• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I saw an article yesterday, apparently RA have lodged a formal complaint to World Rugby - it's not specifically about that one decision I gather, more the inconsistencies with Mo'unga going over the allotted 90 seconds for his conversions, etc and not giving the referee and TMO's so much discretion with random uncalled for, even previously unheard of, decisions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Think that's a bit of a political loser IMO. Was a harsh but, arguably, justifiable decision (I don't agree with it but it's certainly within the refs power to call). Going after a ref in an official manner will just put all refs offside.

They shouldn't be fighting the coming Swain ban either. Dude fully intended to break as many ligaments as possible.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
I sat and watched my clock for 39 secs and Christ that's a long time to make a kick! Having done this, I am of the opinion that it is all on Foley.
I don’t disagree that he took to long but as its been said on other threads he allowed Richey to get away with 90 seconds at the 70 min mark to take a penalty kick? All I ask for is consistency and unfortunately Mr Raynal is one of the most inconsistent going around. IMO
If we want a fast game all brakes in play need to be shorter.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don’t disagree that he took to long but as its been said on other threads he allowed Richey to get away with 90 seconds at the 70 min mark to take a penalty kick? All I ask for is consistency and unfortunately Mr Raynal is one of the most inconsistent going around. IMO
If we want a fast game all brakes in play need to be shorter.
And get rid of the "water break" which is really code for "our forwards are stuffed and can't run"

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Narr was seats
The stadium was packed. The only available seats by kickoff were a handful up on the top tier near the scoreboard where the view is somewhat obstructed.

During the game there were a decent number of people that wanted to stand and watch so they do that behind the seating area, hence why there could've been moments on the screen that had empty seats

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The stadium was packed. The only available seats by kickoff were a handful up on the top tier near the scoreboard where the view is somewhat obstructed.

During the game there were a decent number of people that wanted to stand and watch so they do that behind the seating area, hence why there could've been moments on the screen that had empty seats
Also Marvel has a tonne of corporate boxes, and their seats are always half empty as they waffle down overcooked party pies inside the box.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Also Marvel has a tonne of corporate boxes, and their seats are always half empty as they waffle down overcooked party pies inside the box.

Not to be one of those guys but when your in a corporate you don't get a seat outside the box. They have proper luncheons in the dinning halls that once the luncheon is over you go to your seat but the box your actually just in the box

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not to be one of those guys but when your in a corporate you don't get a seat outside the box. They have proper luncheons in the dinning halls that once the luncheon is over you go to your seat but the box your actually just in the box
Really? I've had boxes with their own little balconies before, you can sit inside the box and drink/eat watch through the windows or on the tv, or you can go onto the balcony where there are rows of seats.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Really? I've had boxes with their own little balconies before, you can sit inside the box and drink/eat watch through the windows or on the tv, or you can go onto the balcony where there are rows of seats.

ah thats what i men't sorry the seat is actually in the box, as a viewer the boxes at marvel are way better than the mcg

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I couldn't resist. haha. ;)
I'm literally not even that too far removed, I think Newells isn't good either and should be pinged. It just isn't even ballpark, the same as Swain's. It's literally just so damn obvious I wouldn't think it would need explained.
Better footage
Actually looks to be a pretty similar ballpark but just with a better outcome.
Not that I want to reopen that topic again but thought the less grainy footage was interesting while we await the judiciary’s findings

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Not sure if The Roar going down those types of rabbit holes is useful in the long term. Rule changes sometimes need sacrificial lambs, particularly ones designed to address player safety.

I think Kiwis suggesting Swain's intent was to maim his opponent are smoking something funny, but the fact remains that he engaged dangerously, resulting in a lifelong injury (I know Tupaea will return but I have enough experience with orthopaedic surgery to know what 'recovery' looks like). The ban is as much punishment as it is deterrent.

What's the Chinese proverb? Kill the chicken to scare the monkeys.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Not sure if The Roar going down those types of rabbit holes is useful in the long term. Rule changes sometimes need sacrificial lambs, particularly ones designed to address player safety.

I think Kiwis suggesting Swain's intent was to maim his opponent are smoking something funny, but the fact remains that he engaged dangerously, resulting in a lifelong injury (I know Tupaea will return but I have enough experience with orthopaedic surgery to know what 'recovery' looks like). The ban is as much punishment as it is deterrent.

That theory hasn’t worked with high tackles and it won’t work with this. These are split second movements in a highly physical game

anyone that thinks the next time some guy is flying into a ruck that he will think “Darcy Swain got carded for this, I better stop and re evaluate the situation” has never played the game

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I think that's a fair point but it's worth testing against trend and prevalence vs. high profile "one-off" incidents. High tackle laws have certainly resulted in significantly more penalties and cards - the test though will be if they result in fewer concussions.

tragic

John Solomon (38)

Depends on whether it’s MCL (which the mechanism is consistent with) or ACL as well. ACL and his knee will never be quite the same with long term issues. MCL not so much.
The original reports said both then it was amended to MCL with time off down to 3 months.
I hope for his sake it is MCL only.
The truth will come out post judiciary when no outcome pressure is needed.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wonder why the judicial review was yesterday but no outcome yet
TodayThe Judicial Committee for the Hearing will be Andre Oosthuizen SC (Chair), De Wet Barry and José Luis Rolandi and it will be held via video conference on Wednesday at 5:00pm (AEST). Tupaea will miss several months after suffering knee ligament damage. The tackle enraged the New Zealanders. "I feel for Quinn," said Beauden Barrett.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am expecting to get howled down but I am not writing Swain off over this. The previous head tap was a stupid childish thing to do, a real head butt would have knocked him out. This one is another stupid thing, grabbing a guys leg in a ruck, the Kiwis would have us believe that he knew he was going to cause some serious injury, my take is how the hell would he know the guy's leg would collapse like that?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I am expecting to get howled down but I am not writing Swain off over this. The previous head tap was a stupid childish thing to do, a real head butt would have knocked him out. This one is another stupid thing, grabbing a guys leg in a ruck, the Kiwis would have us believe that he knew he was going to cause some serious injury, my take is how the hell would he know the guy's leg would collapse like that?
Most people know knees don't bend sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.