• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Schools rowing

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
The video of the NSW schoolboys race was not my work, its available within Utube. I suspect, but cant be certain, that this Saturdays races will be available too.

SBrow

Larry Dwyer (12)
Absolutely stunning video for an amazing crew

Visually pleasing yes, but the video fails to actually pump the boys up for head of the river, something which is rarely done. I do like it, just not as much as some of my favourites, 2015 Scots, 2014 Kings, both great videos bringing the whole sheds together.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Visually pleasing yes, but the video fails to actually pump the boys up for head of the river, something which is rarely done. I do like it, just not as much as some of my favourites, 2015 Scots, 2014 Kings, both great videos bringing the whole sheds together.

Agree. Nice shots and all, but not inspirational.

I also would like to see a few other crews included, in both the Shore and New send offs.

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
Hello all, I apologise for my absence as I have been curing the ebola ridden lands of west Africa. Shall we start giving some HOTR predictions with only one day left.

1. Shore
2 Joeys
3. Scots
4. Newington
5 Kings
6 Riverview
7 Grammer
8 High

Major Rennie

Herbert Moran (7)
No complaints with that. Shore VIII is a very very good crew. Maybe the best GPS crew in the last 10 years. Scary thing is that a number are in year 11 as is the 2nd VIII crew plus this years Yr 10 1st VIII is also very strong.

Good luck to all the crews, especially those in the blue/white from North Sydney.

MR

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No complaints with that. Shore VIII is a very very good crew. Maybe the best GPS crew in the last 10 years. Scary thing is that a number are in year 11 as is the 2nd VIII crew plus this years Yr 10 1st VIII is also very strong.

Good luck to all the crews, especially those in the blue/white from North Sydney.

MR

As a very old timer I have to say that the posted video of the Shore VIII demonstrated an absolutely class crew. Excellent blade work to my once trained eyes. Sensational looking rower in about the 6 seat.
And their first 500m in the State Champs was very very good.
Anyone who beats them will be superb.

6Terq

Frank Row (1)

Favourite video so far, brings the whole shed together, edited well, I can imagine it would have evoked a good response from the boys

Liam Robertson

Peter Burge (5)
Sorry for my absence on the forum, I've just been busy finishing my novel which is soon to be published.

2016 - Year of the Tandem????

Predictions:
1. Shore
2. Joeys
3. Kings
4. Newington
5. Scots
6. Ignatius
7. Grammar
8. High

For those active members on the forum, who will be attending tomorrow, how about meeting just behind the grandstand for a chat and coffee?

Excited to see you all there tomorrow!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Yep. Kings video pretty well done. Nice switch of editing rhythm and some good photography. Throwing in Nugget v/o from 1984(?) adds a nice dimension. Only comment would be it is a bit over length (but you have to fit the crews in).

1. Shore
2. Joeys
3. Newington
4. Riverview
5. Kings
6. Scots
7. Grammar
8. High

Status
Not open for further replies.