• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've rated other scrum halfs higher than Phipps but I have been impressed with how crisp his passes look.

39min down.

We had an opportunity off the scrum but the move did not come off. Knocked on. Cleared by Argies, Kurtley puts it out. That is HT.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Put a better back line around cooper.

Nah mate, that mistake he made when he went back to clear up the kick was so casual and so elementary. I just don't think he has the ability to concentrate for long periods of time. I think he will always be a liability at test level.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Have to disagree Seahorse. Phipps keeps doing this little double pump and chewing up a second that the player receiving the ball needs. He hasn't been woeful, but that little double pump needs to go.

And why the fuck have I been campaigning for Douglas in a wobs jersey for 5 months but Robbie couldn't see it. He is having a great debut.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree with the assessment on Phipps, has a good pass on him at least (when he does it straight away). Let's be real, Cooper is having a shocker so far. Kane Douglas has been impressive when involved, he's throwing himself around anyway. It looks like a tough ask for anybody to break through that Argie defence, they are organized and putting big hits on as well, Digby copping a couple. I honestly think it's a case of wearing them down, once they start having to go to the bench they might fall away, less quality on the bench for Argentina. Fitness will be telling, Wallabies questionable there but so is Argentina.

Looking forward to the second half.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well, consecutive weeks & a come from behind victory is required.

Funnily enough I'm more confident this week. There's been plenty of positive signs with ball in hand & willingness to run. Parity of possession in the 2nd half should see us cross for a few meat pies; (I hasten to add that I was similarly optimistic against Scotland in Newcastle).

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Phipps needs to work on his box kick. Quite impressed with Wayne Barnes again (unfortunately). He's a good communicator.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Yes Horan it is Cooper's fault. He doesn't have to pass it if no one is running through the holes.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Have to disagree Seahorse. Phipps keeps doing this little double pump and chewing up a second that the player receiving the ball needs. He hasn't been woeful, but that little double pump needs to go.

And why the fuck have I been campaigning for Douglas in a wobs jersey for 5 months but Robbie couldn't see it. He is having a great debut.

Fair enough Charger about Phipps but at least we agree about Douglas - he is having a great 1st game for the Wallabies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Penalty to us. Barnes has been hit in the head. Shit.

He seems ok. Phew!

Line-out Oz in Argie territory.

We have a penalty. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Diggers getting off the ground looking like they just woke up from those sleeping chambers they used on the movie Aliens.

Barnes gets the kick & we are 6-all. (ps Charger I did just notice the Phipps double pump, still think it is a pretty good pass though).

Charge down & try Argies!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.