• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

For those calling for Lucas, he got a major leg injury in the S15 semi final against the Sharks. I doubt he'll be back before next year.

Lucas goes from one injury to the next. Would love to see him be injury free for a month or two. Can adequately cover so many positions - virtually 9-15

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'm worried as well FP. Up front we are going to get demolished. If a team can put that much pressure on the All Blacks up front, what chance do we have.

I really liked the Argies defensive style, in sort of an arrow formation but with excellent slide and cover. I think Steve Hansen said the pattern gave the illusion of fools gold out wide, but was quickly shut down. They trust Camacho, Bosch and Agulla out wide, all very good defenders.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Courier Mail is reporting JOC (James O'Connor) will return against the Boks, while McCabe will probably return from the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the Pumas game will be a crucial match for Barnes, Shipperley and Beale.

I see them as the three whose positions are most in jeopardy with the return of JOC (James O'Connor).

Simmons will be playing for a bench spot for the South Africa/Argentina tour as Timani will come back into the starting side in three weeks time when fit.

I wonder if Moore will get the starting jersey back against Argentina or whether TPN will retain it?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
JOC (James O'Connor) hasn't played in ages and should come off the bench if he comes straight back.
look what happened with beale straight back to the XV.
Phipps
QC (Quade Cooper)
Diggers
Barnes
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Ships
Mccabe/Beale

sheehan
JOC (James O'Connor)
Mccabe/Beale.

D

daz

Forget ability, skill and game plan for a second, and think about this: The intensity (particularly in defense and at the breakdown) shown by the Puma's against the Darkness was so bright you could have lit up most of central Australia.

I watched the Bok v Pom mid-year tests and thought that was pretty physical. Then I watched the Puma's throw themselves at the Darkness on the weekend. I found myself watching them with absolute delight, and if Twitter was anything to go by, so did many of you.

Fucking hell, the Wallabies better stop thinking about manscape products and harden up a bit more, or they will be making a booking for reconstructive surgery come Sunday morning.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I wouldn't want to be the new halfback for the Wallabies. The way the Pumas got into A Smith was impressive, and that was with a pretty good AB forward pack. If the Wallaby forwards don't muscle up whoever it is could be in for a torrid time. It hardly needs to be said that if they get into the halfback it may make make Cooper look pretty ordinary.

I see our TAB has AUS at $1.14 and ARG at $5.00. Whilst I think that the Wallabies are slight favourites I reckon that is a good price on Los Pumas all things considered.

Whatever happens I am very happy that the Pumas are here. It is so much better having 2 tests per weekend to watch rather than just the one.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It will be interesting who is picked this weekend with all the injuries.

1. Slipper
2. TPN (Only because Moore missed the last game with slight injury)
3. Alexander
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Higgers
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Harris
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Shippers
15. Beale (Until JOC (James O'Connor) returns, he should be groomed as our long term 15)

16. Robinson
17. Moore
18. Dennis
19. Gill
20. Gregan or McKibbin or Sheehan or ?
21. Tapuai
22. Morahan

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't think Simmons and Sharpe is a good combination. Both are really LH locks, even if Sharpie can pack at TH if need be. I'd prefer Sharpe and Neville or Douglas.

si_rangi

Frank Row (1)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for captain? Has he been tried in the past? From my perspective, he is the first player to be picked, plays the full 80 and is one of the more experienced squad members. Certainly inspirational e.g. his double tackle on Saturday. And playing at Centre is not too far from the action (BoD seemed fine there for Ireland).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why is Higgers replacing Dennis? That doesn't work.

I thought Samo and then Higgers was excellent. Samo was terrific in the first half and Higgers provided real impact when he came on (and obviously scored a try).

Dennis played much better than he did against the All Blacks and got through a ton of work.

I'd keep the backrow exactly the same.

I also don't see Harris coming in for Barnes. Barnes will certainly be told to kick less, but his 6/6 kicking performance will see him retain his spot. Presumably his problems late in the game were just cramping in his calves. It wasn't always the same calf muscle he was reaching for.

T

TOCC

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for captain? Has he been tried in the past? From my perspective, he is the first player to be picked, plays the full 80 and is one of the more experienced squad members. Certainly inspirational e.g. his double tackle on Saturday. And playing at Centre is not too far from the action (BoD seemed fine there for Ireland).

I think he would make a great captain, at least as a fill-in captain at least.. He seems like a really unselfish type of player and he has those moments which are inspiring for the rest of the team..

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Barnes should should be the captain, not because he would be good at the role, not because would inspire , I just want to see the headline

"Sookface to captain Wallabies"

Can you imagine the fear that would instil in the opposition ? ? ?

Yes I know i'm pathetic :(

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I wouldn't want to be the new halfback for the Wallabies. The way the Pumas got into A Smith was impressive, and that was with a pretty good AB forward pack. If the Wallaby forwards don't muscle up whoever it is could be in for a torrid time. It hardly needs to be said that if they get into the halfback it may make make Cooper look pretty ordinary.

Sounds like a call for a tough experienced halfback?????

Hope Sheehan gets a start.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to stay at 13 from here on in. He gave us some real presence and go ahead in centre field plus defensively he was excellent. But.....he is not a captain.
Sheehan to start with Phipps on the bench. However I will say that Phipps managed to clear the ball from the base much quicker than Genia and this gave us some momentum while he was on against SA. I don't know why Genia's service has been so slow this year? Sheehan is aggressive and more experienced than Phipps and will be a better to play the first 40-50 minutes against the Pumas.
Sharpe or Moore for captain. Not Sookface as he will probably not be in the side when everyone is fit and his tactical kicking nous may just roll over into his captaincy. We would be truly fucked then! Sharpe probably would not keep his place as well but he has the experience to fill the position temporarily.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
15. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
14. Dominic Shipperley (Queensland Reds)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
8. Radike Samo (Queensland Reds)
7. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
6. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force, captain)
4. Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies) or Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
18. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
19. Liam Gill (Queensland Reds)
20. Brett Sheehan (Western Force)
21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
22. Kurtley Beale (Melbourne Rebels)

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Is Simmons injured or has Robbie lost confidence in him? Still no reserve lock.

I cautious about McCabe starting, suspect he won't play a full game.

Moving Barnes to fullback in attempt to curb his fascination with grubber kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.