• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 SA vs NZ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Highlights of the Shorks v Crusaders game

red-and-yellow-powerpoint-template_1.jpg

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Jean Deysel was sent off last year against for kicking Jordan Taufua in the face. Sent off in this game for a knee to the head of a player lying on the ground. And then I remembered he did some nasty chokehold on an Australian player some years back. One of the biggest thugs going around right now. I hope his previous history is considered and he is banned for a LONG time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ seen it a coupla times now & it looks like a really really nasty cheap shot, totally indefensible. Taking his previous into account he really should be gone for 6 weeks. So he'll likely get 3.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I like to believe no player intentionally goes out to harm another player by foul means but the anecdotal evidence against Deysel is compelling. He is a total goose.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't usually "do" replays but made an exception for Shorks v CruSadists just to see what all the fuss was about. So far Id say Nadolo was a tad unlucky but given what had just happened should've known better than to give the ref ANY reason to bin him. And Jean Deysel is deadset the dirtiest piece of Sethfricken shite this side of James Small. In my rugby-watching lifetime, anyway, possibly not of all time if half the stories I've heard about 1949 & prior are true...............

If Deysel gets anything less than 4 weeks it's a fucking outrage.

Also I'll 2nd the motion put by @ChargerWA that, all things considered, Berry did rather a good job of not letting the game degenerate further than it did. I hereby nominate Berry, Barnes & Poite to ref/ AR the RWC Final (see what I did there? Clever, no? :))

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I just watched the replay of that first half - quite remarkable to see 4 cards in 5 mins but I have to agree they were all fair calls. Nadolo's the sketchiest I suppose, but hard to argue against. Deysel seems like a thug with a contract, should get 6-8 weeks with his history, will probably get 3.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No mention of it on either sanzarrugby.com or superxv.com, nor any Fox or Fairfax outlets as far as I can tell, but Deysel has at least been cited:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Deysel-cited-for-knee-to-head-20150405

No mention of when a decision might come out but it's a start.

From the same site:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/SA-conference-a-serious-mess-20150405

Looks like after all those years calling Australia the weakest Conf our Sethfricken friends may be getting ready to tuck into a big serving of humble pie................... makes their 6th Franchise look a pretty silly idea, too (but I s'pose we already knew that :))

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No mention of it on either sanzarrugby.com or superxv.com, nor any Fox or Fairfax outlets as far as I can tell, but Deysel has at least been cited:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Deysel-cited-for-knee-to-head-20150405

No mention of when a decision might come out but it's a start.

From the same site:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/SA-conference-a-serious-mess-20150405

Looks like after all those years calling Australia the weakest Conf our Sethfricken friends may be getting ready to tuck into a big serving of humble pie....... makes their 6th Franchise look a pretty silly idea, too (but I s'pose we already knew that :))
Whoever suggested a sixth franchise has anything to do with logic?

SARU. Not the fans. Not anyone with half a brain.

As for Deysel he should be scrapped from the game.Never rated him. Never liked him.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I said it at the start of the season. Our coaches are stuck in the past. They are for the most part unable to evolve the way SA teams play. There are glimpses of promise now and then but until we have bold franchise bosses and bold coaches we will not evolve as a rugby nation.

I had great hope for the Sharks under Gold. Turns out all he is doing is coaching a variation of 2007 Jakeball. Massively disappointing. After all the talk.

At this rate one team will make the six and possible won't even be in it on points.

On another happy note, SARU has just passed a directive that Bok teams this year will have eight non-whites in the 23. We'll see four starting and four on the bench. Habana, JP Pietersen, Beast, and one other starts.

Nyakana, Hendricks, Mohoje, and one other on the bench.

By the way they stated that it should not be interpreted as quotas :)

Add player exodus and to me it looks like a gradual slide that is going to be hard to stop.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm interested to know who will come back from Europe to the Boks this year?

Are the SA super teams struggling because their best players now ply their trade in the Northern Hemisphere?

That's my initial thought and consider it a warning to Australians who want to relax eligibility rules for the Wallabies, but the truth is can't really think of many dead cert starters who will waltz into the Boks from Europe.

Habana and maybe FDP?

But I will say, I watched Lambie on the weekend get the ball in a perfect attacking structure. He turned and ran sideways then kicked a perfect regulation up and under which the Sharks failed to regather. I shook my head and wondered what Lambie could have been had he been born and raised in NZ through the NZ system. The coaches have turned him into a boring little Morne Steyn clone over successive years.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm interested to know who will come back from Europe to the Boks this year?

Are the SA super teams struggling because their best players now ply their trade in the Northern Hemisphere?

That's my initial thought and consider it a warning to Australians who want to relax eligibility rules for the Wallabies, but the truth is can't really think of many dead cert starters who will waltz into the Boks from Europe.

Habana and maybe FDP?

But I will say, I watched Lambie on the weekend get the ball in a perfect attacking structure. He turned and ran sideways then kicked a perfect regulation up and under which the Sharks failed to regather. I shook my head and wondered what Lambie could have been had he been born and raised in NZ through the NZ system. The coaches have turned him into a boring little Morne Steyn clone over successive years.
Yup.

Goldball. Or Jakball Mark II. Whatever you want to call it.

The Bulls piss me off. A couple of weeks ago they move the ball well. This last weekend against the Lions they go back to low risk rugby. The coaches will tell you its hose for courses or some such shite. Lack of gonads to change is what it is.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Jean Deysel was sent off last year against for kicking Jordan Taufua in the face. Sent off in this game for a knee to the head of a player lying on the ground. And then I remembered he did some nasty chokehold on an Australian player some years back. One of the biggest thugs going around right now. I hope his previous history is considered and he is banned for a LONG time.

https://vine.co/v/OlHjwvIViP2

There is No difference IMO between the Tom Carter incident and the Messam one two weeks ago.

In any event the Sharks have a real problem with basic thuggery in their side. The Du Plesis brothers and this idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.