• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 TV ratings and crowd figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
How do they calculate this?

E.g. how is a pub viewed? Where its a single signal but dozens of people watching it?

I watched at the pub on Satdee night but will putting both TVs on the channel and whipping out my laptop with Foxtel Go boost the numbers in anyway? (albeit marginally)
Pub's not counted in these ratings. It's a household survey only.

Any show (including recorded) watched before 2am is included.

Unless you are in the survey group (and you'd know if you were!) what you do makes no difference whatsoever to the ratings figures.

(Foxtel might take note of the streaming counts though)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Pub's not counted in these ratings. It's a household survey only.

Any show (including recorded) watched before 2am is included.

Unless you are in the survey group (and you'd know if you were!) what you do makes no difference whatsoever to the ratings figures.

(Foxtel might take note of the streaming counts though)

Would be intereseting to see if they inclide Foxtel Play figures. As that's what I use to watch my Rugby.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Would be intereseting to see if they inclide Foxtel Play figures. As that's what I use to watch my Rugby.
The ratings counters actually use audio to detect what's being watchhed iirc, so if you used Foxtel play, and had a ratings survey box, you'd be included in the rating number.

Again though, the official ratings only count their sample. If you're not in the sample, you won't be counted

Gareth

Frank Row (1)
Well I know that the ARU with its Super20s comp had 45,000 live views for its QLD game and 37,000 Live for its NSW match. these are real numbers from Individual IP addresses. The sooner people realise that access to everyone Livestream is actually more accurate and has more potential than TV, the better.

FTA network ratings are absolute rubbish and OzTam is owned by the networks - Fox sports is a little more accurate, but in reality in the digital age of TV they should be able to measure each household across Australia, instead they come up with a formula which pits the average household audience at 5 I believe. Pretty sure the last time I sat down and watched a game of footy on TV it was just me my young bloke while the hugs n kisses sat in another room and watched netflix. So the numbers are inflated definately, and I second guess the numbers around womens sport as its simply broadcasters trying to inflate their product to sell advertising.

Anyway its worth discussing.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Really interested to see this pop up in the last two days.

There's also a version which gives you the League Channel instead of Fox Footy.

Surely this will be a good buy for people who don't want to pay the $60 a month for Foxtel but want to watch Super Rugby, even though I assume it won't affect the ratings figures? The ARU should be pushing this information out far and wide, you'd think

T

TOCC

I've actually subscribed for this..

I'm cancelling my old newspaper and Foxtel subscription and signed up for this.. it would have cost me $950/year previously and will now cost me $520/year.

Obviously I lose the HD aspect of Foxtel, but.. HD isn't worth $400/year IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I've actually subscribed for this..

I'm cancelling my old newspaper and Foxtel subscription and signed up for this.. it would have cost me $950/year previously and will now cost me $520/year.

Obviously I lose the HD aspect of Foxtel, but.. HD isn't worth $400/year IMO.

And you lose MTV, Fox 8... hahaha

T

TOCC

As long as I can watch grand designs Australian

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I did it last year. It is pretty clunky. A process to sign in and the quality is way off what you normally get with Fox. It's the internet and is glitchey. But on the up side, it goes with you everywhere, so when you are in the caravan up the coast you can dial in on your phone/devise, so long as you have a good data plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.