• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2024 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Im sure that will do wonders for the morale at the Kings Boatshed!
On the contrary he wants to stay. Looking to balance his rugby commitments so is a watching brief. Last year’s Junior 8 crew were very tight, had a great season and continued to add to the fantastic culture in the shed.
Please do not spread falsehoods about children.

On the contrary he wants to stay. Looking to balance his rugby commitments so is a watching brief. Last year’s Junior 8 crew were very tight, had a great season and continued to add to the fantastic culture in the shed.
Please do not spread falsehoods about children.
Apparently, we have vastly differing sources. Perhaps someone is pulling my leg. Lets just wait and see (and hope that such a fantastic crew does not fall apart).

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Staying on the topic of Shore, their 1st VIII pulled a 6:13.81, far and away their worst result since records at SIRC began in 1999. The only other time that matches near that number was a 6:21.50 in 2006, but yet again the winner of that race pulled a 6:15.20. Heads have got to be rolling considering a program that was as strong and dominant as theirs.

You can't be strong all the time. In the late 80's / early 90's Shore was very strong in the Junior crews but not as strong in the senior crews, esp the eights. Shore has had a lot of success in the recent years. They will be come good again!

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Big word out of Shore, sources saying that 1st VIII Coach David Jennings (who has Coached since 2007) will be departing the role to take up a position in the Year 10 VIII's. No replacement has been confirmed (to me at least) but a major change given that he won over 9 Head of the Rivers in His time. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big word out of Shore, sources saying that 1st VIII Coach David Jennings (who has Coached since 2007) will be departing the role to take up a position in the Year 10 VIII's. No replacement has been confirmed (to me at least) but a major change given that he won over 8 Head of the Rivers in His time. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Won nine with five second placings

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Big word out of Shore, sources saying that 1st VIII Coach David Jennings (who has Coached since 2007) will be departing the role to take up a position in the Year 10 VIII's. No replacement has been confirmed (to me at least) but a major change given that he won over 9 Head of the Rivers in His time. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Maybe he needs to get stuck in to develop the younger years for future success in the Opens

Agent

Bill Watson (15)

Bring back Gary

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
My mail is Jennings to Yr10 and, drum roll, the inimitable Jason Baker will be coaching 1st VIII! o_O

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know why Jennings not doing the first VIII after 16 seasons, obviously not had the results in the last season but were they looking for someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.