• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 S15R12 Stormers vs Waratahs @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'm talking about a knee to the back of someone, that's surely ban worthy but the Stormers have a backrow crisis so..
Oh that one, was accidental and nothing.

Fourie did get an Off Field Yellow Card (first time in my life I hear about this kind of card)
Stormers site
Deon Fourie issued an Off-Field Yellow Card- Sunday, May 13, 2012
Deon Fourie of the Stormers has been issued with an off-field yellow card for contravening Law 10.4 (m) Acts Contrary to Good Sportsmanship during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.
Fourie and Cheetahs player Ashley Johnson were involved in a scuffle where they began throwing punches at each other. These actions caused a number of players to become involved in several scuffles that broke out following the initial scuffle. The incident occurred in the 55th minute of the match between the Stormers and Cheetahs played at DHL Newlands Stadium in Cape Town on 12th May.
An Off-Field Yellow Card may be issued by the Sanzar Citing Commissioner for foul play incidents that are very close to, but in his opinion do not meet the Red Card threshold for Citings.
In this case the incident was acted on by the referee for the match: Steve Walsh who penalised and issued a Yellow and White Card for a prior incident of Foul Play to Stormers player Rynhardt Elstadt. Referee Walsh then issued a White Card for all of the events that followed on from this.
On further review of the match footage the Citing Commissioner deemed an Off-Field Yellow Card was appropriate for Fourie.
Steve walsch probably got scared to get a shot and change the white card to the big fight that followed.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers – 15 Joe Pietersen, 14 Gio Aplon, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Jean de Villiers (c), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Jebb Sinclair, 7 Rynhardt Elstadt, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Steven Kitshoff.
Subs: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Frans Malherbe, 18 De Kock Steenkamp, 19 Don Armand, 20 Louis Schreuder, 21 Burton Francis, 22 Gerhard van den Heever.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
15. B. Foley is back, replacing Hangers in the XV. Tom Carter is out of the 22.

McKibbin replaces Pretorius as the starting scrummie.

As expected, the rotation of some forwards continues: Palu and Douglas are rotated out and Dennis and S.Timani are back in. Dennis will play 8.

TPN and Ulugia are bracketed at 2. [If TPN is in doubt now he should be omitted IMO.]

Jono Jenkins replaces L. Timani on the bench.

Waratahs: 15. Bernard Foley, 14. Tom Kingston, 13. Rob Horne, 12. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 11. Atieli Pakalani, 10. Berrick Barnes, 9. Brendan McKibbin, 8. Dave Dennis, 7. Chris Alcock, 6. Rocky Elsom (c), 5. Sitaleki Timani, 4. Dean Mumm, 3. Sekope Kepu, 2. John Ulugia/Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1. Benn Robinson.

Res: 16. Josh Mann-Rea, 17. Jeremy Tilse, 18. Kane Douglas, 19. Jono Jenkins, 20. Wycliff Palu, 21. Sarel Pretorius, 22. Daniel Halangahu

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With the proviso that we don't know who are carrying what niggles (apart from the TPN concussion) this team seems to have the forwards rotating almost by rote. Surely after last week's brain snap Mumm should be riding the pine and Timani and Douglas should start against one of the best teams in the comp. I agree on TPN being out if he's not 100%, with his concussion history he should be put in cotton wool as per the 4 corners program on Monday.

We are persisting with the backline formation with Foley replacing Halangahu. If we lose this weekend I guess the Cheetahs game will be where we can trial some more radical formations. If we do lose I'd like to see Peterson get twenty minutes off the bench against the Cheetahs, he has to get some time sooner or later.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think Peterson went to South Africa. Barring injury, he won't be playing against the Cheetahs.

I'd love to see Foley at 10, Barnes at 12 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 against the Cheetahs.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Why bring Pretorious off the bench? Thought he did well last week and should keep the starting jersey.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
True. But we also put the other team on the back foot more with Pretorious' sniping... I guess it's a shame they're not one person.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs won't be able to domminate the Stormers forwards and just get scrum parity. Stormers will dominate the lineout. Tahs will panic and will resort to aimless kicking. Stormers will win this comfortably.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Duvenhages 50 up
Stormers
Habana and Duvenage milestones.- Thursday, May 17, 2012
DHL Stormers winger Bryan Habana will play in his 101’st Super Rugby game on Saturday and not his 100th. Habana has played 61 games for the Bulls and 39 for the DHL Stormers. Congrats Bryan it’s been great so far! We hope to see you in the DHL Stormers jersey for many more!
Dewaldt Duvenage will play his 50th game for the DHL Stormers when he runs out on Saturday against the Waratahs at DHL Newlands. Congrats Dewaldt a fantastic milestone.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep!

The article on the Stormers site has been changed. The google result lists it as saying 100th game and when you click through it now says 101st.

From Supersport.co.za

There are two changes to the starting XV that beat the Cheetahs last week, the first a rotational change with the hookers trading jerseys. Tiaan Liebenberg moves from the bench into the starting line-up with Deon Fourie playing from the bench in jersey No 16.

The other change is an injury enforced change that sees Canadian international and London Irish No 8 Jebb Sinclair get his first start at the back of the scrum, in for the injured Nizaam Carr. WP player Don Armand is named as cover on the bench in jersey 19.

This weekend also sees Dewaldt Duvenage get his 50th cap for the Stormers and Bryan Habana will play his 100th Super Rugby game.

The Stormers have won nine from 10 starts this season and are currently one point behind the Bulls in the South African Conference.

The game is the Stormers' last home fixture until after the June international break when on June30 they take on the Lions at Newlands.

The Stormers in the next two weeks will face the Sharks and the Bulls, both away, before the June international Test window.

L

Linus

Just another reminder that times have changed, SuperBru warned me against tipping the Tahs.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Still cant figure out why Coetzee starts with harris. Coenie was all over him on saturday. Tiaan will make a huge differense.
Brok is good player, but if I'm not mistaken he is being played out of position at THP? Robinson is very good at exploiting this scenario which is why we should have the scrums. I say should because any number of things can go wrong, and we are starting Mumm and timani, leaving our better scrummaging lock on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.