Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by BAR, Jun 7, 2018.
Share your news on the NSWJRU State Championships
With the long weekend approaching I thought we should open up discussion on this weekend’s activities and provide an avenue to share news over the weekend.
Last night I learned of the withdrawal of the Central West team from the U15s. A big surprise for me because in this age group they have been a competitive team with talented players. I have enjoyed watching them play over the last few State Champs.
Venues for this weekends State Championships
June Long weekend (9th – 11th June, 2018)
· U11’s – Lindfield Junior Rugby Club, Koola Park at East Killara
· U12’s – Camden Rugby Club, Camden Rugby Park at Camden
· U13’s – Nelson Bay Rugby Club, Salamander Bay Sports Complex at Port Stephens *(moved to nearby ovals)
· U14’s – Orange City & Orange Emus Rugby Clubs, Endeavour Oval at Orange
· U15 Boys – Wests Juniors, Concord Oval/St Lukes at Concord
· U15 Girls – Wests Juniors, Concord Oval/St Lukes at Concord
· U16’s – Drummoyne Junior Rugby, Drummoyne Oval and Taplin Oval at Drummoyne *(Finals at Drummoyne now)
· U17 Girls – Wests Juniors, Concord Oval/St Lukes at Concord.
· Opens - Wests Juniors, Concord Oval/St Lukes at Concord.
Sunday 22nd July, 2018
· U10’s – Narrabeen Rugby Club, North Narrabeen Reserve at Narrabeen.
Yes unfortunately that is the case, about 10 of the boys are from the Stannies 15A and have been able to keep club and school happy up to this point. But with some Bi Laws in the Central West comp the boys were ineligible to play because they did not play 5 club games last year. The boys were dragged in late for country championships because CW could not make a side but were a little off the pace and lets just say the coaching is not to the same standard as you may have witnessed in previous years. So with some injuries and some unavailability's a side could not be put together for State Champs.
Would be great to hear some updates on the carnival.
Really sorry to hear that...as BAR said, they were always a very good team and good to watch.
Thanks for the update CB. We will miss seeing them. (Has made for some interesting changes in the draw). Will try to post some updates. Hopefully we can hear from some of the other age groups too.
With so many age groups (boys and girls) in action at our venue it's going to be hard to pick which games to watch when our boys aren't in action.
State Champs is not just about the boys this year - our girls will be on show at Concord in the U15 and U17 ages.
U15 Girls State Champs draw - St Lukes, Concord
U17 Girls State Champs Draw - St Lukes & Rothwell Park
U16 Boys State Champs Draw - Drummoyne Oval
U15 Boys State Champs Draw - St Lukes, Concord
U18 City vs Country fixture - Monday 11th June, 3pm on Concord Oval
Final feature game of the 2018 NSWJRU State Champs. NSWJRU U18 jerseys up for grabs.
U14 Boys State Champs Draw - Orange, NSW
U13 Boys State Champs Draw - Nelson Bay, Port Stephens
U12 State Champs Draw - Camden Rugby Park
U11 State Champs Draw - Koola Park, Killara East
Opens State Champs Draw - Concord Oval
News from Port Stephens
Central North news
Country U18s news
Separate names with a comma.