• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Makos played well tonight - excellent set piece execution, great support play, exciting tries. They are a great team to watch when they pout it all together like they did today.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They take the Ranfurly Shield pretty seriously in NZ.

Sell out crowd at the Hawkes Bay vs Counties Manakau game. Hakas and everything. Crowd very engaged.

Without the shield at stake, the crowd would probably be about 1/2 the number.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And the Ranfurly shield moves north to Counties for their first time apparently.

Hawkes Bay beaten in a game where the lead changed about 5 times. 27 Counties, 24 Hawkes Bay.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Eating a huge slice of humble pie at the moment with a fairly empty wallet as well.
Well done Counties.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
As a Waikato fan I was slutted when we lost the shield to Otago but quite happy for them. Happier for Hawkes Bay when they won and Counties winning it has made my day

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eating a huge slice of humble pie at the moment with a fairly empty wallet as well.
Well done Counties.

Counties last 2 home games are v the 'naki who got dusted today by the Jafas, then Waikato so you may yet see the shield back in the Tron for the summer.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stuff.co.nz are saying the Bay's tenure of 5 days is the shortest ever but didn't
South Canty once hold it for 3 days? Took it off Marlborough midweek & lost it to Wellington on Saturday?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Catching up on some ITM cup games recorded onm the IQ. Lions (Wellington) vs Taniwha (Northland)

two thoughts spring to mind:

Savea Junior (RD) is seriously good. Another year or two of getting knocked around in Club and Soup and he could be yet another of the AIG's #7 production factory output.

I love some of the NZ names. Not blind obedience to American sports imperalism. How do you think the Septics would handle the names of Denver Taniwha or Washington Taniwha in the NFL or NHA or whatever world championships they hold over there.

We need more <insert team> Bandicoots or <insert team> Wombats in high profile teams, although I think <insert team> Sea Horses may be a little light on in the intimidation/motivation stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.