• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2025 schools rowing

Scrum Sandwich

Frank Row (1)
Yes, that is correct. Congratulations to Hennessy(I), Basha(J), Moloney(J) and Moloney(J) which is coxed by Burton(I) on their respective selections in the Australian U19M4+ for the upcoming Junior World Championships. Not the crew I originally anticipated but certainly a lot of potential in that boat and a good opportunity to lay down a strong performance.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yes, that is correct. Congratulations to Hennessy(I), Basha(J), Moloney(J) and Moloney(J) which is coxed by Burton(I) on their respective selections in the Australian U19M4+ for the upcoming Junior World Championships. Not the crew I originally anticipated but certainly a lot of potential in that boat and a good opportunity to lay down a strong performance.
No Ciesiolka, Hines or Maclean doesn’t make alot of sense to me.

I’d much rather have Ciesiolka Stroke, Basha 3, Hines 2 and Hennessy Bow.

Nonetheless that is still a very good boat. Best of luck to them.

(Tandem rig the 2 and 3)

TheFoundingFather

Frank Row (1)

(Tandem rig the 2 and 3)
Clearly there has been an extensive selection process consisting of seat racing and finding the quickest combination so I don't know how you can doubt the selection. It's as simple as those 4 were the quickest.

-TFF

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Clearly there has been an extensive selection process consisting of seat racing and finding the quickest combination so I don't know how you can doubt the selection. It's as simple as those 4 were the quickest.

-TFF
I’m not doubting that they are the quickest I merely thought that there would be a different combination that made more sense to me. At the end of the day, i’m not at the NTC and I trust them to make a better decision than me.

it's_marvellous2024

Frank Row (1)
Grammar's had some improving results in the juniors. Also a few new boats in the fleet and a change in Director giving a bit of a boost to the best finish in 12 years at 2024 HOTR.
Is there any likelihood of them brining the Rennie home in the next decade?

I have heard that Ciezolka (J), both Molonys (J), Williams (J) are repeating as they are a year young (born in 2007). I feel this is very unethical for Joeys to do this and discards students morals. Besides this, Joeys 1st 8 next year will be very experienced. Obviosly Kings 1st 8 next year will be red hot, probably a little to good to beat joeys but if joeys can muster 4 other good sweep rowers they will be immortal. signing off, Elliot

I have heard that Ciezolka (J), both Molonys (J), Williams (J) are repeating as they are a year young (born in 2007). I feel this is very unethical for Joeys to do this and discards students morals. Besides this, Joeys 1st 8 next year will be very experienced. Obviosly Kings 1st 8 next year will be red hot, probably a little to good to beat joeys but if joeys can muster 4 other good sweep rowers they will be immortal. signing off, Elliot
Hi Elliot,

i have heard through the grape vine that these boys are backing up for another season at the Joeys Boatshed. I guess it's one of those things that aren't illegal maybe just frowned upon, taking seats from the blokes in the year below but from what i have heard it would be for the better anyway.

Obviously very positive for the joeys VIII with the moloneys (J) going to Canada and Ciesolkia (J) just missing out. quality experienced oarsmen all backing up for 3 and 4 years in the VIII will be truly unstoppable.

My Input, have a great rest of your afternoon everyone. Jesse.

The Chairman

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If this is true, it certainly puts them in a very competitive position. That makes another 5 returning rowers in this years First VIII. Add on Gursoy from the 2nd VIII, then Frederikson and Lane from the First Junior, and that St Joseph’s First VIII looks incredibly dangerous. Watch out.

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi everyone,

I am sure to not be the only one extremely cross with learning this information. This is schoolboy rowing for Christ's sake!! We can't be having boys repeat just to try and scrape another HOTR win. That is certainly not in the spirit of the GPS. Those 4 oarsmen should just move on to Uni/Club rowing and aim even higher than schoolboy rowing. They have had their shot (3 of them twice). If this comes out to be true I for one will be complaining to St Josephs for their lack of consideration and sportsmanship. I would like to know who agrees with me. Let me know.

Thanks,

Wolfpack #HungryForTheRennie

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi everyone,

I am sure to not be the only one extremely cross with learning this information. This is schoolboy rowing for Christ's sake!! We can't be having boys repeat just to try and scrape another HOTR win. That is certainly not in the spirit of the GPS. Those 4 oarsmen should just move on to Uni/Club rowing and aim even higher than schoolboy rowing. They have had their shot (3 of them twice). If this comes out to be true I for one will be complaining to St Josephs for their lack of consideration and sportsmanship. I would like to know who agrees with me. Let me know.

