• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 TV ratings and crowd figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The_wookie may have more records but I think that's easily the lowest rating Wallaby test match in Australia.

Don't think we've ever had less than 200k on FTA or 150k on Foxtel

T

TOCC

Are we really surprised?
Those figures, both broadcast ratings and crowds are a reflection of the current state of play in Australian Rugby, the warning signs have been there for months, believing that the current sentiment created by the ARU and the performances of the OZ Super Rugby teams wouldn't flow onto the Wallabies would be nothing short of naive.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^ and apart from one off special events such as the Lions we have had a downward trend for a long time with brief up-kicks for Tahs and Reds success.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Will be interesting to see crowds & ratings for these games especially the ones in Perth if the Force get chopped.

Scotland 17 June , Sydney

Italy 24 June, Suncorp

All Blacks 19 August, Sydney

South Africa 9 September, Perth

Argentina 16 September, Perth

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
T

TOCC

Finally dumped my Foxtel due to lack of interest, first time in years, the funny thing is my reasons for keeping it weren't because of Oz Super Rugby teams, rather watching the current B&I Lions series which has been awesome viewing, but still hard to justify the $60/month for just 1 game a week.

D

daz

The_wookie may have more records but I think that's easily the lowest rating Wallaby test match in Australia.

Don't think we've ever had less than 200k on FTA or 150k on Foxtel

So based on that, it might be nice if the comments around "Melbourne not deserving Super Rugby or Test rugby because of poor crowds" are now shut down.

No one else in Oz is watching either.

L

Leo86

Will be interesting to see crowds & ratings for these games especially the ones in Perth if the Force get chopped.

Scotland 17 June , Sydney

Italy 24 June, Suncorp

All Blacks 19 August, Sydney

South Africa 9 September, Perth

Argentina 16 September, Perth

Argies in Perth, last year. 16200 by memory

Argies are in Canberra this year

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Finally dumped my Foxtel due to lack of interest, first time in years, the funny thing is my reasons for keeping it weren't because of Oz Super Rugby teams, rather watching the current B&I Lions series which has been awesome viewing, but still hard to justify the $60/month for just 1 game a week.

Game of Thrones in 2.5 weeks.:) Its why I am hanging on, and the other international tests. The Ireland V USA test last week was very entertaining, and watching the Kiwi Super sides play each other.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Yes GOT. I've had foxtel for years and will continue to do so. Love my Rugby. Best thing about Foxtel now is the new streaming format like Netflix (honestly the only way that they will be compete). Pick what you want f... the rest. Too many channels that I seriously have zero interest in.

I read an interesting article about TV is moving away from ratings, subscription is the way forward. For me as long as they keep proving rugby content they have my dollars.

Game of Thrones in 2.5 weeks.:) Its why I am hanging on, and the other international tests. The Ireland V USA test last week was very entertaining, and watching the Kiwi Super sides play each other.

T

TOCC

It's funny, i informed Foxtel by email that I wanted to quit, I then received a couple of phone calls from Foxtel trying to persuade me to stay. They were offering the basic package and sports package for $26/month for the next 6 months, or instead of sport offered me the movies and documentary packages free for the next 12 months on non-lock-in contracts, so $26/month for what would normal cost $60momth.

So, for anyone considering cutting costs, Foxtel are willing to negotiate a lower price if you threaten to leave.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's funny, i informed Foxtel by email that I wanted to quit, I then received a couple of phone calls from Foxtel trying to persuade me to stay. They were offering the basic package and sports package for $26/month for the next 6 months, or instead of sport offered me the movies and documentary packages free for the next 12 months on non-lock-in contracts, so $26/month for what would normal cost $60momth.

So, for anyone considering cutting costs, Foxtel are willing to negotiate a lower price if you threaten to leave.

I think that makes sense: there's no marginal cost to keeping you subscribed. I think.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We should have a GoT First XV. Obviously, a Clegane second row, although Brienne could be a smokey.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Fantastic result for us. A full rugby international on a main channel beats a local netball game on a minor channel. Just.
Netball was on nine's main channel in prime time in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. They'll be a bit disappointed with those ratings I reckon.

The rugby ratings have absolutely tanked in Perth. Not too bad everywhere else but disappearing out west

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The rugby ratings have absolutely ranked in Perth. Not too bad everywhere else but disappearing out west

Just wait for when the ARU says something along the lines of: "we cut the force because ratings tanked" like fuck off you caused it by dragging the whole thing out

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just wait for when the ARU says something along the lines of: "we cut the force because ratings tanked" like fuck off you caused it by dragging the whole thing out

So people stop watching rugby because the Force might be cut? Okay. That speaks volumes for their love of the game. Sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.