• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Barnes to fullback McCabe to 12, can't say I hate it. Good to see Douglas get the gig, not sure how he will go though. Long-term he's an equal prospect as Simmons can be (still young), but I would of definatly wanted Simmo starting, his line-out work could of been valuable against the likes of Leguizamon, Fernandez-Lobbe and Albacete.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'd prefer McCabe at 15 and Barnes left at 12 and just told the next time he grubbers or chips he is gone. I guess at least one of the back 3 should be able to kick and McCabe, Ioane and Shipperley sure can't. And now you'd think the only danger of a short kick is from Cooper rather than Barnes and Beale as well. Cooper does seem to use it more judiciously.

A lot of pressure on Coopers decision making with no Genia and Barnes either side of him, not that Barnes has been any good lately.

Really hope they leave Cooper at 10 and not try swap he and Barnes on counter-attack or try any other positional swithes. Both need a real shot at the position.

Be interesting to see how it goes.

W

What2040

About time KB (Kurtley Beale) bacik to bench - luckt to be in 22. Hopefully Barnes at 15. can kick the ball with distance but it wouldn't suprise me that a grubber or two creeps into the game (although Deans will give him a new a---hole if he does)

Thought Higgers and Slipper both unlucky re run-on spots but Mr Deans obviously has his reasons.

Went to Southport School yesterday to see team traing - noticed how fit JOC (James O'Connor) was after such a long layoff (in comparison to KB (Kurtley Beale)) but jeez he is sporting a fucking horrible hair cut or should I say style. Looking fiorward to his return to bring some attacking flair to an otherwise shithouse attacking backline.

OZ better come out firing against the Argies or else

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Southern Districts and qwerty51 won't be very happy that Kane Douglas is making his test debut.

Thought Higgers and Slipper both unlucky re run-on spots but Mr Deans obviously has his reasons.

I thought Samo starting and then Higgers finishing provided real impact from Number 8 for the entire 80 minutes last Saturday. I'm glad they kept the combination going.

T

TOCC

Well at least we can expect some great counter attacking from fullback by having Barnes there.. Don't suspect we will see him kicking much.... :p

T

TOCC

I would have preferred Slipper to start...

Douglas better make the most of his opportunity, should consider himself very lucky to leapfrog some other better performing locks in 2012

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Several people here have mentioned playing BB at 15. I never really considered it but I guess his positional play is very good and we know he likes to kick.
Should be interesting and no doubt the Pumas will give him plenty of attention.
Beale to 15 and BB to 12 when McCabe gets a bit tired. McCabe will get us over the ad. line early and shore up that 10-12 channel.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I actually take back my previous statement about having Barnes at fullback. Has deans seen how high Hernandez and Rodriguez can kick a ball? I can't say I've ever really seen Berrick take a high ball under pressure. Back three of Shipperely, Barnes and Ioane, not the safest trio to have under the high ball.

I think Argentina will be licking their lips at that selection. Hopefully Quade can switch with Berrick on defence because he is good under the high ball.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ashley-Cooper is our only player who can catch a high ball consistently.

I don't think Cooper has shown himself to be any better under the high ball than anyone else. He certainly struggled when he was defending at 15 for the Wallabies.

Genia is one our better exponents at it and he misses about every second one.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Several people here have mentioned playing BB at 15. I never really considered it but I guess his positional play is very good and we know he likes to kick.
Should be interesting and no doubt the Pumas will give him plenty of attention.
Beale to 15 and BB to 12 when McCabe gets a bit tired. McCabe will get us over the ad. line early and shore up that 10-12 channel.

Yeah, positionally ok, but the Pumas could bomb the f*ck out of him, and I don't have very high hopes us taking many cleanly with him there plus no Genia.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So Barnes will obviously play the second receiver role when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and McCabe are used as dummy runners. Can we expect him not to just kick it away each time he is in that position?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would have preferred Slipper to start.

Douglas better make the most of his opportunity, should consider himself very lucky to leapfrog some other better performing locks in 2012

He has been really good all season, as a TH lock.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Who was better than Douglas at TH lock? Neville would be the only real argument, I would say. Simmons is unlucky not to make the bench, especially since the curse dictates that Sharpe will go down at some point. I don't like playing 5:2 against the Argies, as I think it will be a bruising encounter and Samo is simply not viable for more than 50 minutes.

Otherwise, it's a solid team given the available options.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Barnes played at 15 for Uni last year and was outstanding, in the finals I think?
Douglas is a good selection and will keep the scrum strong. How is his lineout work?
Samo to take Timani's place as the mid-field battering ram.
Looking forward to this one!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Douglas was used in the lineout for the Tahs regularly.

He is definitely much better than Timani.

The only reason not to use him would be to just keep doing the same lineout options they've been doing in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.