• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 IRB Junior World Championship - France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Brilliant move by Foxtel.

Mind you there is apparently upwards of 20000 B&I Lions supporters in Australia ATM. These will probably still be debriefing tonight's game against the Ponies long after Sir blows the Acme Thunderer for the last time. There could be some demand from them to see the game WAL and ENG games, if they can still stand up that is.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wales beat SA, England beat NZ, a NH final:p

Bloody marvellous, isn't it? Neither of the two teams that beat us in the Pool rounds made it to the Final, then we get beaten by Argen-bloody-tina. So now we get to play off to see if we can improve one place on last year's 8th position.

Let there be no unseemly panic. Australian Rugby is sleeping peacefully with a "Do not disturb" sign on the door.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Neither of the two teams that beat us in the Pool rounds made it to the Final, then we get beaten by Argen-bloody-tina.
Yip. Should be no surprises though, Bruce. The Argies have put a lot into their developing program and really stepped it up. It's not only the 6N who are overtaking us at this level and some here commented on it at the start of the tournament. The contrast with our preparation is stark.

T

tranquility

We need to have a Junior Rugby Championship starting from next year, or we shouldn't bother participating.

Lack of funds in not an excuse, we are wasting more money by continually going over and getting beaten to a pulp.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Bulls have fckd up Pollard big time throwing huge money at the lightie to join HM’s bullshit baffling brains Boks first choice nursery and then playing him out of position while feeling his ego profusely, showing again how they take good solid cape bred talents and mess them up with all this glory hallelujah biblical extension big bok bravado bullshit stories,

I can smell another Hitler reacts coming on. In fact I will get right on it

Congrats to Wales and England. Deserved winners. Even if they did not score that last try we did not deserve to get anything out of this tournament. Most pathetic looking forward pack I have ever see from any SA forward pack and I included packs of Hoerskool Ganspan en HTS Pusonderwater who would trounced this lot.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Picture this as an U20 Tournament for us and NZ to warm up for the U20 world cup:

One week and 8 teams all in one location (probably in the Pacific Islands?).

Teams:
NZ U20 and NZ U20a
Aus U20 and Aus U20a
4 invitational sides (including the host nation) selected from Japan, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, and South Africa is they can be fucked flying out.

2 Pools of 4. You play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with finals (1v2 etc) on Sunday.

The two teams from Aus and NZ would ensure we're not picking our WC squad on a hunch (currently they are selected based on camps) and would provide a good, cheap warm up.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
4 games of rugby in a week? Not sure that is a good idea even if they are Kids! A RC tournament over two weeks rotated each year between the 4 countries is the most logical idea. I'm sure the IRB would help with the costs, which could be kept down (as others have said) by staying in hostels, availing of other rugby clubs hospitality etc

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just pick a 20's team and a 20's A team and let them play in the Pacific Nations Cup like the Academies did this year. just means the team is picked in January

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just pick a 20's team and a 20's A team and let them play in the Pacific Nations Cup like the Academies did this year. just means the team is picked in January

On the surface ideas like this can seem workable but I think it'd be tough.

These players are based all over the nation. It'd be costly and difficult for them to get together constantly (not all are full professionals).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Most of the problem is that the actual team don't get to play warm up games together.

They all play plenty of rugby in the lead up to the squad being selected.

Organising matches against NZ U20 in May seems like the easiest option.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
4 games of rugby in a week? Not sure that is a good idea even if they are Kids! A RC tournament over two weeks rotated each year between the 4 countries is the most logical idea. I'm sure the IRB would help with the costs, which could be kept down (as others have said) by staying in hostels, availing of other rugby clubs hospitality etc
Not a bad way to go. Maybe some PI/ANZ matchups in the leadup as well.

SANZAR + UAR started the colts tournaments in 1995 that evolved into the JWC (one week, 3 games back then).

1995-U21.jpg

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Most of the problem is that the actual team don't get to play warm up games together.

They all play plenty of rugby in the lead up to the squad being selected.

Organising matches against NZ U20 in May seems like the easiest option.

That is so obvious a solution, it must have been raised and rejected by the Kiwi's, surely?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Dunno,
When they were a force in Rugby, it would have been a great prep.
Now that they are also rans,could we be bothered to play them?
(For the sake of my argument,let's ignore what happened in the pool game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom