• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 S15 SA Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Got to give it to the SARU, they're persistent. Utterly incompetent, but persistent.

SARU Renew Expansion Bid

South Africa will make a renewed bid to persuade SANZAR to expand the Super Rugby competition to 16 teams.

SANZAR have already dismissed the idea of increasing the competition to include a sixth South African franchise. But representatives of the South African Rugby Union (SARU) and their Super Rugby franchises will travel to Australia and New Zealand next month in to push the case for expansion.

The delegation was formulated following a meeting between the SARU and franchises in Johannesburg on Thursday. The Southern Kings have been granted a Super Rugby license for 2013, suggesting that one of the five other franchises will have to step down unless SANZAR can be persuaded to allow a sixth South African franchise into the competition.

"We had a very good conversation on the future where we discussed the options on achieving a solution that is in the interest of South African and southern hemisphere rugby," SARU chief executive officer Jurie Roux.

"We would like to workshop our position with our SANZAR colleagues and have included representatives of our franchises to underline the seriousness of our appeal."

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2012/rugby/story/159950.html

S

spooony

Otherwise one established union will be replaced by a development team in next years Super Rugby competition. Don’t pass the stadium in PE with a kit bag – the coach might draft you into his team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
http://www.thebulls.co.za/article.aspx?artid=1260911
Sold-Out-Sign-120224-300.jpg

Please note that tickets for the Vodacom Bulls vs. Sharks game are SOLD OUT.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
May have been a sold out crowd but I even did a fast forward job on the the 20min highlight programme is was that boring!

S

spooony

May have been a sold out crowd but I even did a fast forward job on the the 20min highlight programme is was that boring!
They use to it down there in Pretoria. Hell they had Naas Botha for years so to them its like watching a NZ vs Fiji 7 a side final

S

spooony

Stormers up 20 - 6 30 minutes gone crossed the white wash twice already haha

STORMERS 39-26 HURRICANES

S

spooony

Lions beat the Cheetahs 27-25 and Jantjies knocked over 9 penalty kicks which is a new record for most penalties kicked in a Super Rugby game.

Looking at the weekends games and seeing the penalty count I think it is pretty pathetic and something is seriously wrong

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Was very impressed with some of the stormers youngsters - Etzebeth, Kolisi and Kitshoff in particular. Gary van Aswegen looked shaky at flyhalf though and some of his option taking was terrible. Burton Francis looked much better when he came on although i'm not sure he is the answer for them long term. The lack of a quality 10 could cost the Stormers again this year. Hopefully Schalk's injury is not as bad as it looked! You don't often see him rolling around in pain the way he was though!

S

spooony

The Bulls looked like they haven't lost anything or personal. Those youngsters performed very well and then there is mutant Steyn....... need I say more?

Schalk Burger’s injury (knee-out for 4-6 weeks). I heard a rumor that Grant is about to return in next week.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I hope Grant is in better shape than he was last year.

Van Aswegen is not a Super Rugby quality ten from what I have seen. Looks lost.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fark. Sadie gone for three weeks. Bulls have midfield issue. Might have to start with Kirchner at 13 unless Olivier recovers in time.

We'll have to wait 4 weeks to see this exciting young paring again. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom