flying to Brisbane for the week, leaving SA today

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No disrespect meant to the Crusaders but I couldn't believe how poor the Stormers were. They completely lost thier rudder when they lost Burger. Crusaders did what they needed to do to win the game though.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Awesome display by the Crusaders. The Stormers scrum got owned. I fear for the Reds next week.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sadly seems like the Stormers choked once again. The selection of Jantjes at the back and de Jongh on the bench cost them.

Canlt help but think they would have been more potent with Duvenhage at 9. The Stormers halves never played together.

Koster at 8 was in the end just not up to it. The Stormers lost so much without Vermeulen.

Elstad on the side of the scrum and Schalk at 8 would have been so much better.

Bad selection decisions and naive tactics but good luck to the Reds. This Crusaders side is on a mission and have a point to prove in Brisbane.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well deserved win by the Saders. They dominate every play from 1st phase to 20th. Vermeulen loss was huge. His kind is what the Bokke need. The only positive is that the Bokke have more time to prepare and I dont have to experience another final heart break. Reds the favourate.

M

Mainlander

Right now Kaino and Mealamu are the only ones who could get into this side, not fair.
Kaino was poor in the reds/Blues game and although I rate Mealamu hugly I think part of why the Sadders work is the team bond/mateship between the players.
Tana in his book said that the Sadders player were always in each others company and always tended to hang out together even when part of the ABs.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The Stormers showed again the problem they have had all year. No attack. A briiliant defence but when they conceded a few points they became pannicked and fell apart. After the first unlucky (from a Stormers POV) they were never in the game.

A complete game from the Crusaders, I must say I was a bit surprised at how they were able to dominate the Stomers lineout. Fourie and De Villiers were wasted in that side with the tactics played.

Some alarm bells should be ringing amoung Bok supporters, the Lions, Cheetahs, Sharks and Stormers scrums have all been destroyed at various stages this year, while the Bulls have been solid without dominating their opponents.

Joubert did a good job with one issue. The Crusaders are still getting away with blue murder at the breakdown. They have players creeping around the sides of the ruck to slow the opposition ball, they have the first tackler stand up or roll away just far enough to impede arriving opponents to give that half second for their counter ruck or pilfer to get going.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The Stormers showed again the problem they have had all year. No attack. A briiliant defence but when they conceded a few points they became pannicked and fell apart. After the first unlucky (from a Stormers POV) they were never in the game.

A complete game from the Crusaders, I must say I was a bit surprised at how they were able to dominate the Stomers lineout. Fourie and De Villiers were wasted in that side with the tactics played.

Some alarm bells should be ringing amoung Bok supporters, the Lions, Cheetahs, Sharks and Stormers scrums have all been destroyed at various stages this year, while the Bulls have been solid without dominating their opponents.

Joubert did a good job with one issue. The Crusaders are still getting away with blue murder at the breakdown. They have players creeping around the sides of the ruck to slow the opposition ball, they have the first tackler stand up or roll away just far enough to impede arriving opponents to give that half second for their counter ruck or pilfer to get going.

The best attack all year was with Aplon at 15. Sadie on the wing. Juan de Jongh at 12.

Yet they insist on conservative selections.

The coaches need to shoulder the blame and at most Unions would be very lucky to keep their jobs.

For all the talk of Erasmus being the Messiah of Cape rugby as the director, he and Alistair Coetzee are too conservative.

Gnostic, SA scrumming has been poor for years now but we somehow get it together in important tests.

I am not really worried as long as they select the right cattle and not fuck around with Smit at prop. The players are there.

The Saders scrum has mullered all in sight.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
At least the Stormers young players look ready to push on. I am looking forward to this year CC to see life after 2011 WC.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Wow that was brutal. Even the most ardent Stormer supporters could not say anything less than complete domination.

Reactions: daz

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
According to my Malmesbury sourches Sadie maybe on his way to the Brutes. Know Slaptjis will do anything to poach him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The Reds have been doing the exact same thing all year...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
According to my Malmesbury sourches Sadie maybe on his way to the Brutes. Know Slaptjis will do anything to poach him.

Can you blame him?

He has a better chance of a start up North. You lot stick him on the wood. He would have played 13 for the Bulls in a wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.