• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v NSW Waratahs, GIO Stadium 31 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Tom Robertson (31)
2. Damien Fitzpatrick (35)
3. Sekope Kepu (111)
4. Ned Hanigan (19)
5. Rob Simmons (2)
6. Michael Wells (19)
7. Michael Hooper (84, captain)
8. Jed Holloway (27)
9. Jake Gordon (35)
10. Bernard Foley (91, vice-captain)
11. Taqele Naiyaravoro (36)
12. Kurtley Beale (114)
13. Curtis Rona (4)
14. Israel Folau (79)
15. Bryce Hegarty (16)

Reserves:
16. Hugh Roach (33)
17. Harry Johnson-Holmes (4)
18. Paddy Ryan (95)
19. Tom Staniforth (4)
20. Will Miller (3)
21. Mitchell Short (2)
22. Lalakai Foketi (4)
23. Alex Newsome (4)

Taqele into the starting team, Rona to 13 and Foketi to the bench. Gordon back at half with Short on the bench.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Good to see Taqele starting. I would have ditched Hegarty and kept Foketi on, but eh still happy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DZa1-ADUMAAC-yb.jpg:large

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Alexander or Mayhew......... Brumbies going for the up and comers in Sione and Erasmus on the bench.

No Carter, but Pocock back.

Banks on the bench again......... I still thik that a back 3 with Banks, Muirhead and Speight might provide a better balance.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyways, im popping down to Canberra with my missus for the evening. Anyone know of any shit to do other than watch the rugby?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyways, im popping down to Canberra with my missus for the evening. Anyone know of any shit to do other than watch the rugby?

Go to BentSpoke Brewing before the game for beer and dinner https://www.bentspokebrewing.com.au/

Catch the free bus from nearby to the game.

Either go back there after the game or there are some good bars around Braddon. Last time we were down there we ended up at a great little whisky bar in Braddon called Hippo Co.

On the Sunday morning, go to the National Gallery or the Drill Hall Gallery at ANU for a bit of a culture.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A lot of quality restaurants, bars and cafes have opened up in the past few years around the city (particularly Braddon and new Acton) that are worth checking out........

I hear Bar Rochford on London Circuit in the city is supposed to be pretty good, but unfortunately it was closed when I was visiting back in Xmas.

BentSpoke is always the go to pub though.... and if you're looking for a nice dinner around there you have Italian & Sons and eightysix, and then there's Grease Monkey who do a decent burger.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Catching a cross field kick, getting tackled and getting back up and staying in the play to receive the final pass for the try was definitely a couple of new tricks.

As KB (Kurtley Beale) said, that's the T I want to see every week!

I think Taqele can only really start against Aus sides (and potentially some SA ones)- his lack of mobility/nous is too much of a liability and NZ sides have the quality to really isolate him.
It's a calculate risk to start him against the Brumbies but would have him on the bench against the top tier sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.