• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2024 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
From what I can see in the 1st Yr 10 VIII, the IVs and the 2nd 8 this is my idea.

Bow: Alex Smith
2: Jasper Halstead
3: Preston Scott
4: Rory Hall
5: Henry Marshall
6: Liam Macfarlane
7: Charles Galligan
Stroke: Ben Muffett

Open to suggestions for changes @Professor62 @rugbyAU
I think that sounds about right, but at this stage TKS, Riverview and joeys will have a stronger 8

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Predicted Riverview Crew for 2024

Bow: Tom Johnston
2: Harrison Davis
3: Jack Simmon
4: Zac Hyde
5: Sebastian Zukerman
6: Pheonix Graham
7: Ambrose Hennessy
Stroke: Charlie Harrison

Little less confident on this one however

My prediction for the Riverview first 8

Bow: paddy Ryan
2: jack simmon
3: Tom furlong
4: Walter “the man from Malta” walker
5: James hehir
6: Al Brown
7: pheonix gramam
Stroke: jack Thompson

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
From what I can see in the 1st Yr 10 VIII, the IVs and the 2nd 8 this is my idea.

Another person I would throw into the mix would be Josh Frape (year 10), has been preforming well in the skulls and on the erg from what I have heard. I could see him moving into the 3/2 seat role.
-Professor

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)

Just a change of order (I know still early days).
3: Josh Frape
4: Harry Marshall
5: Liam Mcfarlane
6: Charlie Galligan
7: Preston Scott
Stroke: Ben Muffet

isacc_fanua

Bob McCowan (2)
everyone just letting you know i will be returning to rowing this year and securing my place on the throne with the Major Rennie at my side. Kings shall be victorious!!!

Yes I have also been pondering the same question who will be the riverview 5th 8 stroke last year it was my son Sam Polich and many years ago it was myself but from what my little champion Sam has told me is that DANGEROUS DOM is in the running so it seems there is some competition this year.

So put your votes in:
will it be
1. Sam Polich
2. Dangerous Dom
3. Outside contender

TheCarefulKingsman

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard Edward thorp might be coxing the 1st 4 this year due to some conflict with some of the 1st and 2nd 8 boys down at the shed meaning Lachlan Horton will be filling in the 2nd 8.
I was informed he was apparently coxing 2nd 8 or the 1st 4. Even though he's in yr 11. Apparently the cox for the 1st 8 is in yr 10! Didn't Ed Thorp cox the year 10 1st 8 in 2021 which went on to win the 1st 8 HOTR and Nationals in 2023, and still hold the fastest time for a year 10 crew In the AAGPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.