• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I guess the plus side to having all these injuries is that we can develop a bit of depth before the Lions tour next year. Is Phipps is going to be our back up halfback we need him to get some experience playing against top quality opposition looks like he'll get his chance this year.

Was pretty happy with what I saw from the team overall against the boks. The forward pack were good. Even dennis contributed well. Backs are start to find some form. Beale still is some way off but he might well flourish against the pumas. Barnes is a useful talent but for god sakes he kicks too much. When O'Connor is back fit, Barnes should move to the bench.

team for Argentina
1.Slipper
2.Moore
3. Alexander
4. Sharpe
5. Simo
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12 Barnes (ultimately he needs to go, but id opt for some consistency against the pumas)
13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14.Shipperley
15. Beale

16.TPN
17.Robinson
18.Pyle
19.Higgers
20.Sheehan (should be Lucas but he's not in the squad)
21.McCabe
22.O'Connor

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd go with:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Sharpe
5. Neville
6. Higgers
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Shipperley
15. Beale

16.TPN
17.Slipper
18.Simmons
19.Dennis
20.Sheehan (should be Lucas but he's not in the squad)
21.Barnes/Tapuai/Harris
22. McCabe

I'd make a few key changes:
  • Moore and higgers come in to strengthen the lineouts
  • Neville for the injured Timani at TH lock
  • JOC (James O'Connor) comes into 12 and the backline clicks and we score bulk tries.
  • McCabe on the bench - if beale is having another shock he should be pulled off with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or McCabe moving to the back and the other playing out centre
  • I'd like to see Tapuai on the bench, but we probably need a second goal kicking option so barnes or harris will get that spot.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Neville isn't even in the squad anymore. The remaining locks are Simmons & Douglas.

He has been playing for Manly from what I understand.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So has Douglas (for Souths). They're both still in the squad but Robbie releases them on the weekend.

From the game on the weekend Douglas went up against Neville and it was pretty even although Douglas smashed Neville in a tackle causing the ball loose and a resulting try. Robbie should pick Neville though as Douglas' team is now in the GF.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
So has Douglas (for Souths). They're both still in the squad but Robbie releases them on the weekend.

From the game on the weekend Douglas went up against Neville and it was pretty even although Douglas smashed Neville in a tackle causing the ball loose and a resulting try. Robbie should pick Neville though as Douglas' team is now in the GF.

I trust this is tongue in cheek. Ask Kane which game he would rather play. You have to pick the best player for the Australian team. But with Phipps being our selected halfback, it will be the player Deans thinks is best, not necessarily the best player.

T

tranquility

Maybe not this week, but what do we think of this..

9. Lucas?
10. Quade
11. Dig Lazarus
12. Taps
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Paddy

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCabe?

Put Barnes at 15. He has to stay on the field for his goal kicking, it's that good.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah forget he was coming back. I blame the hour, it ain't right to be at work now.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
possibly it was the wine talking, but watching the Foxtel summation after the game on Saturday night, I thought they said that Barnes would not be a starter against the Argos' as he received an injury.
Any update on that?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
McCabe?

Put Barnes at 15. He has to stay on the field for his goal kicking, it's that good.
O'Connor is a very good kicker, Beale has shown he is solid aswell, so I don't think Barnes is in the Morne Steyn category (that being, he's in the team for his GK).

Reactions: BDA

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
How much has Barnes played at 15? Keeps getting thrown about but I can't remember seeing him there. He has never impressed me under the highball, has a crap boot he loves to use and is slow. Can see him chipping more on counter-attack than Beale.

12 if starting or 10/12 cover on bench. But next season when Leallifano (sp?) should be given a chance if his form is back up to this year's standard.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Harris can easily come in and perform the same role as Barnes. Based on current form it is hard to see how he couldn't be better than Barnes has been.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
In saying that my preference is for JOC (James O'Connor) to replace Beale and take the kicking role so Taps can also come into the side. Doesn't appear likely though.

W

What2040

Scotty - would love to see that

Don't know what is wrong with Sharpie - seems to be giving away penalties, left right and centre

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
For the Gold Coasters the Wallabies have a public training session today at TSS at 3:30.

Sent using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I have a very bad feeling about this game, the Argies play a type of confrontational unstructured game the Wobs struggle with.

My major hope is that they will struggle to get themselves up after the AB game.

But then we struggle to get up as well

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
For those calling for Lucas, he got a major leg injury in the S15 semi final against the Sharks. I doubt he'll be back before next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.