• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3rd test Aus V SA, Perth 30 Nov to 4 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Faf my pick of the batsmen today. ;) Fighting for dead. Agree on Johnson, he has been excellent, could have been much better without all those tattoos.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
And that's why you should keep a spinner in your side. Lyon did exceptionally well today. He cleaned up the tail, which is exactly what a spinner should do in Perth. Let the fast bowlers soften up the top order, and let the spinner clean up the lower order. SA all out for 225.

This will be a testy little session for the Aus top order.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Th time lat year the test ws over by stumps on day 1. That won't be the case today but we are set up for a result in this match either way. I'm disappointed that sa got over 150, felt like we let them off the hook a bit

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well it's on now. Cowan gone for a golden with. Beautiful catch by Jacques. It's all happening, and there is still plenty of overs to stumps.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
And that's why you should keep a spinner in your side. Lyon did exceptionally well today. He cleaned up the tail, which is exactly what a spinner should do in Perth. Let the fast bowlers soften up the top order, and let the spinner clean up the lower order. SA all out for 225.

This will be a testy little session for the Aus top order.
We got two LH off spinners.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
SA are bowling very well here. Not sure the has been a short ball yet. They are making the most of the moving ball. Styen has been the best I have seen him this series.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lyon won't ever play a harder knock. That was gripping viewing, watching Lyon hang on against an unplayable Steyn. Well done young man, I am really looking forward to an excellent days cricket tomorrow.

A

alen wast

I think the push from CSA was for a rotation of location every four years. One here, one there. Which from their perspective, is perfectly reasonable.

Chelsea Handler

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Great fightback by the Saffers this morning. Clarke, Ponting, Hussey, Lyon all out to good balls. Warner on the other hand...

Good lone hand from Matt Wade, without him we would be right in the shit. If he keeps going we might end up just level with SA, but if he gets out early we will be in deep shit.

Can't wait for the next two sessions, will be fascinating. Test cricket at its best.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a test match, but we are in big, big trouble here. We need a minimum of 50 more to feel like we're still in the game for mine. If the Saffers lead by more than about 75 it will be extremely tough to make it back from this point.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Wade goes to a lazy shot off Peterson. Good innings, but should have done better once he got past 50.

Now it's all about damage reduction, if we can get within 50 we are doing well.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
All out for 162. Deep do-do now. The wicket will be a bit easier to bat on and we're likely to be chasing a fairly sizeable target to win. Big effort required the rest of the day in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.