• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted crew for 2025 Kings

Stroke: Luke Fleet - Year 12 2025 (2nd 8 winner 2024)

7: Will Farrah - Year 12 2025 (Only year 11 boy in 1st 8 2024, 3 seat, nationals champion).

6: Lachlan Tindal - Year 11 2025 (2nd in Aus under 17 Skull, 2nd 8 winner 2024)

5: Isaac Fonua - Year 12 2025 (3rd 4 winners with no training, rumour has that will come back to shed to make 1 8 next year)

4: Harry Bodman - Year 12 2025 (New from Canberra Grammar in 2024, 1st 4)

3: Hamish Matthews - Year 11 2025 ( 5 Seat 1st Jnr 8 2024)

2: Nick Platis - Year 11 2025 (Stroke 1st jnr 8 2024)

Bow : Lachlan Rogers - Year 11 2025 (7 Seat 1st Junior 8 2024)

Cox: No idea

Let me know your thoughts, quite a promising crew if i say so myself. Definitely think shore and view to be favourites after a strong finish of the 2024 season but wouldn't be writing off Kings.

Would also like to see a predicted Shore and View 8's.

- Batman
I can see Fonua being a IV racer again this season as he would take his rugby more seriously.

Thefootymanz

Bob McCowan (2)
Stroke - Fleet
7 - Farrah
6 - Millward
5 - Tindal
4 - Fonua
3 - Rogers
2 - Platis
Bow - Bodman
Cox - Hodgson
Interesting crew but Fonua and Farrah may not be lock in spots for this crew as rugby will play a huge part. Although Millward is an interesting pick as Matthews I believe would add some serious power to next years kings 1st VIII.

cheers,

Is Gerber not in year 12? He was in a GPS boat for 2 years.
He started GPS Coxing in year 9 with the 3rd IV. Watson (Kings 2VIII cox) is the same, but started 4th IV and hence they maintained that order this year (now that they are in year10) when they were moved up to 1st and 2nd VIII. Interestingly, Kings pretty much had to rebuild its coxing 'fleet' this year:
1. Kladnig (1st VIII 23) graduated
2. Galvins (2nd VIII 23) quit rowing altogether
3. Lawson (1st IV 23) took up rowing instead of coxing
4. Tran (2nd IV 23) quit rowing altogether
5. Seaton-Cooper (1st Junior 23) quit rowing altogether
6. Hill (2nd Junior 23) took up rowing instead of coxing

Last edited:

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
He started GPS Coxing in year 9 with the 3rd IV. Watson (Kings 2VIII cox) is the same, but started 4th IV and hence they maintained that order this year (now that they are in year10) when they were moved up to 1st and 2nd VIII. Interestingly, Kings pretty much had to rebuild its coxing 'fleet' this year:
1. Kladnig (1st VIII 23) graduated
2. Galvins (2nd VIII 23) quit rowing altogether
3. Lawson (1st IV 23) took up rowing instead of coxing
4. Tran (2nd IV 23) quit rowing altogether
5. Seaton-Cooper (1st Junior 23) quit rowing altogether
6. Hill (2nd Junior 23) took up rowing instead of coxing
So assuming everyone returns, Gerber and Watson hold their spots, and Hodgson goes to the First IV?

The President

Frank Nicholson (4)
Shore Crew:

Stroke: Harvey
7: Halstead
6: McHutchinson
5: Galligan
4: Frape
3: Kellett
2: Wyles
Bow: Paris
Coxswain: Zhu
Would have to imagine there would have to be some adaptation to start the season considering you have named 6 bowsiders. Could also see Leahy make good push for Coxswain as well

The President

Frank Nicholson (4)
Will this new shore crew be stronger or weaker then the crew we’ve seen the last couple weeks?
Shore, very closely followed by Ignatius, Then daylight to Kings. The 2025 Shore crew looks like it could be the crew to break the drought from 2019

Last edited: