• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT Brumbies v NSW Waratahs, GIO Stadium 31 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think the key for the Brumbies is to realise that they'll have to score a few tries. The one thing the Tahs have always managed to to do is put a few on the board.

I don't think they'll succeed in turning it into an arm wrestle.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Really don't understand why Banks is riding the pine? Gutsy and pace to burn and more of a chance in the air vs Folau than Muirhead.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Really don't understand why Banks is riding the pine? Gutsy and pace to burn and more of a chance in the air vs Folau than Muirhead.
They mentioned in commentary that Muirhead tends to add more as a distributor in attack than Banks. Not entirely sure I see the need for another distributive role given they already have two ball players at 10 and 12. Having said that Muirhead had a pretty decent game and did inject a bit of spark into the attack last time he played so I can see why McKellar retained him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Last chance as I see it for Tevita to show some form before a compulsory rest to get his game back in order. Can't wait to see Verity-Am take the No 13 spot. Shiggins might be poorly rated as a commentator, but he has some runs on the board as a talent identifier.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree with it being Teveita last chance but i think I would have Banks or Dargaville @13 before Am. Am looks pretty good but I don't think is at the level of the hype he gets from some and if you have a look at his history his ball control is not quite there yet and tends to have some occasional brain farts. A bit more time and a few appearances off the bench he will get there but IMHO he is too light for 13 and defensively suspect.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dargaville at 13 could be a good option...............

I still maintain that having Banks and Muirhead in our back 3 is the way forward.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Banks would be my pick at 13 too. Was just looking for a bite about V-A. Time off the bench coming in to wing would be best option at this time for Verity-Am.

Reactions: mst

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kerevi is the right guy at 13 IMO, just needs to find a bit of form, and the 10 and 12 need to step up and release the wings and fullback. Will keep a good eye on Muirhead in tonight’s game to see why he is suddenly being favoured over Banks.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Kerevi is the right guy at 13 IMO, just needs to find a bit of form, and the 10 and 12 need to step up and release the wings and fullback. Will keep a good eye on Muirhead in tonight’s game to see why he is suddenly being favoured over Banks.

Kerevi? Doesn't he play for the Reds...

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hoping for a draw and I think the game will be pretty even until the last 20.

Tahs big 3 backs (Foley, Folau and BEALE) will run riot towards the end:(

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Brumbies by 10-15 - I think the forward battle will be theirs, and the Tahs won't get enough clear ball to nullify that with points.

Status
Not open for further replies.