• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Like I said, this NZ team is nothing special up front but SA are getting high praise for beating them twice. England smashed Ireland and will do the same to SA.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So, Aus out of jail and finished 5th. Great effort overall, but with a bit more composure they could have put the French away earlier in the game. Some standout performances along the way throughout the tournament, especially from Kellaway and Lacey on the wings, Haylett-Petty at No 8, Ala'alatoa at THP and Scoble at hooker. Also thought Placid (No15) and Stewart (No 12) were mostly very good while the scrum as a unit was outstanding. Looks unfortunate for Ala'alatoa that he seemed to pick up a hammy injury with about 4 minutes to play. McMahon was also outstanding both as player and as captain. All good signs for the future.
I love how 3 of your 4 standouts are from WA bodes well for the force if they can hang onto them all.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Like I said, this NZ team is nothing special up front but SA are getting high praise for beating them twice. England smashed Ireland and will do the same to SA.

Its their weakest forward pack possibly every at this level. Ireland are missing, by my count, 4 of their top forwards as well. Hopefully we can hold on I don't think we've ever beaten BNZ at any level of rugby so would be a great confidence boost for these young blokes.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Great result for the Aus 20s. Brilliant team effort to rise above a hard start by the frogs to take the win. Congrats to the lads!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I love how 3 of your 4 standouts are from WA bodes well for the force if they can hang onto them all.

It's been great to see putting a team in the West really start to pay off in player development. May be tricky to hang on to them all though, I'd think a few teams will be sniffing around Haylett-Petty in particular, maybe a chance for the Reds to get one back after all the QLDers that have gone west.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's been great to see putting a team in the West really start to pay off in player development. May be tricky to hang on to them all though, I'd think a few teams will be sniffing around Haylett-Petty in particular, maybe a chance for the Reds to get one back after all the QLDers that have gone west.
No doubt he would be a target for a few teams but with his brother about to be announced as staying on at the force I would say he isn't going anywhere. (At least I hope he isn't)

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
I hope that they get a decent Referee for the big match - it would be a pity to see it ruined by some northern hempisphere pedantry.....

Angus Gardiner would be up for it, I'm sure.

(Not sure who the ref will be though, despite lots of sniffing around)

The NH ref's seem to have diffficulty assessing where the offside line is at the ruck ( IMHO)....either that or there are some lads who could be at the Olympics doing the 100M sprint ! ( or quite possibly, I really DO need new specs)

The Aussie lads exercised some great self control it seemed, particularly with some blatant niggle at the outset, and some interesting scrum calls....

But they still took at least one, if not two, tight heads.

Well done piggies !

The Hound

PDS - the Irish lads taking it to the K1W1's......NZ up 26-23 with 20 to go.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks Kiap.

Man-flu must have blocked the snout.....

Good to see Sthn Hem refs in control though.

Let's hope that it will be as entertaining as the current & previous matches have been ! (Kiwis running away from Ireland now - 40 - 23.....)

3 x wins for Sthn Hem teams over their Nthn Hem counterparts will make for a satisfying end to the week !

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shocking first half by England but still take a lead. How can one seriously like the Bok team, utter Jakeball crap.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
To be fair that was good skills from the saffer backs.

SA 14 - 13

Two big fatties on for them now, too.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Been umming & aahing all week who to support, finally decided to back the fellow former colonials but not looking too good ATM, the Empire seem to be well in control. Also I've just discovered I forgot to record the 3/4 playoff, can anyone help me out with a final score?

Status
Not open for further replies.