• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Schools rowing

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LBA

I would wear good walking shoes or pack the push bike - Island passes are issued by the Host of the Regatta to the best of my knowledge.

Dream on "Rowbuddy" - I don't think Shore would catch the SRC/Mosman composite crew or the straight SRC crew. Those additional couple of years of maturity and training make a huge difference plus the height. One of the Mosman rowers is part erg machine. I also think these young man are way past schoolies traumas some of them left in 2014.

It will be a good race to watch or follow on a bike. But stay back behind that barricade folks - in case the powers that be start issuing fines for traffic infringement. Also I have heard a rumour that Penrith rangers will be out to issue fines for no bike helmets - has anybody else heard that rumour or had experiences of it actually happening??

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
I would wear good walking shoes or pack the push bike - Island passes are issued by the Host of the Regatta to the best of my knowledge.

Dream on "Rowbuddy" - I don't think Shore would catch the SRC/Mosman composite crew or the straight SRC crew. Those additional couple of years of maturity and training make a huge difference plus the height. One of the Mosman rowers is part erg machine. I also think these young man are way past schoolies traumas some of them left in 2014.

It will be a good race to watch or follow on a bike. But stay back behind that barricade folks - in case the powers that be start issuing fines for traffic infringement. Also I have heard a rumour that Penrith rangers will be out to issue fines for no bike helmets - has anybody else heard that rumour or had experiences of it actually happening??

Well if they do, it's about bloody time. While they're about it, they can clear away the 80-100 girlies and parents barracking on the concourse directly in front of the grandstand.

stern-bow

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook pickng and choosing where they want to win again in the iv's this weekend, entering in the 2nd IV race, lets hope kings can run them off

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Cranbrook pickng and choosing where they want to win again in the iv's this weekend, entering in the 2nd IV race, lets hope kings can run them off

Cranbrook has adopted a revolving door policy, it seems. Entered a Year 10 crew in Third VIII and broken the seniors into yet another combo of Fours. Last week two were in quads and doubles, two were rowing down a division in thirds; this week they're back in a four. Can anyone explain why you would run a senior shed like this?

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Meanwhile, over at Scots....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 11.32.23 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 11.32.23 am.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 333

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Cranbrook has adopted a revolving door policy, it seems. Entered a Year 10 crew in Third VIII and broken the seniors into yet another combo of Fours. Last week two were in quads and doubles, two were rowing down a division in thirds; this week they're back in a four. Can anyone explain why you would run a senior shed like this?
Because they're not constrained by a strict GPS event format, they're able to enter all kinds of boats because the NSW Schoolboy Championships have plenty of events to cater for small boats etc. They're kinda lucky in a way being able to configure their crews to individual events.

L

LBA

Yes GPS rowing format could be considered restrictive. From looking at the draws / results once the boys enter into Yr 10 they sweep oar only - they might scull to train but that is it.

It was unusual to see Scots enter a single sculler on the weekend. I do hope he has made a full recovery after achieving 2nd in the final. Taree Regatta 2015 Newington entered some single scullers.

Is the GPS format set in stone? Is there the possibility of change out there ??
Any other little change in the Hen and Chicken draws I have noticed is that St Augustine'ss no longer entering crews. Any reason why?

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Because they're not constrained by a strict GPS event format, they're able to enter all kinds of boats because the NSW Schoolboy Championships have plenty of events to cater for small boats etc. They're kinda lucky in a way being able to configure their crews to individual events.

Sure, they have the freedom to race in lots of categories - like the girls. What I meant is with so many crew changes is consistency just not a priority?

L

LBA

Purely out to win medals ! Maybe that is Cranebrook's priority. Got to be in it to win it.

What individual coaches priorities are is a mystery to me - maybe I should learn to speak Fox. I am fluent in whale but fox I think is beyond my capability.

Speaking of foxes, fish and whales - the chemical treatment used to try and help with the weed problem has not killed the fish - I had a chat to a guy who was a boat driver on the weekend - huge fish living at SIRC breaching over the course.

L

LBA

Before anybody has a go at me - Finding Nemo was a movie released in 2003 and there was a character called Dory who could speak Whale - I was trying to be funny.

Another quote from that movie - just keep swimming just keep swimming - well in this case - Just keep rowing Just keep rowing it is a fabulous sport. Great to see you back and posting again little pig who left us for a while.

I will be watching the live results again this weekend - very keen to see the results of MO 8+

ShoreOB

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone know what happened to Shore, unhappy to see them go hiding last race at SIRC before the big day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShoreOB

Bob McCowan (2)
Not all GPS schools enter that race as its on a Sunday, the SRC regatta is usually the day before the Schoolboy HOR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgar Ijmuiden

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes GPS rowing format could be considered restrictive. From looking at the draws / results once the boys enter into Yr 10 they sweep oar only - they might scull to train but that is it.

It was unusual to see Scots enter a single sculler on the weekend. I do hope he has made a full recovery after achieving 2nd in the final. Taree Regatta 2015 Newington entered some single scullers.

Is the GPS format set in stone? Is there the possibility of change out there ??
Any other little change in the Hen and Chicken draws I have noticed is that St Augustine'ss no longer entering crews. Any reason why?

Some one earlier wrote that St Aug, Cranbrook & Co need GPS, but GPS don't need them. I guess here is a change. I have seen those schools and Redlands, Kinross at Small Boat Regatta, racing in ACT and other Club events i.e. St Aug in MB4- at Reindeer etc....H&C is inconvenient for most sheds, which are not on the River and have to travel for just 1k.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 1st VIII fluffs the start again. As one who predicted that they would win 2016, I am confounded by their incompetence in the last 2 weeks. If KT is foxing then he should be given an Academy Award, not the Rennie.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Some one earlier wrote that St Aug, Cranbrook & Co need GPS, but GPS don't need them. I guess here is a change. I have seen those schools and Redlands, Kinross at Small Boat Regatta, racing in ACT and other Club events i.e. St Aug in MB4- at Reindeer etc..H&C is inconvenient for most sheds, which are not on the River and have to travel for just 1k.

While I am not a fan of H+C, it is 1500m not 1k and is convenient for "most sheds" - that is, GPS sheds - as they are indeed "on the river."

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 1st VIII fluffs the start again. As one who predicted that they would win 2016, I am confounded by their incompetence in the last 2 weeks. If KT is foxing then he should be given an Academy Award, not the Rennie.
No second chances at hor. Miss the start and its too bad so sad

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

LuvToRo

Chris McKivat (8)

Didn't hear of or see them miss the start at the NSW State Championships. Maybe that was more of an honest reflection of where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.