• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Burbleson

Did the ACT schoolboys play from each team or were they rested?

Rep players were rested. Eight out for Marist and 4 from Grammar I think. Marist even had a couple of U16s players on the field. Game was won at the breakdown with Grammar dominating and being far more aggressive than the Marist forwards.

E

Eshlad

Marist scored a very impressive win over a much bigger hills sports high today, 29-7. I must say Marist are looking pretty good to take out the title with Eddies scoring a huge win over Grammar on the weekend.

G

G&GR News Bot

Marist College vs Daramalan College, Daramalan College Ovals, 3:00pm A match up that should bring fireworks. Both teams have hit a purple patch as of late with Daramalan winning 3 of their last 4 and Marist 7 of their last 8. Look out for Daramlan number 12 James Rumble who’s been in scintillating form as

Click this link to read the full article...

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sorry people, this may upset a fe of you but I am afraid the time has come for the schools competing in the u18 ACTJRU to draw a line in the sand with the club sides and let them know enough is enough. With the exception of Vikings and to a lesser degree Wests the other club sides are making a mockery of the competition with the number of forfeits occuring. This has being especially evident towards the end of the season where some of these clubs are have seemingly 'given up the ghost'.

The main players, namely Eddies, Marist and Grammar need to put an ultimatum to the clubs to compete each and every round or rack off. My own view is that the sooner these schools depart from the u18 comp and revert to the ASC the better. I would rather see Eddies, Marist, Grammar, and Darra play each other three times a year than have their 1st XV 's not get a game at all because clubs sides cant maintain interest. At the very least the 2nd and 3rd XV comps would have a greater number of teams with Trinity, Burghman, Radford and possibly a Mackillop side put together. I am sure over time these other schools, particularly Burghman and Trinity could assemble teams which could compete in the 1st XV comp.

The current arrangement is a joke and an insult to some of the pride that schools such as Eddies and Marist place in their 1st XV jumper. I know this post will annoy many of those who are backbones of the club sides and try their very best to assemble a strong XV each weekend. I apologise to those people but sadly you are being let down by your fellow clubmen. Marist 1st XV has not got a game in the last two weeks due to forfeits. Is it any wonder that when they go away to Sydney to play in Waratah Shield semis against schools such as Oakhill they get blown away like they did last week. They are simply not getting the level of competition week in week out that they need to prepare for those types of fixtures. How long will it take before some one does something about this? As I have said three games a year against each school who is competitive would serve these schools much better in terms of player development than the current arrangement.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Great to see the Grammar 1st XV get a win up over Eddies in the Final last weekend. It was a fantastic game, which could have gone either way. Final score 35-33.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
If this is the case Angry dog why not try to play in the ISA competition or CAS.
ISA has a lot of travel now to places further away than Canberra. Thought it would upset the local comp.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry people, this may upset a fe of you but I am afraid the time has come for the schools competing in the u18 ACTJRU to draw a line in the sand with the club sides and let them know enough is enough. With the exception of Vikings and to a lesser degree Wests the other club sides are making a mockery of the competition with the number of forfeits occuring. This has being especially evident towards the end of the season where some of these clubs are have seemingly 'given up the ghost'.

The main players, namely Eddies, Marist and Grammar need to put an ultimatum to the clubs to compete each and every round or rack off. My own view is that the sooner these schools depart from the u18 comp and revert to the ASC the better. I would rather see Eddies, Marist, Grammar, and Darra play each other three times a year than have their 1st XV 's not get a game at all because clubs sides cant maintain interest. At the very least the 2nd and 3rd XV comps would have a greater number of teams with Trinity, Burghman, Radford and possibly a Mackillop side put together. I am sure over time these other schools, particularly Burghman and Trinity could assemble teams which could compete in the 1st XV comp.

The current arrangement is a joke and an insult to some of the pride that schools such as Eddies and Marist place in their 1st XV jumper. I know this post will annoy many of those who are backbones of the club sides and try their very best to assemble a strong XV each weekend. I apologise to those people but sadly you are being let down by your fellow clubmen. Marist 1st XV has not got a game in the last two weeks due to forfeits. Is it any wonder that when they go away to Sydney to play in Waratah Shield semis against schools such as Oakhill they get blown away like they did last week. They are simply not getting the level of competition week in week out that they need to prepare for those types of fixtures. How long will it take before some one does something about this? As I have said three games a year against each school who is competitive would serve these schools much better in terms of player development than the current arrangement.

If this is the case etc

jamey jones

Frank Nicholson (4)
Eddies recently played st augustines in manly
results:
Eddies 1st 15 won 36-33 after trailing 21-7 at halftime
Eddies u12 won 80-0
Eddies u14 won 26-19 after trailing 19-0 this was possibling the best junior game i have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.