• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 TV ratings and crowd figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
It's simple...

Start winning and playing good footy and the crowds will come. Supporters forget pretty quickly, look at the Kings, last year they could not get two people through the door and this year after a few good wins (And playing well) crowd have increased dramatically. against the Brumbies it looked pretty packed.

Couple of my mates are off the Tahs this year, not even free tickets will drag them to Allianz, if the Tahs win the next 2 rounds in NZ they will be back at Allianz no problems,

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Maybe it is the other way around, old chap. The ratings have been declining for a fair while now, as have the crowds. So maybe drastic action is called for?

Do you really believe that viewers decide not to watch games because of off-field issues?

Both the NRL and AFL have had far worse off-field issues than ours. Their ratings and attendances seem to be have held up reasonably well through doping scandals, domestic violence atrocities, recreational drug bans, you name it, they have had it.

Are you seriously suggesting unreported rating figures are higher than reported one. Does your credibility no good.

As to ratings my thoughts are well published and understood I throught . I think its because we lack enough Australian sides and Australian matches.

I don't believe off field issues have an immediate effect. However they can inhibit new people coming across and without other constant NRL & AFL media saying how great they are ===== yes it does hurt.

On another issue and I keep making this point. Australian teams playing in Australia rate the highest. As a former CEO would you not play to your strengths if you need to lift. Whereas our worst ratings in poor time zones yet we introduce more games in non friendly time zones because our masters at S need to be obeyed and look for new revenue. Makes no sense to me.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
@MediaweekAUS: Sat TV #SuperRugby #FoxSports
SUNvCHE 26k

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Good to know there are least 26k rusted on supporters that will watch any game.
PS Interestingly #HIGVWAR was trending at #3 on Aussie twitter for a large part of the game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
12,040 at Suncorp tonight

That's counting roof sparrows, caterers, security, cleaners, and 'members that just couldn't make it'.

I know Suncorp well like many posters here - no way in hell was Suncorp near 25% full for that game.

Clearly the Reds and Tahs management exchange ideas re how to 'define our respective crowds' demographic in a helpful manner'.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
@MediaweekAUS: Sat STV #Rugby #FoxSports

Barb v Lions 76k
CHIvWAR 45k
BRUvREB 42k
CRUvHIG 37k
FORvHUR 26k

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Those are remarkable figures Strewth. 76k watched the Lions/NZ Baa baas but only 45k and 42k for the preceding and following matches respectively. Where did the extra 30k odd viewers come from and where did they go?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
For mine BR, watching Box Hill from 12-5pm, home to watch the BILs then recorded the Rebels game for later viewing.

I'd imagine there'd be a lot of expat Rugby tragics around the country who'd have done the same thing, but lacked the inventive to continue watching.a

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For mine BR, watching Box Hill from 12-5pm, home to watch the BILs then recorded the Rebels game for later viewing.

I'd imagine there'd be a lot of expat Rugby tragics around the country who'd have done the same thing, but lacked the inventive to continue watching.a

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alternatively (or additionally), I reckon there's a lot of Aussie rugby die-hards that

(a) are sick to the back teeth from watching poor Aus Super performances and especially us being mostly thrashed by NZ teams and

(b) would rightly expect to see an overall higher standard of play BIL v NZ Prov Baa-Baas and would preference that viewing over Super Rugby viewing

Anecdotally only, I had many texts from Brisbane rugby mates in effect telling me they weren't going to watch the Super games but would watch the BIL in NZ games (all of them).

T

TOCC

I watched the lions, turned it off for the Super Rugby...

Why? Because SANZAAAR and the ARU cronies have sucked the emotional oxygen from Super Rugby for me this season. In addition, the skill set on display by Australian teams is poor at best.

British Irish Lions and NZ Maoris are the cream of the crop, why wouldn't I want to watch them?

Status
Not open for further replies.