Thanks,

I am no Joeys supporter and I certainly do not look on this news with excitement, however as 'unethical' as it is there is nothing you or anyone else can do as it is inherently legal. Their hungry for the Rennie, and you can't blame them, rowing success is something I wouldn't say is common place over at hunters hill... ;)

Let us hope that the coaches at the other schools are cooking an insane season as well, who knows maybe some young guns can show these blokes who's boss???

I do not see much need for stress, Shore seems to be on a comeback of sorts, Kings will most likely hold strong, same goes for view. Grammar amazingly I reckon could be contending the podium next year. Competition should be tough in 2025.

RR

restarted_persone

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

I am with you.

Glenngarry Carry

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello fellow Schoolboy Rowing Enthusiasts,

Its little old Glenn here. I have just been reading up on the forum and Ive just been lead to beleive that 5 first 8 rowers from St Josephs are coming on back next season, 4 of which are repeating year 12. My Thoughts: This is extremely unethical, Mkay, I beleive this is a robbery of a Scots Rennie for 2025, Although they lose monster strokemen such as J.Pinn And E. Lowe, they have left behind a hardworking Shed that future Scots boys can look up to. I Do beleive they are a Smokey for title contention. Look i am a realist they may not win but are a garunteed top three.

I hope with all my heart, for the sake of the GPS and Rowing as a sport that these rumours are not true.
Can someone inside the Joeys rowing community please confirm or deny!!!

Lots Of Love

GLENN

Hey Glenn,

Ah, the drama of the schoolboy rowing scene! It's like a soap opera with oars. You've got to love the speculation, the rumors, and the occasional scandal.

So, the St. Joseph's boys are allegedly fielding a crew that's practically seasoned veterans by now, huh? Repeating year 12 to dominate the water? Well, well, well... If true, that's some serious commitment to the sport, or maybe just a love for that sweet, sweet smell of boat polish.

But hey, let's not jump to conclusions just yet. We're all about fair play and good sportsmanship here, right? Let's give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. After all, rowing is all about integrity, teamwork, and some seriously chiseled calves.

So, until we get the scoop straight from the Joseph's shed, let's keep our oars in the water and our eyes on the horizon. Who knows, maybe this season will be a showdown for the ages, or maybe just another chapter in the GPS Rowing Chronicles.

Keep rowing and keep dreaming of that championship gold, Glenn. And remember, it's not the size of the oar, it's the motion of the boat!

Cheers, Your fellow paddler

SBE
Great take ShortBallEnthusiast, my take is that this 'banter' is merely just some entertainment for people. Completely agree that we should not stress too much. Some people just don't know when to turn off!!
Anyway, best of luck to the U19 4+ they will be great and represent the GPS with flying colours!

Best,
Empacher

regardless of whether the joey's boys are repeating or not. there is nothing in the rule books or anything that strictly sais that they are not allowed to do it. For @glanngarrycarry, i dont think that this change threatens a scots win in anyway shape or form, given they were never thought about as a chance.

To be honest, i am inclined to think that the boys repeating could allow some strong dominance on the water and perhaps a broken record???

wouldn't put it past the boys given 6 of the won the rennie just recently. A big whinge from a lot of schoolboy's on this forum that their current 1st VIII is well threatened by this. but the Joeys boys haven't done anything illegal, while potentially frowned upon by some, it's in the rules.

Maybe a bit of respect for the dedication of these boys??

Jesse

GOOD GRACIOUS GOD, WHAT IS THIS NEWS??????????

My old timer friend and old boy of scots in 1975 alongside my self, muz will absolutely fly out of his wheelchair at this news. even with a crippling back issue!!!!!!

what on gods green earth is going at that college?????????? Been playing dirty in all of histories those blokes, do anything to take the soft option to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodness gracious my great grandfather dead 79 years ago will roll in his grave over this.

What is this absolute garbage, Phillip.

Glory to the wyvern

Stan Wickham (3)

(Tandem rig the 2 and 3)
Not sure what the obsession with Hines is Chairman. Although a great erg, is it really good in relation to weight when compared to those of Hennesy, Molonies, Ciesolka...

Wyvern