• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Morgan Freeman

Frank Row (1)
Harvey (E)
Galligan (E)
Field (I)
McGrath (I)
Hyles (I)
Dooley (J)
Farrah (K)
Slack (G)
Cox: Burton (I)/Zhu (E)

There are a few tough outs here:

Fleet (K), Edwards (E), De Hennin (N), Berkelouw (G), Hyde (I) namely.
Think this is close, I’d probably have Hyde in over Slack however.

The J..... Junkie

Frank Row (1)
Scots have a strong crew next year, a big loss in losing Edison Low and potentially their cox Conrad Petite Low, but have some big potential with boys like Max berkalow and Henry Merrion (Noah Merrion's Brother) and Charles white coming up from the 1st Junior viii. Keen for the coming season

Any GPS projections for 2025?

- The Junkie

Last edited:

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scots have a strong crew next year, a big loss in losing Edison Low and potentially their cox Conrad Petite Low, but have some big potential with boys like Max berkalow and Henry Merrion (Noah Merrion's Brother) and Charles white coming up from the 1st Junior viii. Keen for the coming season

Any GPS projections for 2025?

- The Junkie
With the pathetic performance that was head of the river this year, I don't think a clean out of the VIII would hurt Scots. Seventh for a crew with their resources and pedigree is pretty disappointing, and I am sure even more so for supporters of the school and their shed.

Tom_Skibidi69

Frank Row (1)
I agree with you Junkie, the Scot's 1st junior VIII didn't have the result they wanted this year but definitely has some potential. Especially in the stern 4 with Big Deanos Lowe and Max Berkelouw. But also in the bow pair with petite Henry Merrion and Charles White. They have some depth with the watt monster Tom Beck in the 2 Jun also. Definitely keep you're eye out for these potential greats.

Tom Skibidi

Last edited:

The J..... Junkie

Frank Row (1)
With the pathetic performance that was head of the river this year, I don't think a clean out of the VIII would hurt Scots. Seventh for a crew with their resources and pedigree is pretty disappointing, and I am sure even more so for supporters of the school and their shed.

Starting off, I agree with you, scot's new head of rowing has done wonders for the crews this year, whether he will continue to stay at the college is a different story.

But with only 6 year 12 boys in the whole program they were very restricted with their talent and size among their crews, head of the river was a utter disappointment for all of scots, but compared to previous results throughout the season they had the ability to much better, and had done so.

2025 will be a huge season for scots, either big win or another huge loss, huge potential coming from the juniors 8's with a all new winter program made to "Boost" the program, but they will need more than a boost to get them back on track.

- The Junkie

LegsBodyArms

Frank Row (1)
Nicholas Walsh I've been hearing a lot of chirp about
I’ve been hearing this too. He might be someone to look out for, Considering he impressed at nationals.
What crew is he in at school?

Also, any predictions on the kings 1st and 2nd VIII for the upcoming season?

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
I’ve been hearing this too. He might be someone to look out for, Considering he impressed at nationals.
What crew is he in at school?

Also, any predictions on the kings 1st and 2nd VIII for the upcoming season?
1st VIII:

(Bow to Stroke)

Bodman, Rogers, Platis, Fonua, Matthews, Tindal, Farrah, Fleet, c: Gerber

2nd VIII:

Woodhouse-Bedak, Todd, McMurtrie, Blatchford, Millward, Bazina, Moore, Dugan, c: Watson

Tom_Skibidi69

Frank Row (1)
Here are my predictions for the 2025 Scots 1st VIII
(From bow to stroke)

1st 8- Sam Ireland, Erik Johanssen, Angus Wells, Deanos Lowe, Max Berkelouw, Tom Cambell, Sam Stewart, Tennysons Bors, Coxswain- Tom Beck

- Mr Skibidi

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Interested @The Chairman in what you think the Shore 2nd VIII will look like? I feel like almost all the seats are anyone's to take.
1st VIII:

L.Paris, J.Frape, Edwards, Kellett, Galligan, McHutchinson, Halstead, Harvey, c: Zhu

2nd VIII:

Scammell, Wyles, Robinson, Nam, Welch, Faddy, H.Frape, O.Paris, c: Chapman

Last edited:

The J..... Junkie

Frank Row (1)
S
Here are my predictions for the 2025 Scots 1st VIII
(From bow to stroke)

1st 8- Sam Ireland, Erik Johanssen, Angus Wells, Deanos Lowe, Max Berkelouw, Tom Cambell, Sam Stewart, Tennysons Bors, Coxswain- Tom Beck

- Mr Skibidi
Sounds like a very promising crew, Keen to see how they go

- The junkie

The Challenger

Frank Row (1)
1st VIII:

L.Paris, J.Frape, Edwards, Kellett, Galligan, McHutchinson, Halstead, Harvey, c: Zhu

2nd VIII:

Scammell, Wyles, Robinson, Nam, Welch, Marshall, H.Frape, O.Paris, c: Chapman
Great to join in on this conversation. Totally agree with that 1st eight as it shows a lot of potential. Although I don't see how students like Marshall and Welch who were both in the fours this year are more likely than 1st four members like henry faddy and Year 10 1st Eight members like Austin Hamilton and Henry Wheeler. Also the combination of Oliver Paris and Luke Robinsn worked well in the junior boats so would like to see that moving forward.

Any thoughts?

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Great to join in on this conversation. Totally agree with that 1st eight as it shows a lot of potential. Although I don't see how students like Marshall and Welch who were both in the fours this year are more likely than 1st four members like henry faddy and Year 10 1st Eight members like Austin Hamilton and Henry Wheeler. Also the combination of Oliver Paris and Luke Robinsn worked well in the junior boats so would like to see that moving forward.

Any thoughts?
Edited to put Faddy in 2nd VIII