• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 SA vs NZ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If anyone ever argued that super rugby is rigged the sharks hurricanes game would be the one. The sharks got ripped off. 2 shoulder charges that concussed 2 sharks players go with no penalty or card. Sharks get a try and its not given for a stupid call. Pretty bloody bad this one. And I couldn't care less Who won.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Ah Shiggins. Where would the board be without you. I assume the "try" you are talking about is the one from the maul where two players were unbound in front of the maul advancing blocking defenders. I watched the game as well and didn't see a shoulder charge. Mind you it would be an irony if the Sharks lost a game because the ref. didn't penlise foul play of that sort against them.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
I2 shoulder charges that concussed 2 sharks players go with no penalty or card.

That's probably cause neither of them were actually knocked out by shoulder charges. Unless you reckon Victor Vito's shoulder is on his hip/thigh and Reggie Goodes' is on his elbow.

Both were concussed attempting tackles on Hurricanes players.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
"When even the south african commentators admit, for the first time since the Boer War"

Payback sucks hah?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blues – 15 Lolagi Visinia, 14 Ben Lam, 13 Francis Saili, 12 George Moala, 11 Melani Nanai, 10 Ihaia West, 9 Jamison Gibson-Park, 8 Steven Luatua (c), 7 Brendon O'Connor, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Josh Bekhuis, 4 Culum Retallick, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 James Parsons, 1 Tony Woodcock.
Subs: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 18 Sam Pratley, 19 Will Lloyd, 20 Blake Gibson, 21 Jimmy Cowan/Jamie Booth, 22 Simon Hickey, 23 Matt Vaega.

Bulls – 15 Jesse Kriel, 14 Francois Hougaard, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Rudy Paige, 8 Pierre Spies (c), 7 Arno Botha, 6 Lappies Labuschagne, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Flip van de Merwe, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Trevor Nyakane.
Subs: 16 Callie Visagie, 17 Dean Greyling, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Jacques du Plessis, 20 Deon Stegmann, 21 Burger Odendaal, 22 Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 23 Travis Ismaiel.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheetahs vs Highlanders
Ref
Stuart-Berry.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues 23-18 Bulls with less than 10 to go. Luatua medicabbed off with what looks like a broken wrist or lower forearm, grabbed at it before he hit the ground. Blues blow a chance to put the game away by knocking on with the line open.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Ioane bros from Auckland may be like the Savea Bros from Wellywood.

Together they could be like the Whitelocks.

Tipped the Blues by 6 points. Gutted to miss the margin by 1 point. :D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues win, Bulls now 5/12 v Stormers 8/12 but a BP ahead on the table. Still think the Bulls are fucked, way tougher run home given that for most of it they won't be.

Not convinced that beating the Bulls is enough to save SJK after his cunning plan blew up in face when the key component said "yeah............. nah, bro"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Ioane bros from Auckland may be like the Savea Bros from Wellywood.

Together they could be like the Whitelocks.

Tipped the Blues by 6 points. Gutted to miss the margin by 1 point. :D

Strongly suspect that collectively the Saveas & Ioanes will end up with more AB's than the Whitelocks..................

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Certainly like the look of the Ioane boy playing at 6 for Blues, seems to have a pretty good workrate as well as being able to run with ball well, will be interesting to see how he goes over next couple of seasons.
Agee WOB, expecially if you count AB 7s, though I tend to think Savea the younger may make the ABs in next couple of seasons.
Anyway was quite impressed that Blues showed some ticker to win this game, though I suspect with Luatua out along with Braid and Kaino , it maybe pretty hard for the young loosies to handle too many big games over next few weeks. Though I do tend to think it will be good experience for them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ surely only injury can prevent Savea making the AB in 2016 or '17? Ioane's still very much a work in progress, as are most guys his age I s'pose, but the potential is there: imagine Taufua, Savea & Ioane as your 6-7-8, that's something I'd pay good money to see.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep WOB, but I don't see Taufua as an AB. Still I go along with your thinking there a bit of quality seeming to be coming through. Ardie may have to wait a year or 2 yet as looks like he may opt for 7s next year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bulls due for an upset.

Chiefs
15 Tom Marshall, 14 Hosea Gear, 13 Charlie Ngatai, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 Bryce Heem, 10 Damian McKenzie, 9 Augustine Pulu, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Liam Messam (captain), 5 Johan Bardoul, 4 Michael Fitzgerald/Ross Filipo, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Mitchell Graham
Substitutes: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Siate Tokolahi, 18 Pauliasi Manu, 19 Brian Alainu'uese, 20 Maama Vaipulu, 21 Brad Weber, 22 Andrew Horrell, 23 Tim Nanai-Williams
Bulls15 Jesse Kriel, 14 Francois Hougaard, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Rudy Paige, 8 Pierre Spies (captain), 7 Jacques du Plessis, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Flip van de Merwe, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Callie Visagie, 1 Trevor Nyakane
Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Dean Greyling, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Arno Botha, 20 Lappies Labuschagne, 21 Burger Odendaal, 22 Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 23 Travis Ismaiel

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Bulls due for an upset.l

They were competitive last week against the Blues but the Blues are bottom four. This week they are playing the team who had it not been for a TMO error would have beaten the runaway comp leaders. That's a bridge too far for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.