• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Aust Connected "Foreigners" in ITM Cup

TBA/TBC
Tom SEXTON, Rebels (via Leinster)
SNOWDEN, (according to ABC Shute Shield team - Is that Mick SNOWDEN, halfback from the Force/Eastwood?)

Yes thats him Snowden has been signed for Waikato in the ITM cup unfortunatley for Eastwood.

Christopher McDonald

Peter Burge (5)
If you are yet to choose a favourite team, may I suggest Canterbury! We have won the tournament the last 5 years in a row (everybody loves a winner! :)) and last year scored an incredible 51 tries in the 10 round robin matches!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Enjoyed watching Counties-Manukau and Wellington last year so will continue to follow them closely for my second year watching the NPC.

The ITM Cup can't come any sooner!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Have cheered for Waikato since Christian had a year with them. Also like TNW - almost clones of each other. Then Leon Power came from there to the Brumbies. There is a connection.

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Saw this last night while looking to see how Snowden went in his first run for Waikato. This clip will show you why Rugby rules in New Zealand. Fiercest haka I have seen.
http://tvnz.co.nz/seven-sharp/ngati-porou-east-coast-s-ranfurly-shield-challenge-video-5523018

Sorry it wont run today. What it was about was how the whole east coast region basicly shut down for a day to watch their side challenge Waikato for the Ranfurly shield at a game held in a little village. Then the entire crowd performed a haka then both team simultaneously performed theirs, ending up face to face. Unbelievable to watch the passion involved. Waikato won easy, then everyone trooped of to a feast in a beautiful Maori building.

Makes pies and beers while doing the Eastwood salute look tame.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mean haka! Great link, Morton! Love the tradition behind NZ rugby and the Ranfurly Shield.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tradition, passion - who can ask for more?
Reasonably sure it was the Ngati Porou team who played Buller in one of the Heartland matches last year and put on a little in-game entertainment by hiding $20 (I think) under one of the goal post pads. Whoever scored a try could take a look under a pad, and if he was lucky enough to find the cash he could keep it! Even the TV commentators didn't know what was going on until the money was found!
Of course, old bugger that I am, I could be wrong about the teams involved, but the "promotion" added to the sheer sense of fun of the occasion. Would have loved to have been there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crikey that was an interesting haka challenge.

Little wonder the English Army struggled to pacify the natives in NZ.

Add Rugby in Ruatoria to the Bucket List.

Isn't that why we love our game?

Great corporate box.

"Where's the seats, there's only stones here?"
"If you sit down you won't be able to see!"

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
This and a million other reasons is why I love our domestic competition and why I love my country.

Cannot wait until the season proper begins and our shield defence comes under a bit more strain.

Go you Mooloo men.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If anyone watches that video and thinks about it,you may understand just a little of NZ and why we love rugby. And if you think that haka was pretty mean, I hope one day you get a chance to go to a 1st xv game between some of the colleges , where the whole school will be welcoming the visiting team with a haka, and then will start one on sideline, seriously moving stuff!!

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Very excited to see CauCau run around in NZ again in just over a week.
3108NZHBPRUGBY10_fct687x518x26_t460.JPG

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This and a million other reasons is why I love our domestic competition and why I love my country.

Cannot wait until the season proper begins and our shield defence comes under a bit more strain.

Go you Mooloo men.
Geez Chiefton, you saying my Mighty Nua didn't cause a bit of strain, and East Coast?? Where apparently the ground announcer said after Waikato were up 60-5 and they scored another try, that makes score 60 and another try to 5!! Apparently he assured everyone before game he would be able to add score up ok as he had a Pakeha in box helping him!! Was reading one report by someone in attendance at Ruatoria, that after match had 9 crayfish on each table, so like HJ says gotta go on bucket list:)

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
I think this could be a blowout score line to Wellington. Wellington 29 beating Counties Manukau 9 at halftime. Shit I wish we had a competition of ITM standard in Oz!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Slow start to this year's ITM with the higher ranked teams in each contest thus far winning comfortably, some might say unextended but I would never be so unkind. Nice match-ups tomorrow and Sunday though - particularly looking forward to "my" Makos taking on Southland. And I expect Hawkes Bay v Manawatu and Waikato v Northland will be keenly contested. Sunday sees Auckland v North Harbour (featuring the return of Rupeni Caucaunibuca) and who doesn't like to see Auckland lose! Also on Sunday we get a look at Otago v Bay of Plenty (who have recently signed Beau Robinson).

A great weekend of Rugby, starting with the Mighty Two Blues defending our turf against our neighbours Penrith who always treat this as the most important game of their year, followed by some match involving a team in Gold slugging it out against some other team in Black and not forgetting the Mighty Two Blues Colts getting their baptism of fire in finals footy on Sunday! The Foxtel machine is getting a workout this weekend - I probably won't finish watching the ITM until mid-next week.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Slow start to this year's ITM with the higher ranked teams in each contest thus far winning comfortably, some might say unextended but I would never be so unkind. Nice match-ups tomorrow and Sunday though - particularly looking forward to "my" Makos taking on Southland. And I expect Hawkes Bay v Manawatu and Waikato v Northland will be keenly contested. Sunday sees Auckland v North Harbour (featuring the return of Rupeni Caucaunibuca) and who doesn't like to see Auckland lose! Also on Sunday we get a look at Otago v Bay of Plenty (who have recently signed Beau Robinson).

A great weekend of Rugby, starting with the Mighty Two Blues defending our turf against our neighbours Penrith who always treat this as the most important game of their year, followed by some match involving a team in Gold slugging it out against some other team in Black and not forgetting the Mighty Two Blues Colts getting their baptism of fire in finals footy on Sunday! The Foxtel machine is getting a workout this weekend - I probably won't finish watching the ITM until mid-next week.

Yeah, it hasn't been the most exciting start but that's more to do with the mismatches than anything else. Caught a couple of the Currie Cups games today on Fox and in comparison they were very good. The Cheetahs/Lions game most notably.

Status
Not open for further replies.