• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v Chiefs - Saturday 27 May

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How do you know it wasn't looked at by TMO. TMO has about 4-5 screens and actually rewatch everything, including all tries etc. Never think because it not replayed on your TV that the TMO hasn't looked at it. Amazes me how often people don't realise how many camera angles etc TMO's watch and check on things.

1685228247386.jpeg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry @Slim 293 I miss the point of the post? Do you think the TMO sees what we see on tv or big screen? Was interesting thing showing TMO's set up a month or so back on tv, and that one showed a TMO and another (who was technician I think) with four different screens in front of them. I actually haven't seen similar at grounds or TV.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
How do you know it wasn't looked at by TMO. TMO has about 4-5 screens and actually rewatch everything, including all tries etc. Never think because it not replayed on your TV that the TMO hasn't looked at it. Amazes me how often people don't realise how many camera angles etc TMO's watch and check on things.
When people say 'TMO didn't look at it', it's usually in respect to the TMO not referring it to the on-field referee as potential foul play, and then making a collective decision.

I went back and watched it again - the TMO relayed "no foul play" to Pickerill so no further decision making needed. I would've thought a shoulder to the head constituted at least a look from the on-field ref, but maybe that's just me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry @Slim 293 I miss the point of the post? Do you think the TMO sees what we see on tv or big screen? Was interesting thing showing TMO's set up a month or so back on tv, and that one showed a TMO and another (who was technician I think) with four different screens in front of them. I actually haven't seen similar at grounds or TV.

I was simply highlighting, that despite the resources given to them, sometimes TMO’s miss things, like the guy pictured currently serving a lengthy suspension…

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was simply highlighting, that despite the resources given to them, sometimes TMO’s miss things, like the guy pictured currently serving a lengthy suspension…
Sorry mate, didn't recognise the guy pictured, man it's Sunday and I had a big day of rugby yesterday, so brain is struggling ................well more than normal ;)