• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Quade Cooper

Jesus, has this thread exploded.

Firstly, the blue and white headgear winger is very inconsistent. During his 2nds games last season, very inconsistent and has absolutely no chance of ACT schoolboys! However, it seems he is stepping up his game. With a backline (especially Narracott), supporting the wingers well, I think he's performing quite nicely.

Brodie Ingram? He has got to be one of the most average players from Grammar! Has a shocker of a pass let alone running the ball.

Singh is a slow ball runner but a courageous one at that. I've seen him play and must admit he is quite ferocious at the breakdown. If his brother was Max Singh then indeed he has a bit of stepping up to do! From what I remember he was quite a hard hitter in the ballpark!

Staniforth and Narracott do hold the team together and morale would be significantly reduced without them. I agree with Eshlad on that point and without those two, it's hard to see them winning again against Eddies or Marist.

Anyways, undoubtedly the contest is going to be between Grammar Marist and Eddies. I completely disagree with the statement of there being depth in the bench for Grammar and it'll show through the season!

Anyone else surprised at Khalfan (Grammar five-eighth) not being considered for ACT schoolboys selection? Although he likes holding onto the ball quite a bit, he is deceptively agile and has a decent passing and kicking game.

This year is definitely Grammar's best chance at the premiership. They can't let the wins so far get to their heads. The season's no where near over and I'm sure there'll be some hardfought games throughout.

you would be surprised how good the forward pack can play with out staniforth, jack stanford is a very good play so is harry fleming and harry rumble. yes the morale would drop with out staniforth but those 3 are big hitters and can fill in tom's big shoes. Narracott is also key to the backs but as you said khalfan is very good and he was unlucky to not get picked for ACT schools. but him, josh friend and alistar turbayne can fill in for narracott. the speed may be taken out but those 3 and john sutton are very solid players. grammar do have a lot of pressure on them to continue this good form. but they did show a lot of heart against marist in Rd 1 and it showed with the result. you do have some good points on the players but i would be interested to see where you got these facts from. those 3 players you mentioned are very solid players and cant be talked about harshly about them. all 3 show heart when they play. but you also have a good point it will be interesting to see how good their depth is and it will show in the later stages of the competition. i will admit grammars bench isnt amazing but some people on their can make a difference in different aspects of the game. but time will tell

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A quick look through the division tables shows pretty clearly that grammar dont have alot of depth and that their 1st XV is exactly that. If anything Marist seems to be the strongest at the moment. Their 2nd XV and 16A's are undefeated whilst their 3d XV are mid table and 16 B's are second. Eddies are in a simialr position but slightly lower in most divisions. Grammar are a long way from these positions, infact they dont even have a 3rd XV which is hard to fathom. Any injuries an they will wilt very quickly. As I mentioned earlier the greatest test for Grammar this year is still to come i.e maintaining good early form. Should the continue and make it to the final they will no doubt come up against one of two schools who are proven performers in finals football. Eddies in particular are notorious finishers in pressure finals football.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hopefully Admin cleans up or gets on the case of these obvious Grammar students boosting their mates egos for a laugh before this thread turns into something that resembles the sportal forum.

A

ACT player

Hopefully Admin cleans up or gets on the case of these obvious Grammar students boosting their mates egos for a laugh before this thread turns into something that resembles the sportal forum.

Could not agree with you more!
No doubt all this talk is getting to their heads.

I'm a Grammar supporter, no hiding that. So to all you boys avidly reading away at these posts, keep pushing on forward but the season's still got plenty left in it so train hard and enjoy the rest this weekend for the 1sts and to the 2nds good luck!

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on Brodie Ingram. He's played decent footy and his pass has looked pretty good this season..

W

WalterH1

Who

Who is coaching Grammar this year? Does this have anything to do with their vast improvement as well as their player depth?

I'd put a lot of grammar's success this year down to a few things, one being coaching at all levels. The current year 12's had a very good coach who trained them pretty hard up until they hit seniors. The coaches for firsts and seconds are also good and coach the firsts and seconds as a squad a lot.

But the real key to grammar's success this year is probably last year's seconds. That team had a perfect season and won just about every game by around 30 points, the majority of firsts this year were either in that team or were playing firsts anyway.

E

Eshlad

I think some of these Grammar students need to wake up to themselves.. all this talk about certain players ect.. will mean nothing until the grandfinal, so to the boys in the forum talking up your mates i hope you fellas back it up on the field, or your 1st XV will be looking very silly. Even though im not a grammar supporter, it is good to see grammars success so far, but i do think it will be the same old Eddies v Marist final this year, as i see grammar will begin to struggle if injuries do arise within their team. I think the strength of Eddies hasnt fully yet been discovered as they have gotten of to a slow start but I do seriously see them as contenders in the September end of the footy season. Marist is a team that was written off at the start of the year but I think they will be the main contenders for the title, their talent is very good this year, with 7 ACT schoolboys they will be looking good. I do like the look of the 16 year old openside Dean Paragalli? He is most definitely a player for the future.

T

The Quade Cooper

anyone know the results from today, all i know is that vikings forfeited to grammar. does anyone know why they forfeited, from what i heard last week they have a full team against marist. anyone know anything about that as well?

T

The Quade Cooper

yeh, did they play well? or did marist just play like shit? doesnt sound like marist playing bad seeing they have 7 schoolboys in their team

A

ACTrugbyOracle

Are there any waratah shield games this week, I know grammar are playing st Augustine's are there any others?

ACTJRUGURU

Bob McCowan (2)
Today i watched Grammar V St Augustines, This team who is suppose to be the front runner of the ACT u18s Comp are a touch football side, they cannot defend. St Augustines played a fast expansive game that Grammar could not handle. As the GURU of ACT rugby i predict grammar to not even make the ACTJRU u18 Grand Final in 2012. Marist V Eddies will be the fixture for this years grand finals in 1st, 2nds, 16A, 15A, 13A, 12A and 10A.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Today i watched Grammar V St Augustines, This team who is suppose to be the front runner of the ACT u18s Comp are a touch football side, they cannot defend. St Augustines played a fast expansive game that Grammar could not handle. As the GURU of ACT rugby i predict grammar to not even make the ACTJRU u18 Grand Final in 2012. Marist V Eddies will be the fixture for this years grand finals in 1st, 2nds, 16A, 15A, 13A, 12A and 10A.

What was the score between Grammar and Auggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.