• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 September 2012: Round 4
Australia vs Argentina at Skilled Park, Gold Coast
Referee: W. Barnes (RFU); AR: N. Owens (WRU), G. Jackson (NZRU); TMO: M. Goddard (ARU)

New Zealand vs South Africa at Forsyth Barr in Dunedin
Referee: G. Clancy (IRFU); AR: R. Poite (FFR), J. Leckie (ARU); TMO: V. Munro (NZRU)

22 September 2012: Travel Bye

29 September 2012: Round 5
South Africa vs Australia - Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria
Argentina vs New Zealand - Estadio Ciudad de La Plata, La Plata

6 October 2012: Round 6
South Africa vs New Zealand - FNB Stadium, Johannesburg
Argentina vs Australia - Estadio Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I'll save my vote till after the Wallaby v Boks game tonight, but I gotta say that if the Pumas attack the breakdown like they did in Wellington the Wallabies could be in for a looong night.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well, the inevitable has happened and the captain's curse has struck. Now our best and brightest halfback is Phipps. Yes Phipps. The third best halfback at the Rebels.

The stupidity of the way Deans has handled White is now open for all to see. Strange how a bunch of amateur commentators on a fan site had a better understanding of the risks than a coach supposedly on megabucks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone have Steve Merrick's phone number? I think we need one from the clouds for this one. Not sure who. Sheehan or McKibbon would be up there.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Who's the pick for the poisoned chalice of captain? Sharpe? Barnes? Robbo? Our stocks there are looking thin as well.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If there is a captain's curse, you've got to make Sharpie captain. If he gets injured you aren't worrying about him being fit for next season. Genia might struggle to make the early rounds next year.

P

Paradox

JOC (James O'Connor) and McCabe back this weekend? I'd drop Barnes to the bench.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Moore for Captain. Is Horwill back for the EOYT? If not you can forget Sharpe not that he would be my first choice anyways. And please not Barnes.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) and McCabe back this weekend? I'd drop Barnes to the bench.

As much as we need them, they will be nowhere near match fit and bench options at best. Would be a big risky to even take both on the bench.

Few notes:
  • Barnes and Beale are very lucky others are injured at the moment.
  • McCabe on the bench as he has played more rugby lately and should be closer to go than JOC (James O'Connor).
  • No need for 7 cover on the bench.
  • Would definitely rather Lucas.

1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Shipperley
15. Beale

16. Moore 17. Robinson 18. Douglas 19. Higgers 20. Sheehan 21. Fainga'a 22. McCabe

It's only the Argies, no need to rush blokes back. Maybe. Right?

P

Paradox

It's only the Argies, no need to rush blokes back. Maybe. Right?

:eek: :( I'm also tempted to start Higgers at 6 and leave Samo at 8. Dennis hasn't really made much of an impact yet. Furthermore, Beale should go. He has been worse than crap. Lucas to 15 (or anyone than can at least catch a high ball because that would be an improvement). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be left at 13. What's B Foley doing? He can also play 15.

P

Paradox

FARK. JOC (James O'Connor) to 15 (pending fitness) and Beale out of 22.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
So:

Slipper
Moore/TPN?Fainga'a
Alexander
Sharpe
Pyle
Auelua
Hooper
Samo

Sheehan
Cooper
Ioane
McCabe
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Shipperly
Beiber

Moore/TPN/Fainga'a
Holmes
Simmons
Higgers
Vaea
Phipps
Harris

Coach: Link
Scrum coach: Noriega
Backline coach: Bernie
Fitness: Dean Benton

Scrubbing shit of toilet seats until they learn how lucky they are/how hard they must work to be valued: Beale, Dingo, Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.