• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 SA vs NZ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Red card for Shorks 12 (Steyn) for dangerous lifting tackle on Cruden. Shorks now playing with 13.

Chiefs kick PG and score is Chiefs 6 Shorks 3 with 28 minutes gone.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Pretty cool Messam commiserating with the Sharks on that card. I went back to watch the earlier ones when I switched this on and missed the third. I'm probably missing another one typing this.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ so far I've only seen the Steyn one but that was pretty obvious as is kicking a guy (BduP), have to see what Elliott did but he does have a rep for brain snaps..................

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good on the ref for handing out those cards. Didn't compromise his duty of care one bit and I respect him for that. I also like that he judged the Steyn tackle on it's merits rather than the outcome. The fact Cruden got up straight away had nothing to do with the offence and he judged it that way.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez not a great advert for the game that one. I thought all 3 cards were deserved, Elliott may have played his way out of ABs with that card, I can't make any excuses for Bismarck anymore he too much of a repeat offender, and Steyns was just plain stupid, I didn't think he tried to hurt Cruden, but it was a red all day long. I know the weather was crap but not really any excuse for the game being that bad!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty incredible stuff, pollard will probably receive criticism for the three red cards but they were all fair responses for both stupid and dangerous acts by the players..
Angus Gardner was the Ref and Marius Jonker was the TMO.

All cards were well deserved IMHO. The Battleship will probably be on the sideline for a while because I think he has used up all his "out of character" and "previous clean record" mitigation pleas already.

Despite the weather, the Chiefs should have put that game away easily especially when they were a man up. It is not as if it doesn't rain or blow in New Zealand.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Didn't a similar thing happen last year as well? The Sharks played the Crusaders I remember. Really early on in the game Jean Deysel was red carded, yet the Sharks managed to come away with the win, in Christchurch playing with 14 men for the majority of the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Chiefs were probably lucky not to lose Messam too with that choke hold on the Sharks player around the same time Bismarck was sent..........

T

TOCC

Wish I'd known Gardiner was refereeing. I could have changed my tip to "rugby will be the loser".

I don't blame Garnder for the stupidity of the players... All of those incidents deserved a red card, I'm glad he set a high standard of punishment for foul play.. Elliot's shoulder charge to the back of the head was just a cheap and dangerous act, and the kick to the face from du Plessis deserves more then just a red card.

I thought Steyns tackle could have gone either way but you can't blame him for pulling a red card.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't a similar thing happen last year as well? The Sharks played the Crusaders I remember. Really early on in the game Jean Deysel was red carded, yet the Sharks managed to come away with the win, in Christchurch playing with 14 men for the majority of the game.

That was for eerily similar circumstances.

Against the CruSadists, Deysel was tackled off the ball and may even have drawn a penalty if he hadn't lashed out with his boot against his tackler.

Last night, The Battleship was tackled without the ball, and similarly lashed out with his foot against his tackler. Really dumb reaction both times.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Unreal. Steyn and Du Plessis.

Overpaid prima donnas. It is so easy to get under their skins. Highly paid professionals with the mental fortitude of 2 year olds who get told they can't have a second helping of ice cream. They are a fucking embarrassment. We call them "Rugby Professionals". One of those two words are well out of place with these juvenile idiots.

And there are people who want Bismarck as Bok captain. Kiss my left buttock. Everything rusts in Durban because of the humidity. Including people's brains.

Steyn will prob get 2 because that's what Gill got and seems to be the norm.

Du Plessis should get 6 and no less. Twat.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Elliot's was the least dangerous but still a red, shoulder charge to the back of Beast's head. Bismarck might get 10 weeks and Steyn 5.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Not surprised by DuPlesis I said years ago that he and his brother were nothing but cheap shot thugs. There is not doubt that Bismark could have been the best hooker in the world by far, but his penchant for cheap thuggery killed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.