• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well you have to understand that playing for the rebels is not just about the game, it is about the JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale brand.
thats my point. are they spending to much time going to functions and getting hair cuts and not enough on the field or in the gym.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If you want to get into theories like that, it's possible that being away from some of his support network in Sydney has not been good for Kurtley on the drinking and nutrition front. But that's pure speculation.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Functions are a apart of professional sports. Sponsors want access to the players. They are required to go to these things or the money will stop flowing.
Also they can't train all day. If you have them running drills or doing weights all day every day then they will burn out.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He does seem to be a bit out of shape. Like he was at the Tah's a few years back. Surely he would have realised that the thing that made him such a dangerous player was his speed and that is why he was such a hit at 15 when moved there. You can see from Austin's clip on the main page that he missed an opportunity as he was too deep, not fast enough to get to where he should be. I am a fan of Beale's but he needs to be in better shape and in turn I think he will find some form.

W

What2040

Really think it is just immaturity.

Look at the shit and pressure SBW has gone through but the bloke still is able to focus on his core skill - playing quality rugby. Hate using a KIWI as an example but there you go

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really think it is just immaturity.

Look at the shit and pressure SBW has gone through but the bloke still is able to focus on his core skill - playing quality rugby fighting overweight boxers for money. Hate using a KIWI as an example but there you go

FTFY

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Drew Mitchell@drew_mitchell
Its hard to get my head around but Im going to have to. Ive ruptured my tendon & I'll be going back under the knife with a LENGTHY layoff..

Fuck me poor guy.

Worst possible news. He was really starting to live up to the circa '05 hype and stamp himself as one of the better wingers in world rugby before the leg break, and it's been nothing but setbacks since.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Worst possible news. He was really starting to live up to the circa '05 hype and stamp himself as one of the better wingers in world rugby before the leg break, and it's been nothing but setbacks since.
It is a shocker for him and for Australian rugby. Wish him all the best and hope he is back on the paddock soon.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Without Drew Shipperly should come in. We need 2 good finishers on the wing.
Also, KB (Kurtley Beale) should play. He is not going to get fit on the sideline. If he is not going to play he should be out of the squad to play club footy and do fitness work.

9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.Barnes(for now)
13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14.Ships
15.Beale

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fuck ships of. Bring in the badger!!! Fuck yeah. the bloke is a stand out in a underperforming team. Would be even better running of some decent players.

Can't wait to read the responses. :)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Fuck ships of. Bring in the badger!!! Fuck yeah. the bloke is a stand out in a underperforming team. Would be even better running of some decent players.

Can't wait to read the responses. :)

As a stand out in an underperforming team does that make someone a class above and international standard or not as crap as those around him?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Also they can't train all day. If you have them running drills or doing weights all day every day then they will burn out.

I was chatting to some kiwi mates who said on kiwi radio Richie Mccaw spoke about the day of the first Bledisloe in Sydney. He was asked what he did during the day, he said something along the lines of they had the morning off, so he went to his room and watched tapes of Australia v wales in the hope of picking up some more tips on how Australia plays. He then met the team and was with them til gam time.Kurtley got his hair cut and went for lunch with JOC (James O'Connor).

It's not a crime, but when the guy that is on a ten year Bledisloe winning side worries about the game and does extra study, you can see why we havnt closed the gap.

M

Moono75

I was chatting to some kiwi mates who said on kiwi radio Richie Mccaw spoke about the day of the first Bledisloe in Sydney. He was asked what he did during the day, he said something along the lines of they had the morning off, so he went to his room and watched tapes of Australia v wales in the hope of picking up some more tips on how Australia plays. He then met the team and was with them til gam time.Kurtley got his hair cut and went for lunch with JOC (James O'Connor).

It's not a crime, but when the guy that is on a ten year Bledisloe winning side worries about the game and does extra study, you can see why we havnt closed the gap.
Agree 100%. The Wallabies are carrying guys with too many outside interests and who aren't prepared to make the sacrifices required to topple the AB's. I really doubt we are going to turn things around against the BOKS. There will be that many South Africans at Subiaco the Wallabies players won't have the mental toughness to get up. Hope I'm wrong and will be there cheering us on but at some point you have to relise things aren't working in there current format.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Few thoughts.

Taps in for Barnes.
Taps is the carbon-cut 12. He can't play 10, he can't play 13 despite being able to play both those positions. Make sense?

He has the striaght running game, that most agree Quade needs outside of him. However he is also creative, and has fantastic footwork. Good technical defender too. Unlike McCabe, BB, and others he has played 12 his whole life.

Berrick sucks. It's always the same. He goes well against weak opposition, but against top sides he gets too tense, puts his sook face on and boffs it. If he could just relax, he would probably be okay. But the world doesnt work on ifs, buts and maybes.

Horne? I dont know what to make of him. I was one of the blokes crowing about how he was the next Jason Little, but now he just seems like I dunno, the next James Holbeck? When he started at the Tahs he was smashing people in contact both with and without the ball. Ran great inside lines and generally out-thought his opposition player. When he was 19 playing against the Canes, Conrad Smith did some post-match commentary and basically said keep your eyeballs on that kid. What happened? I blame it, like most things on the Tahs. The ARU should make him go to a different franchise for the benefit of Australian rugby.

Agree with everything here. Would really like to see Taps go at Test level; I thing he has the game.

Would also like to see Chris Sautia play at higher level. He has all the physical attributes required and i think he is going to be fantastic.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Not always best to over think a game though. Wouldn't work for some blokes as they would 'play the game in their head' all day and lack energy when it came to kick off. McCaw is a different breed though.

W

What2040

Without Drew Shipperly should come in. We need 2 good finishers on the wing.
Also, KB (Kurtley Beale) should play. He is not going to get fit on the sideline. If he is not going to play he should be out of the squad to play club footy and do fitness work.

9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.Barnes(for now)
13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14.Ships
15.Beale

With respect JB, a bloke playing at Premier grade or above should not be gaining fitness playing, particularly for bloody Australia. That is a joke. Players need to take responsiblity for their own fitness and if Beale isn't prepared to hit the pavement, stop eating meat pies, drinking piss etc etc then piss him off UNTIL he gets fit - same applies to any player.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Not always best to over think a game though. Wouldn't work for some blokes as they would 'play the game in their head' all day and lack energy when it came to kick off. McCaw is a different breed though.

Not saying its right or wrong. Just saying that the guy on the winning team is using the 11th hour to get an edge. I believe at the 11th hour the wallabies are going through the motions. We lack energy now, like Qld being shown a video to rock music of all there great tackles to get them psyched maybe the wallabies could be shown a lowlight reel set to Barry white to get them in the mood.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
With respect JB, a bloke playing at Premier grade or above should not be gaining fitness playing, particularly for bloody Australia. That is a joke. Players need to take responsiblity for their own fitness and if Beale isn't prepared to hit the pavement, stop eating meat pies, drinking piss etc etc then piss him off UNTIL he gets fit - same applies to any player.

I agree with that but the selectors obviously felt he was up to scratch and fit. If he remains in the squad then select him. If he is not going to be selected then release him completely, have a look at him again at the end of the year and replace him with someone else for this championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.