• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owen

Chris McKivat (8)
That is a poor attitude in my opinion. You make it sound like it is politics and you want the other side to do poorly so your mob can get in.

There aren't two sides to this, there's one and it's our national side, the Wallabies.

Deans isn't going to be sacked because we lose to the All Blacks. Whether you think Deans should be the coach or not is irrelevant. He is the coach at the moment and one result isn't going to change that.

People aren't going to talk up a victory against the All Blacks because they are Deans supporters. They are going to do so because they're Wallabies supporters.

Yes, I'm in a dark place. Out of self preservation, I won't be investing any financial or emotional support to our side until he's gone.

My opinion is unchanged.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To me, that's pretty much as bad as wishing one player would break their leg so your favourite player can take their spot.

It benefits no one.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, I'm in a dark place. Out of self preservation, I won't be investing any financial or emotional support to our side until he's gone.

My opinion is unchanged.

I think the Wallabies could benefit from a new coach but to be fair to Deans our poor performances are not all his fault. We've lambasted Deans for his tactical and personal blunders at the WC and in NZ earlier this year, and rightfully so. I think most people would agree he's lucky to still have a job. But in the same vein we should also give him credit for a good (albeit unpolished) win over the Pumas in Roserio.

I'd find it refreshing to see a guy like Link take the reins but until that happens I'm ever hopeful that Deans will prove me wrong.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Deal done on regarding the AB jersey and AIG, launched today.

On the ITM cup, as I understand and this was reflected in the Annual Report, the NZRU gets revenue from the broadcaster for ITM (ie Sky Sports etc) then to assist the provinces the NZRU forks out cash.

But as I indicated this is just one of many earners for them to compensate for playing less tests.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is there a thread on the AIG sponsorship already - how do the Kiwis on here fell about having a logo on the front of the black jersey?

I reckon it looks dumb but is probably simple commercial reality these days.

Apparently the first game the ABs wear the jersey will be the Bled (and the 7s team will wear theirs on the Gold Coast)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't The Darkness have steinlager across the front their jumpers back in the naughties?

Selling their soul for commerical gain is nothing new to them.

Is there any high profile team or sportsperson that hasn't been forced sell space on their playing strip to meet costs?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Didn't The Darkness have steinlager across the front their jumpers back in the naughties?

Is there any high profile team or sportsperson that hasn't been forced sell space on their playing strip to meet costs?

Yes they did.

J

Jay

Yeah, on the jersey (where the Adidas logo is now) and on the shorts too.

I think none of the major US sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB & NHL) allow any sponsors on uniforms.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah, on the jersey (where the Adidas logo is now) and on the shorts too.

I think none of the major US sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB & NHL) allow any sponsors on uniforms.

Yep, that's correct. Their jerseys are all clean of corporate advertising.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The ADIDASAIGAB's even?

;) adidas aig abs

....... or the triple A's
aaa-nz.jpg

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
From what I heard Adidas agreed to pay more to keep AIG off it. Certainly off the front, maybe sleeve is still an option though.

Apparently Adidas has been really great and understanding about the NZRU's financial position.

Wow - I timed that well to be completely and immediately wrong.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
30 man squad for this test:

Mike Harris (Queensland Reds), Nick Cummins (Western Force), Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs), Dominic Shipperley (Queensland Reds), Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds), Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs), Ben Tapuai (Queensland Reds), Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds), Pat McCabe (Brumbies), Kurtley Beale (Melbourne Rebels), Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels), Brett Sheehan (Western Force), Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs), Radike Samo (Queensland Reds), Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds), Michael Hooper (Brumbies), Liam Gill (Queensland Reds), Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs), Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds), Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs), Nathan Sharpe (captain, Western Force), Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs), Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs), Paddy Ryan (NSW Waratahs), Ben Alexander (Brumbies), James Slipper (Queensland Reds), Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs), James Hanson (Queensland Reds), Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds), Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs).

Status
Not open for further replies.