• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2024 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Kings, who do you fancy @Professor62
With the introduction of JB, I believe that SHORE will be in high contention, same with VIEW as the culture within the shed is so strong. KINGS will be somewhere in the mix as well, not sure who's coming back from their yr10 8 although, could definitely hurt them. I can also confirm that the SHORE 2 8 coach is Ollie Smith, the VIEW yr10 8 coach who is building and carrying the VIEW culture back into SHORE.
-Professor

Reactions: FCD

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
1. Kings
2. Riverview
3. Shore
4. Joeys
5. New
6. Scots
7. Grammar
8. High
Scots 1st VIII always seem to outperform relative to the rest of the shed so I’d never discount them.
Grammar has their best junior 8 last year in a decade, don’t know if will translate into anything for Opens.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Scots 1st VIII always seem to outperform relative to the rest of the shed so I’d never discount them.
Grammar has their best junior 8 last year in a decade, don’t know if will translate into anything for Opens.
A lot of those Grammar Yr 10 boys rowed up for the 1st VIII in the final weeks of last season and for the HOTR but at least one is leaving, they're Yr 10 VIII came 2nd in 2019 so the challenge is translating it into open success

Would love your thoughts on this. Has become a sort of thing to call the social teams of rowing 'vegetable VIII's'. Is this acceptable today? A friend was complaining about this term being thrown about as a term of endearment in the View shed, and same with Kings.

how will the suspension of many members of King's last season 1st Jun 8 and 2nd Jun 8 affect their shed? To miss out on training at such a critical time seems to be highly disadvantageous to the TKS Rowing Shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.