• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3,2,1 Waratahs vs Cheetahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have been saying it for a while but Lachlan Turner doesnt seem to contribute anything to the Tah's except bad decisions on the pitch. Bench him

D

Dunnman

The man-love exhibited here for Tom Carter is woefully misplaced, as is your (admirable) loyalty, Bruce. Carter did nothing out of the ordinary on Saturday night, he was completely predicatable as he rarely passes the pill (not once against the Cheetahs) and is dead easy to defend against. But I'll mark him down heavily for this: on two occasions Tom got the ball with outside runners in space BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK, just tucked it under his wing and carted it up into the inevitable tackle. This competition cries out for tries to be scored, Carter denies the Tahs outside backs many opportunities to do so.

If I absolutely have to award points it is:

3. Mitchell
2. Dennis
1. Fitzpatrick

Carter is washed up.

Get some young blood in there.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The man-love exhibited here for Tom Carter is woefully misplaced, as is your (admirable) loyalty, Bruce. Carter did nothing out of the ordinary on Saturday night, he was completely predicatable as he rarely passes the pill (not once against the Cheetahs) and is dead easy to defend against. But I'll mark him down heavily for this: on two occasions Tom got the ball with outside runners in space BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK, just tucked it under his wing and carted it up into the inevitable tackle. This competition cries out for tries to be scored, Carter denies the Tahs outside backs many opportunities to do so.

Are you serious, Lindommer, or just trying to stir?

"did nothing out of the ordinary": Let's look at the FoxSports stats. With the predictable exception of the fullback with 14, he had 9 runs, more than anyone else in the team. Typically forwards make more runs than backs, but the highest number of runs for any of the Waratah forwards was 7

He had 3 tackle busts, more than anyone else apart from Mitchell with 5. He had one of the only two pilfers credited to the Waratahs.

He made 9 tackles without a miss, more than anyone else apart from McCutcheon with 11. .

The Waratah backs recorded 15 errors; Carter had none although he did concede a penalty.

"on two occasions Tom got the ball with outside runners in space BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK, just tucked it under his wing and carted it up into the inevitable tackle": I watch Carter's games very closely, given the extreme degree of criticism he is subjected to. On the two occasions I assume you are referring to he broke into space and carried the ball forward for about 20 metres. I am not aware of any reason why a back in space is not entitled to have a run with the ball but apparently he is required to immediately pass it to another player.

Towards the end of both runs it was obvious that the player on his outside was covered, but it was clear that he was looking for support particularly on his inside. If he is as slow as the bashers claim it is surprising that there was no support player looming. He went to ground and made the ball available for his team, but this in itself was evidence of how hopeless he is and how "woefully misplaced" any support for him is.

How many times during the match did any Waratah player break the line and make good metres? Apart from Dave Dennis's great run they were few and far between.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I have been saying it for a while but Lachlan Turner doesnt seem to contribute anything to the Tah's except bad decisions on the pitch. Bench him

In Turner's defense, its hard to do anything when the 10's first option is to chip for the winger.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
3 - Burgess, only seemed slow because there was absolutely zero clean out.
2 - Carter was the most dangerous player the Tahs had by the length of the straight.
1 - Baxter was the main reason the scrum did not get absolutely rodgered all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.