• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship R5G1 Springbokke vs Wallabies @ the Bull Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Canty in again.

12 tries, 12 converstions. Makes it easy for the scoreboard bloke, and record keepers.

M

Moono75

If South Africa could play like that every week they would be very close to the All Blacks. The Wallabies were shithouse, but aren't we always? I was impressed by the Boks.

We are a shambles, Hooper and maybe Beale are the only players who can hold their head up after that one.

Agree. Hooper is looking better and better in the 7 jersey. I think I am starting to prefer over Pocock. Hooper is quick around the field and offers a bit more in attack.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If South Africa could play like that every week they would be very close to the All Blacks. The Wallabies were shithouse, but aren't we always? I was impressed by the Boks.

We are a shambles, Hooper and maybe Beale are the only players who can hold their head up after that one.

Let me publicly acknowledge that the Bokke got their mojo back last night and thoroughly deserved their win.

Fellow Wobs supporters should be thankful for several unfortunate calls that didn't go Bokke way and some uncharacteristic inaccurate place kicking, otherwise they could have approached 50 points.

The Bokke forward dominance was as pleasureable to watch as our capitulation in the collision contest was unpleasant.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the main difference between our injury toll and the other nations comes down to fitness. Our guys just are fit enough compared to the opposition, and not being fit enough leads to injuries.
This lack of comparitive fitness stems from S15 and a national approach to strength and conditioning for all S15 franchises is the way forward. The qualifier, is that it should be a joint effort designed in consultation with all S15 franchises and the Wallabies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Agree. Hooper is looking better and better in the 7 jersey. I think I am starting to prefer over Pocock. Hooper is quick around the field and offers a bit more in attack.

Haha, bitter Western Force fan? (joking)

Seriously though there's a massive case for Hooper and Pocock to be the first choice Wallaby flankers in tandem, PROVIDING there's a line-out jumping Number 8 starting.

So if Higgers, Dennis, or even Mowan start at 8 for the Wallabies we could easily play both these blokes and lose little. It would allow Hooper it play a touch wider too, where I imagine he'd be more effective.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Finally some genuine competition for a Wobs jumper.

Any thoughts on Bam Bam playing in #6 when he comes back. May need a beanpole #8 to give us lineout options.

Edit: As I type en_force_er beats me to it. I concur with what he said.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Was thinking last night that a Pocock/Hooper tandem could be an option to look at. Obviously that means Palu can't play 8. If Higgers can find his form again he is the ideal jumping backrower.

Time for a Pocock vs Hooper thread?

Hooper has grown an extra limb since making his debut, because at Super Rugby level he was only just above Gill and well below Pocock. Fair to say he is close to overtaking Pocock now.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just for the record - no excuses here. The boys were brave but got owned. Just genuinely puzzled by a ruling that I have never seen at any level before and can't find in the book.

True, they should have tried to let Alexander on the pitch, not Fainga'a. I suppose it got confusing because I think they were trying to sub Robinson for him at the same time this was going on.

No doubt the teams and refs will get this clarified between them during the week.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just watching it now - is there any defence for replacing Higginbotham with Harris (apart from the fact that both their surnames start with "H")? Had we just plain run out of players?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Just watching it now - is there any defence for replacing Higginbotham with Harris (apart from the fact that both their surnames start with "H")? Had we just plain run out of players?

I think we ran out of players, I'm not sure we had a standby forward that offered us any needed cover.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
With timani out aswell we had no loose forwards left only paddy and hanson. Probly a good thing harris was there as back cover all we would have been more stuffed

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We probably would have fared better if we tried to poison the opposition with our toxicity. The injuries were unfortunate but our game management is just pathetic. The interchange fark up was so amature it is beyond belief. In no way should injuries mask this. Replacing a prop uninjured after 30 minutes is a joke. If he can't last longer than that he has no right to be selected.

I hope AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is ok as that was ugly and no rugby fan likes to see that.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
. The injuries were unfortunate but our game management is just pathetic. The interchange fark up was so amature it is beyond belief.

I thought the same but after watching the press conference this morning I actually think the officials should take some respinsability for it as well. Apparantly the 4th official gave approval for the replacement, so it wasn't like he was sent out without approval.

Synicbast

Frank Row (1)
I really do feel sorry for the Wallaby supporters: a perfect storm of injuries, lack of match fitness and debiolitating distractions coupled with from an outsider's view, a completely dysfunctional internecine parochialism along state lines and imo a coach and some pivotal players who are not up top Test level, has meant that this is as bad as it could be...the upside is that since 1978, these troughs have been of short duration. I hope it gets better for you, because SH and world rugby needs a resurgent Wallaby team, if only to stop the NH bleating on about how wonderful they are.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
^this^

I don't think Deans has answers to the questions international rugby is asking but I don't think other coaches necessarily do either.

Sorry - I have to call bullshit on this one. Being physically dominated is caused by a lack of preparation. And who is responsible for preparation? The coach.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Deans & Egerton should offer to resign immediately.
It is clear they were oblivious to the 7 replacement rule but Jean De Villiers was well aware of it - he explained it to Sharpie when Roland was telling the 2 captains they were going to uncontested scrums.
Egerton argued the toss with Roland so there is no doubt they did not know the law.
If a player, in the heat of battle can work it out, how come our coaches cant when they are planning for a match? surely it Test Match Coaching 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.